ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ikari_88
    4 posts

@sisyphoid Thanks for confirming this for me. I saw a bunch of reddit posts relating to this and it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a game with online play.

I gave Ubi another shot after the abortion that was New Dawn, but this just cements the fact that they won't get a cent from me again.

Let's hope, but I wouldn't;t hold our breath on this, they cant even give us aspect ratio options so....

• Obeelan
    1 posts

Once again getting Bookworm-2cea2bdc errors when trying to play with family overseas..
    Yes ping is pretty high, but it plays fine till that bookworm error. I recall having a similar issue with Farcry 5..

Yes, I've checked all my settings they're fine (on both ends) Please remove the high ping block from the game!!

• OhForForkSake
    6 posts

I feel that after the initial week of release your entire team have basically gone to sleep or gone to work on the next pile of trash game.
    I have purchased this game a long with a friend both wasting a substantial sum of money on something we cannot play together because your game is broken.
    Earlier this week, you reset the servers or something, it allowed us two days of gaming, then the following day we couldn't play any longer.
    This crash has consisted through the entire opening week and it doesn't seem to make a spot on your list and if it does, I have tried each and every fix.

If the cause of this error is due to a ping limiter, REMOVE IT.NOW. Who said you could dictate the ping of which I am allowed to play with a friend?
    If the ping is severe that is for us to put up with, not for you to decide to take away my choice to play with that friend due to their geographical location.

Once more. The Error we are getting is.
    BOOKWORM-2CEA2BDC

• konstantinea979
    1 posts

@ohforforksake up
    crime scene cleanup michigan

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1474 posts

Hey @OhForForkSake, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the recent experience you've had with Far Cry 6 as I can fully appreciate that it has been a frustrating one due to the issue you were facing.

I've had a closer look at your account and can see that your particular instance has been forwarded to one of our higher teams who will review it and get back to you accordingly. In terms of communication, to keep it all in one place, we will proceed via ticket, therefore keep an eye on your emails and if you have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • PlatypusEros
    Original poster 9 posts

Would still really love a response from Ubisoft regarding this. Is it intended? If so, will it be removed as per Far Cry 5 or is it a 'feature' as of New Dawn?

Just so we know where we stand and people can make a choice regarding whether or not to purchase a game they may be unable to play with the person/s they intended to play with.

• mikez19999
    30 posts

@platypuseros Just wait for somone to fix the .dll with an injector like they did for New Dawn. Ubisoft isn't going to fix this.

• Chavi_gv
    1 posts

how is possible im trying to play with my friend who is in europe and im from australia
    and we cant play because of the that useless High ping Kicker
    everytime we connect together we can play fine and normal for 30 second and after that one of us is kick with error Bookworm-2CEA2BDC
    is really stupid please fix this

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2094 posts

Hello there everyone, I want to apologise for the delay!

We have merged together several similar threads about this error code Bookworm-2CEA2BDC into a single Megathread. I have created a single Megathread as this helps keep all information and future updates regarding this in one place.

I have forwarded all of the information in this thread over to the development team so that they can investigate this further. Further updates or requests for additional information will be posted here.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • that_guy_al_47
    1 posts

I have the same issue as everyone else has described here. I spent money on a game I can't play since I bought it specifically to play co-op.

• Sergeant_5illy
    1 posts

I live in Europe and play with a friend in Australia. We have zero issues with latency and really enjoy playing the game. Until 5 minutes pass and whoever isn't the host gets kicked. Maybe have the game warn the players that there could be an issue with the connection and that it may interfere with their experience, rather than straight up force disconnect the client when there is no noticeable issues?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there @that_guy_al_47 & @Sergeant_5illy! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered a Bookworm-2CEA2BDC error when trying to play co-op with friends. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us within this thread.

We have notified the development team about this error message and they're currently investigating this further. In the meantime, we would recommend that you try these basic connectivity troubleshooting steps for your platform, as these will help to ensure that your connection to the servers is in optimal condition.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • sabvip
    1 posts

не работает кооператив
    пробовали все: и переустановку и обновление и какой то файл закидывали.... но все равно не работает кооператив после обновления игры

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2236 posts

Thanks for your post, @sabvip - I appreciate you reaching out.

We're only able to provide official support in English here on this forum, so if you translate your message, we'll be happy to assist. Alternatively, you can get support in Russian from us at this link: https://www.ubisoft.com/ru-ru/help

Cheers 🙂

Official Response
  • mylittlepwny00
    1 posts

My friend and I are having this issue with New Dawn. It's 2022, fix this ridiculousness. We played the earlier games without issue. Should I bother buying Far Cry 6 or will it be the same?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2236 posts

Hey there @mylittlepwny00 , thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear you've had issues playing New Dawn with a friend - I'll be happy to help you solve it. Can you answer the questions below for me?

• Just to double-check, are you receiving the same error code as mentioned here in the thread?
    • Please see our connectivity guide: (https://ubi.li/pccon). Although you'd had no issues playing other games in the series, your network may have changed since then, or the requirements may be a little different for New Dawn. In particular, from that article, please remember to reset your network hardware, switch to a wired connection (if possible, and if you aren't already), and check for software conflicts that might be causing interference (such as downloader programs, potentially elsewhere on your network). 
    • Please ask your friend to do the same as above.
    • If possible, please try connecting to a different player, just for testing purposes - does the error still occur in that situation?

Please let me know if I can clarify any of the above steps at all!

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hello guys!

As we've had no further reports of the Bookworm-2CEA2BDC here with Far Cry 6 - we will be closing this thread as resolved.

If you do encounter any connection issues, please feel free to create another thread, including;

We will be more than happy to assist further.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics