ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 20 Likes/585 Replies/9643 Views
    JHips
    2 posts

@jhips another poster suggested verify game files, and then repair including updating GPU drivers may help.

• BinUnterwegs
    1 posts

Same here, game just wouldn't start anymore. Turns out not enough space on ssdd. Had to migrate to another hd. Took hours. Installed patch, game froze with black screen. Verified files, another download of ~20 GB. Game starts very slow (maybe hd?) and keeps telling me, that I have not enough vram (8 GB!). It says I need more than 11 GB?! Right now I am reinstalling without hd textures. What a hassle!

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

@boo-yah1907 Fully up to date and for good measure uninstalled the GPU drivers with DDU then did a clean install
    made no difference also verified files no problems found and reinstalled the game still no joy there are glitches in this game that just seems like the game was rushed

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

@kyriwan That is assuming there is something wrong with the pc or the download what if your pc finds no corrupt files and still crashes this problem won't go away

• TheGlitchIy
    1 posts

i have the same issue as you just update it and cant even start my game

• Charles.dg2
    36 posts

Everything that could possibly go wrong with this game is what's wrong with the game going by all these comments

• Alexey_AV84
    12 posts

@genwatsonhv there is a way around this - delete the game and install from scratch new. With the download you'all get the latest update. Space limit would be the same about 80GB. Eventhough I fully agree with you, in my case 1.1 GB updated demanded way more.

• GenWatsonHV
    2 posts

So delete your game and download 77.7GB instead of a 1.1GB update? I get that's its a workaround, but damn!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there,

We're sorry to hear that you've been encountering a black screen on launch following the release of the hot fix on 26 October 2021. Thank you for sharing your reports with us within this thread.

If you have not already, please can you verify your game files within the Ubisoft Connect launcher. Many players have reported that verifying the game files has pushed another update, and that the black screen issue was resolved following this update installing fully.

You will need to fully close Far Cry 6 before verifying your game files, otherwise you will be unable to do this.

If you are still experiencing crashes on launch after verifying your game files, we would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can investigate your technical issues further. You can open a support ticket or live chat via the Ubisoft Help Portal, or you can message our team on Twitter or Facebook. When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo and DxDiag.
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.
    • Any error codes or pop-up messages you have experienced following a crash.
    • When these crashes first started to occur (if they were following the latest hot fix)

This information is helpful for further investigation, and for providing additional troubleshooting steps.

If you are encountering a persistent pop-up notifying you that you don't have enough VRAM, please can you share your report in the dedicated Megathread.

@aghswer - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering a Trapper-B2FE5BAD error code. I'd recommend checking out this thread for more information about this error message.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • b101_uk
    22 posts

it is quite common for people to run into space problems with updates when large files are involved, as even a delta patchier requires enough free space to make a copy of the largest file that its applying update files to, before it deletes the original etc.

why not remove the optional texture pack, as that is 37GB or so it will free-up, as the base game is ~40GB on its own.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@genwatsonhv These are the technical realities of the game's size. There's a short-term workaround as explaned.

Problem: 'My storage is too small'

Solution: It's time to increase your storage.

• guizmo92
    1 posts

le jeux ne ce lance plus depuis la dernières mise a jour👎 👎 😠 😠 😠

• Rick_Italy
    7 posts

well, as many other guys after downloaded the update I got black screen on launching the game.
    Verifying and repairing the files solved this but I got one bigger problem, the game is installing again, downloading more than 45GB, as I would uninstalled the game but I didn't.
    Luckily HD Textures seems to be still ok, I hope.
    The thing is getting boring... the hype is getting very low.

• FanM25
    4 posts

Hi there
    I checked all files, found broken and fixed it.
    But it is the same problem. I had no black screen problem, but i have message that i do not have enought VRAM and models in game looks highlighted. Changing graphics quality do nothing.

Support!!!! How to roll back all changes, i do not want your updates. We cannot play anymore!

• Kyriwan
    7 posts

@charles-dg2 So strange man, dont understand why you are getting this issues try using nvidia geforce experience to determine best graphics just in case it has something to do with the settings in game.

• Bane0815
    1 posts

I just downloaded the latest update and i can´t play anymore. The game starts normally but it crashes mid loading.

• kilaba
    1 posts

@bane0815 I have the same problem. I only get a black screen and then nothing happens

• jiyongyoo
    1 posts

@bane0815 I also see a black screen and no reaction

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

Likewise. CTD after black screen, no loading videos.

Rebooted, rebuilt files, no fix there. Submitted my report through Ubisoft support.. If they want me to keep producing guides for the game I'm going to need it to actually work 🙂 Bad enough I still get that low-res texture issue still.

• Brendanh73
    3 posts

@bane0815 Yep, same problem, what the hell is going on ubisoft. You've made it hard enough to like this mediocre effort. And now crash after first update, that just great. This game and support are the worst second only to far cry 2, that was a piece of [censored]!! Fix it now, incompetence is remarkable.

Suggested Topics