ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    Original poster 835 posts

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/76iviwhtPviBcgLnJWt7Uo

Released today, sorry if someone posted first and i didn't see here in general

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Given how many other games have pushed back their release dates, I'm not particularly surprised they're pushing back the content update until February. At least there will be an apparel event in January.

It's good that a specialization revamp is coming, and I'm looking forward to the details on Thursday. Shame there won't be a SOTG though.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

Yeah, no.

First of all, this is so late, and the new info is quite limited. At least we have a date, I'll give them that.

My translation of the whole thing:
    We said that will be new content and we can't walk that back even though there was no definite plan for it. The market won't take it nicely if we renege on it.
    So we have to say February because we really didn't do any work on it. But, February will give us time to put together another season and some game mode, which is not really new content, just a recycling of the existing one (as all seasons were).
    If you expected REAL new content, like a new map or location(s), most likely you won't get it, so calm down.
    BTW, we haven't done any real maintenance to the existing game, and we know there are issues, but who knows if and when we'll fix them, we have other things to do... Good luck and don't expect anything else until January.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    So we have to say February because we really didn't do any work on it.

🤦 how many software products have you shipped?

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@dagrommit

Give me a break, dude.
    My opinion won't change because of your questions like this. We can have a showdown when the actual product will ship (or whenever) and will see how much "product" is there.
    In the meantime, ask yourself how much new work is in a season, which is a repeat of old stuff with a new bright yellow marker, and a final recycled mission with a new twist, and some audio logs.
    Also, who has been working on this stuff? You mentioned a new team several times... and it's not Bucharest, there were busy with the stupid GR Fortnite.

• xcel30

Well i'm stupidly happy that Specializations are getting Revamp ([censored] finally), now i just need to find a way for them to buff OD gear set.... Oh back to the news, it 100% doesn't surprise it got delayed as everything ubisoft has been delayed but at the same time they better actually deliver polished content because it definetly feels like game maintnance and bugfixing has been non-existent this entire time since last title update so unless we also start getting fixes with these content updates to explain stuff.

At least it appears they have settled on what the game update should be so it's just straight up working on making it as it looked like the team had no idea what to do even for this entire time

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    We can have a showdown when the actual product will ship (or whenever)

I guess you missed that the first details are on Thursday, to be followed by monthly updates.

Also, who has been working on this stuff? You mentioned a new team several times... and it's not Bucharest, there were busy with the stupid GR Fortnite.

You do know Bucharest has over 700 employees right? That's about the same size as Massive, who we know are working on two major games.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@dagrommit

Yep, I know. I have friends there.
    No one is working on the division. Not yet anyway.
    They might at some point, but there is no plan laid out from Massive.

Okay, let's see the details and the updates...
    And you probably missed that they won't unveil the new stuff until January.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Yep, I know. I have friends there.

Huh, how convenient. 🤦 Here's a thought - the people you "know" there aren't going to be aware of what all 700 other employees are working on.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@adrian-11

LOL!
    Remember when I said that Ubi could take a dump on your plate and you'll still find a way justified as normal? That one.
    You might be okay with whatever they do, not do or say. I am not. That's the end of it.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    And you probably missed that they won't unveil the new stuff until January.

You should go read my first comment in the thread

Remember when I said that Ubi could take a dump on your plate and you'll still find a way justified as normal?

I'll note that I provided citations for my assertions. You have not.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Looking forward to a Specialization revamp.

Curious what the game mode is.. Dynamic Turf War? Tower Defense? What other modes haven't been featured in The Division yet?

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Looking forward to a Specialization revamp.

Yeah, I didn't expect them to do anything with specializations, so the fact that they are is a positive sign. Whether I'll like the changes remains to be seen of course.

Curious what the game mode is.. Dynamic Turf War? Tower Defense? What other modes haven't been featured in The Division yet?

Assuming Heartland is still coming out, I assume it won't be Battle Royale 😛

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@dagrommit

Somehow you manage to get the out the worst in me.
    It is an achievement. 😁

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@dagrommit Could be a PvE BR against a bunch of Named Elites, Rogue Agents, and Hunter's.. in Kenley College.. 😨

• xcel30

@latenitedelight Thats a bit survival-ish no? I just think it's going to be something weird like destiny gambit where they will try to sell it as new activity for both PVP and PVE but with more organization

EDIT:Oh and another note i forgot to make in the original post, the fact we are going to have a PTS doesn't actually improve my mood at all, as many many many many times suggestions regarding stuff in there are 99% ignore due content simply needs to be rushed and delivered on time so it only servers to filter the harshest of bugs such as crashes, memory leaks or data corruption. don't have fond memories of PTS for actual suggestions and i don't feel like being unpaid QA considering current state of the game at all

• TK105
    64 posts

UBI & Massive .... 2022 ????? lol It must have been a promise within 2021!
    Did you change your schedule as if nothing had happened? The first thing to do is to apologize!

Sauce : https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2320022-A-message-from-The-Division-2-Team

• we are now in the early stages of development for fresh content to release later in 2021.

Keeping silent all the time, what is February 2022 now? Don't make a fool of your users.
    It's been silent for almost a year, and if it's garbage-like content, everyone will be furious.
    What would you do if the content was silent for a long time, without asking the user about future content, and the user didn't want it? Is it really okay?We can expect more fatal anomalies and bugs to be implemented, but will there be fewer bugs in the upcoming PTS? No, it's full of bugs. lol
    Even now, countless bugs have been reported within this forum. Crashes and graphic anomalies continue to be neglected.

I'm looking forward to PTS. What kind of content is it (what kind of bug is implemented)

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    EDIT:Oh and another note i forgot to make in the original post, the fact we are going to have a PTS doesn't actually improve my mood at all, as many many many many times suggestions regarding stuff in there are 99% ignore due content simply needs to be rushed and delivered on time so it only servers to filter the harshest of bugs such as crashes, memory leaks or data corruption.

Meh, it's the reality of live service game development - i.e. the small gap between PTS and go-live doesn't allow much time to make changes and retest. The alternative of waiting longer for the update would be worse IMO.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    Did you change your schedule as if nothing had happened?

They posted this in March:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/3TEZgBvercmUmsJvTv3KBG/the-division-2-the-road-ahead

As a result, our next major update is currently scheduled for release late 2021 at the earliest.

The reality of software development is that dates change all the time:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/gotham-knights-delayed-to-2022-warner-bros-announce: (https://rockpapershotgun.com/gotham-knights-delayed-to-2022-warner-bros-announce)
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/15/22676330/battlefield-2042-release-date-delay: (https://theverge.com/2021/9/15/22676330/battlefield-2042-release-date-delay)

• N3mB0t
    987 posts

ahhh faq....

im not suprised , at all , just disapointed as expected .

and i was left with the feeling you will see me write the exact same thing after the "OHHHHHH SO BIG AND AMBICIOUS" update.

Suggested Topics