ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 20 Likes/585 Replies/9528 Views
    PrinceCharls
    1 posts

Yes, same here.......since the update........any resolution?

Update: Ok, trying the verifying files thing....will post after

2nd update: Found corrupted files - now repairing them....will post after

3rd Update: On launching the game, it's now downloading 17.2GB

Final Update: It worked, although it gave me a low VRAM message

What I did: Log on to Ubisoft Connect, Click on Far Cry 6 (little triangle), select Verify files, and just follow the prompts.

• LeBladeXX
    1 posts

Bei mir passiert seit dem Update auch nichts mehr, nur noch schwarzer Bildschirm.

• Delboyspencer
    10 posts

So I did the verify files and it's asked me to locate the installed game which it did after the update and now I've selected the game location and it's verifying the files again after claiming some files maybe corrupt?

• Warpig456
    1 posts

Yesterday it crashed when game was loaded when you normally see the Game. Today after new update i couldn´t enter Main Menu, Black Screen. I used the verify option and it said a lot of files are corrupt. It downloaded around 830mb new. Yesterday update was around 700 mb big if i remember right. So the update deleted data i guess? But still doesen´t worked. Nivida Drivers are up to date. Tried with minimum Settings and so on. I deactivated now the U Play Ingame Overlay and it´s works. What a ironie i saw today an article where Ubisoft says 3trd Progamms like Discord can conflict your Game performance. So i guess the same is U Play itself?

• A_leksandr_
    1 posts

И что админы говорят ? Я сам не могу зайти в игру
    после обновления черный экран

• Alexey_AV84
    12 posts

@ophtho77 thats strange, I close it only once and that is it. And I`m not disabling overlay.

• Delboyspencer
    10 posts

Right so after the 3rd verify files it's now working with the Uplay overlay on, it seems the 3rd verify almost put the game back to when it's first installed, so happy days finally.

• TraceCollins
    4 posts

Hi,
    I have this problem as well, played fine yesterday but today after update I get a black screen and then nothing. I get the "oh no it crashed" I have verified files and it was fine.
    Really over these issues with Ubisoft games. I also had problems with Valhalla, so much so I sent my computer back to the manufacturer and they tested it, the pc was fine it was the game.
    Just an update I am having the same issues with ANY Ubisoft game, black screen then the "oh no it crashed"

• timespaceon
    8 posts

The same problem here manifested in:

• Instant crash after clicking Play
    • Silent crash after the starting splash screen before entering the Fullscreen game
    • Crash after launching the game and seeing the Black screen

I seriously hope this is the last game developed with Dunia.😠

• timespaceon
    8 posts

Update:

It seems this is not an issue caused by the update of Far Cry 6 but the latest update of Ubisoft Connect.
    I've tried Fay Cry New Dawn and it has the same Black Screen Crash!

Please raise the issue to the Ubisoft Connect Team! (Why changing the Uplay name?)

• Kevanfield
    1 posts

solution: disable overlay.

• timespaceon
    8 posts

@kevanfield
    Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I tried disabling the overlay and it did resolve the issue.
    It's not the notification options. I was mistaken.

• dorukcanakyol
    1 posts

After the update I can't open the game. It becomes like it is starting but after that a black screen comes out and it says the game crushed. So I can't even see the main menu of the game contrary to other users. Thanks Ubisoft!

• Stumpy-2101
    1 posts

@kevanfield That did it for me. Thanks!

• a-q-m
    4 posts

After the new patch, the game does not start when the PC is restarted
    [censored]

• timespaceon
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hi, could you please mark the answer by @Kevanfield as valid Workaround for players encountering this issue and add it to the Known Issues of Fay Cry 6?

Thanks!

• Howling_Siren
    4 posts

Can't launch any Ubisoft Connect games since the update. Played through Far Cry 6 last week, was playing Valhalla for the second time until late last night, and today nor Far Cry 6, Far Cry New Dawn or Valhalla will even launch.

Tried verifying files
    Tried reinstalling Ubisoft Connect
    GFX and Windows up to date
    Ran game as admin
    Ran launcher as admin
    Rebooted UC and PC several times
    Disabled background apps

PC specs are well beyond requirements.

• timespaceon
    8 posts

@howling_siren
    Hi, could you please try @Kevanfield's method of disabling the in-game overlay? (located in Ubisoft Connect Settings/General)

• a-q-m
    4 posts

It's frustrating, just a black screen appears and the game crashes.
    Before the update I had no problems, I tried the solutions they mention (check files, reinstall the game) but the problem is still, sending data to support is a waste of time with my previous experiences with other games from this company. F

• KenjIbozZ_2021
    1 posts

@a-q-m hab das selbe problem und weis nicht was ich machen soll

Suggested Topics