ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 129 posts

I keep seeing all these posts about how the game is too easy, etc. I'd like to ask that if you're gonna go ahead and arbitrarily increase difficulty--like, making it so that you give less damage and receive more damage--please just keep that to the "action" mode, or just create an entirely new difficulty mode or something. I want no part of it. Some of us want to have a smoother, easier-going experience and would rather not die all the time and be stuck in loading screens more than in the game world. I actually want to enjoy myself in Far Cry 6 and take down enemies efficiently and effectively.

Meanwhile, yes, I'm one of those players who encounter (and absolutely loathe) bullet-spongey enemies, even in "story" mode. There have been several times now where I asked myself "Am I shooting these guys with bullets or spitballs?!" I've been in situations where I shoot a dude in the chest several times with an assault rifle, only to have him continue blasting me like I'd just tickled and mildly irritated him.

Why do we have to carefully select ammo types--and also not be able to change them out on the fly, like we could in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn? What's the point of the "standard" ammo? I guess I just never understood this pivot to more RPG-like systems and mechanics in this open-world first-person shooter series, with these dumb life bars and levels/ranks, etc. The enemies I'm facing are just regular people, right? Not superhumans?

Anyway, at the very least, please keep the "story" mode easier for those of us who prefer it. Let everybody whining about increasing difficulty have their entirely separate difficulty level that they can choose.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Community-Wurth
    12 posts

@c-pick I completely agree that although I belong to the player who thinks the game is too simple, I also think that higher challenges should be set with a new difficulty, rather than changing the current two difficulty options.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

Although an additional difficulty would be welcome it's sensible to not mess with the base level difficulty.

• ophtho77
    26 posts

far cry 5 had easy, normal, hard, far cry 6 omitted hard. No developer would make large difficulty changes once game released as would anger half the users, so only option would be 3rd hard version.

Also with right guns, there are no bullet sponge enemies (true of all games). Active with right guns is probably easier than story mode with wrong guns/mods/ammo.

"Hard level" means you have to explore to find right guns/gear so enemies are no longer bullet sponges....this adds excitement and purpose to exploring, to me that is half the fun.

By level 4, just after meeting 1st faction, build guerrilla garrison, get SSGP58 assault rifle with AP rounds/acog/increase damage aiming/increase damage body shots....every enemy goes down with 1 shot/burst to head, and 1-2 to body. The only bullet sponge left if Dani.

• Rienco0054
    1 posts

Yes agreed 👍
    i am having so much fun in the “story mode
    difficulty”
    i Hope the difficulty will not be changed here!

thank you
    for this great beautiful open world game🥳
    greetings

• Tengarnos
    8 posts

@c-pick I just disagree in one simple point here. The spawnrates especially in military zones is way too high. Bigger zones are even in coop impossible to clear stealthwise to look every corner for loot. If my GF and me getting endless wanted status since you kill more and faster enemies than you can reduce the level. "Run or fight" more like "Run if you dont want an endless fight". The spawnrate seems to be between 10 and 40 secs depending on if you are stealth or searched. You have a small radius which disable spawns but its either way to small or like I said the rate way too high.

• XMdead
    144 posts

Agreed. Story mode is fine as is.

Also, playera should be allowed to switch to higher difficulty at any time, not be forces to story difficulty for the first run.

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

Some of us want to have a smoother, easier-going experience and would rather not die all the time and be stuck in loading screens more than in the game world. I actually want to enjoy myself in Far Cry 6 and take down enemies efficiently and effectively.

----

You are the reason developers try to balance video games the way that they do. As I've said before, It's a no-win situation for developers because they are trying to balance a game for humans, and humans cannot be balanced. It's impossible.

Don't worry about all these braggarts, self-proclaimed professional gamers, and pro-tippers. They have nothing to be proud of excelling at playing video games at X-class, solar flare levels of difficulty.

Developers will always cater to you. Now, more than ever before.

Especially now that mobile games make more money than both PC Master Race games and console cretin trash.

You have nothing to worry about.

• DV20Katana
    182 posts

I am one of those that would love a much tougher story mode, but (and this is a big "but"!) it must be through a menu item and not hardcoded into the game.

So it should be a choice in the Difficulty Settings.

