ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PlatypusEros
    Original poster 9 posts

Hi,

So when trying to play with my friend in Far Cry 6 co-op, he gets disconnected after ~about a minute with the error bookworm-2cea2bdc.
    We had this issue with New Dawn, in which this particular error code seems to be a ping related problem. He is in Denmark, I am in New Zealand. We played Far Cry 5 together, start to finish, zero issues. I spent a lot of time in the New Dawn forums to finally be told "Oh it's a ping limiter, if the ping is too high it disconnects you." Hoped Far Cry 6, being a full sequel rather than a mini game wouldn't have this issue.

It should be up to us whether the ping is too high to play, not up to an arbitrary system programmed in to the game.

My NAT is open, we can play together with zero issues for that minute, so it's definitely playable.

An answer from Ubisoft on whether this is intended and whether they would consider removing this crap would be really grand. We waited a long time to play Far Cry 6 together and it's really disheartening to run in to this issue again.

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts
    Best Answer

Hello guys!

As we've had no further reports of the Bookworm-2CEA2BDC here with Far Cry 6 - we will be closing this thread as resolved.

If you do encounter any connection issues, please feel free to create another thread, including;

We will be more than happy to assist further.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • PlatypusEros
    Original poster 9 posts

A response from Ubisoft would be appreciated. ❤

• OhForForkSake
    6 posts

@platypuseros I have the exact same issue. Me and my friend waited for this to come out, spent good money on it for it to basically kicks us out due to 'lag' even though when we do get a few moments to play together it runs perfectly fine.

• OhForForkSake
    6 posts

I and my friend were really looking forward to playing this after completing far cry 5 just a few days ago.
    But every time we join the game, we just get kicked out of each other's games.
    When they get kicked they get a Bookworm- DD820329 Error and I get a Bookworm - 2cea2bdc Error
    I have seen the posts about port forwarding and the like, but when I pay this much for a game, I sort of expect it to work out of the box, I do not expect to be shuffling around in my router, messing with stuff.

I have reached out to support, but so far, they've said nothing.
    We have done the following.
    Restarted our games.
    Restarted our computers.
    Restarted routers.
    Tried joining, either way, to see if it was one of us over the other.

Also, I heard that Far cry New Dawn and Far cry 5 originally had a High ping setting that kicked people from your game.
    If this is indeed true, you need to remove this feature IMMEDIATELY! If my friend is lagging a second behind, I don't care.
    All I want to do is to be able to enjoy the game I purchased which you will now no longer allow me to refund due to opening your broken product that I have a feeling you'll not bother fixing.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Hello @OhForForkSake,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This helps us to ensure that the connectivity to the game servers is optimal.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • OhForForkSake
    6 posts

@ubi-mark That 'article link' didn't seem to work when I clicked on it. But if it is the troubleshooting article I read previous, I have indeed now port forwarded, and everything else on the list.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2162 posts

Thank you for highlighting this, @ohforforksake!

I fixed the link for you already - apologies for the inconvenience!

Official Response
  • rumbleeuw
    2 posts

@ubi-mark

This is the same stupid "feature" that Far Cry new dawn had. PLEASE just remove this ping limiter or whatever it is.
    It was fixed in Far Cry 5 and I do not want to use third-party scripts/fixes just so I can play with people from another country.

Let us play with people regardless of the ping please.

edit: I'm talking about Bookworm-2CEA2BDC

• rumbleeuw
    2 posts

@ubi-mark

This is the same stupid "feature" that Far Cry new dawn had. PLEASE just remove this ping limiter or whatever it is.
    It was fixed in Far Cry 5 and I do not want to use third-party scripts/fixes just so I can play with people from another country.

Let us play with people regardless of the ping please.

edit: I'm talking about Bookworm-2CEA2BDC

• He_Yi
    2 posts

Same deal for me, really disappointing that I bought this specifically to coop it with someone and can't, there was at least a community made patch for new dawn to disable the ping kick, which shares an error code and such with FC6, so hopefully there are enough similarities for somebody to port it over easily

• bryanbhu
    1 posts

Oh no, so it's like New Dawn again? There are a number of people I want to coop with, it's such a wonderful title to coop in.

Please get rid of it and save my day and (year) 😭

• Ikari_88
    4 posts

Every time i join a co-op game, I get dropped after about 30 seconds with a bookworm 2CEA2BDC error. I participate in combat and everything for about 30-40 seconds and then get dropped.

Both of us are on PC, I have flushed DNS, and opened ports and my router reports the UPnP is active for FC6. All other online content like store items etc load fine but co-op is not working at all.

We also tried join on either of us and the issue still persists, for a $90 game this is very disappointing

• Kreytari
    1 posts

I am also effected by this - I played Far Cry 4 and 5 with no problems in co-op with a friend in Europe (from Oceania), but for some reason New Dawn introduced a "Feature" which made this impossible. It is mind boggling to me why you would purposely make the game unplayable to a portion of your audience for no gain. Could there be added a way to turn bookworm 2CEA2BDC off with the full knowledge we aren't getting the "optimal" experience?

Farcry was the game I played with him, and now we can't, for a reason I cannot understand.

• OhForForkSake
    6 posts

I had this issue with my friend on day one, we could play 1-5 minutes before errors were thrown in our faces.
    Ubisoft did some server restarts and then for the next few days we managed to play the game flawlessly, with no errors or crashes.
    Today we logged in to continue playing and all of the errors have returned, we didn't even manage a minute of gameplay.
    My friend that joined and the game would almost instantly get kicked out.

FIX THIS. If this really is a 'ping' issue, let me as the player/customer decide at what point the lag is unbearable.

The code we got today was Bookworm - 2CEA2BDC

• Ikari_88
    4 posts

Quick update on this.

Verified the game files on both ends as well. the Issue still persists. Cant stay connected for more than 60 seconds

Any help or advice here Ubisoft?

One player is using the standard edition and I am on a subscription. Would regions affect this maybe?

Any help or advice would be super helpful here Ubi?????

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2139 posts

Hey everyone, as mentioned above by my colleague, if you're still experiencing this issue, could you all please create a case through our Ubisoft Support website, ensuring that you have completed all of the connectivity troubleshooting stated in this article?

When creating the case, please provide any images that may help us with our investigation, such as your system files and images showing that you have the relevant ports forwarded for the game. 

@rumbleeuw - I understand that you are specifically on about the Bookworm-2CEA2BDC error. However, we must ensure both you and your friends' connections are as optimal as possible to our game servers.

Official Response
  • Sisyphoid
    3 posts

It was "a feature" of FC5 too initially.
    It got removed though.

My brother is in Japan, I'm in Europe. We played FC5 just fine. We play whatever game fine. New Dawn did not work and was a waste of money. Ubisoft never took it off there.
    We decided to wait before buying FC6 to check if the high ping kick was there again. It makes no sense. It's not a competitive shooter or anything.

Ubisoft.... Please don't dillydally, remove it and let us play!

• Sisyphoid
    3 posts

Btw, for pc, somebody modded new dawn's hpk away.

We are playing on PS though.

• Ikari_88
    4 posts

@ubisoft anything?? Any help at all?

• Sisyphoid
    3 posts

This bookworm error is the high ping kick.
    It was in FC5 but removed.
    In New Dawn it was never removed. For PC a recent mod was released that solved this.

I didn't buy FC6 because I play coop with my brother on PS who lives on the other side of the world.

This is a ver stupid decision, this is not a competitive shooter.
    Let's try to make them cut it out.

Suggested Topics