I feel very strongly that gamers today must have choices and what one gamer hates another likes - both must get to choose how they want to play 🙂

• carshop22
    43 posts

@c-pick i feel that in story difficulty you (the player) should give out more damage, to vehicles too! It took me once 3 to 4 rpg rounds to takedown a helicopter and you don't even have enough C4 ammo to even takedown a tank!
    They needa increase damage by a quarter or by half!?

• DV20Katana
    182 posts
    @c-pick i feel that in story difficulty you (the player) should give out more damage, to vehicles too! It took me once 3 to 4 rpg rounds to takedown a helicopter and you don't even have enough C4 ammo to even takedown a tank!
    They need a increase damage by a quarter or by half!?

That is ridiculous. Just one RPG should bring them down. IRL it is a deadly weapon if used well.

If Im not mistaken it was an RPG round that bought down the Blackhawk in Mogadishu ("Blackhawk Down")

• GameGuru2018
    277 posts
    ..... I actually want to enjoy myself in Far Cry 6 and take down enemies efficiently and effectively.....

For such purposes the game should have a training ground, camp, or Young Warrior's Course.
    Where an inexperienced fighter could train and hone his skills.

Having trained in such a camp a fighter can try it in real combat, real Far Cry dangerous world.

Nothing prevents you from enjoying yourself taking down enemies efficiently and effectively in more hardcore walkthrough.
    Your enjoing will be only more.
    Because you'll know that no one is playing giveaway with you.

But in general, C-Pick, you're typical Game-Killer.

You want to change the time in the game, the difficulty... and so on.
    You want to adjust the game to yourself - that is categorically shouldn't be done.
    We can't change the rules of the game adjusting it to ourselves - rules of the game are ironclad.
    Otherwise it's not a Game.

C-Pick, at first glance -you're right.
    And you sound so pitiful.
    First desire that you evoke is to sympathize with you and take your side....... but it's a trap.

Yes, the game may have some Story Mod, but people should understand it's not a real Far Cry.
    Not the game as it was planned and should be played.
    It's a Deviation.

And after finishing that Deviation the gamer must have an irresistible desire to try a real Far Cry now.

(But, in the future, better to avoid such deviations.)

• C-Pick

@carshop22 Exactly. It's ridiculous that a rocket from a full-damage rocket launcher can't immediately take out a chopper.

• C-Pick

@gameguru2018 That's . . . interesting. I just don't care if you think I'm playing Far Cry the "true" way. You can have higher difficulty settings if you want. I have more fun with an easier experience. Everybody wins.

And we players absolutely should have more options to tailor our gameplay experiences more to our needs and preferences. Why the heck shouldn't we? I simply disagree with much of what you're talking about. (By the way, I've been a steady player of the Far Cry series since Far Cry 2, way back in 2008.)

To give you an example, I barely enjoyed playing Ghost Recon: Breakpoint until they introduced that whole "Ghost Experience" feature, where we now had a huge wealth of options to customize the game, its difficulty, its HUD, the game world's parameters, and so on. Only then did I actually find myself enjoying the game and taking in the experience. More options, more customization, the better. That (plus the addition of an actual AI team for us single-player gamers) made the game SO MUCH better for me.

When I play a shooter, I shouldn't be forced to customize my ammo type just to not feel like I'm shooting spitballs at enemies. I want to feel like I'm actually doing damage to enemies. And in an open-world adventure like this, yes, we should have basic options to advance time if we choose. Other Far Cry games had this mechanic. Why can't this one?

• C-Pick

@tengarnos Oh, I absolutely agree about the insane spawn rates of enemies. It's ridiculous. I never feel like I'm actually clearing out any area because every time I turn around, new bad guys just pop into the world. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

• carshop22
    43 posts

@c-pick should at least shatter the bullet proof windshield!

• PlebNC
    11 posts

I wouldn't mind an extra difficulty setting that makes resources more scarce (get less gas, meds, etc from pickups, less ammo/gadgets from ammo pickups), medkit regen is much slower and tweaks the combat difficulty into what I call a "glass cannon mode", where both the player and enemies are equally strong at attacks and very weak defence. This would create a more tactical mode aimed at players seeking more challenge where combat for both players and enemies is more realistically lethal and shooting from cover is mandatory.

Obviously as a separate difficulty setting so players can choose the mode they want for the experience they want.

Suggested Topics