Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    Original poster 673 posts

For those with nvidia GPU's, a new driver (496.49) is out that claims to have fixed issues with Division 2:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/183364/en-us

From the release notes:

[Tom Clancy’s The Division 2]: Flickering and visual corruption may appear after extended gameplay. [3369607]

I haven't tried them as my setup works fine, but others might find them useful.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hralex1951
    58 posts

Installed the new drivers and played for a hour, no graphical artifacting at all, looks fixed.

• An0n0p
    2 posts

i'm using the latest driver and my game keeps crashing, NOT FIXED!!!!!!!!!

• dagrommit

@an0n0p it's not claiming to fix the crashes, just the artifacting (i.e. "visual corruption") that forced people to stick with an older driver.

• SuspiciousPixel
    78 posts

@an0n0p That's because the crashing is a separate issue and is down to Massive to fix not Nvidia. I liaised with Nvidia to get the fix for the graphical artefacts. The crashes are not caused by them. If you suffer from crashes and want to expedite a fix then it's best posting it in #player support as that is the best way to letting the developers know.

• XMdead
    92 posts

@suspiciouspixel I am pretty certain that the devs know.

But I fear that fixing it probably means separate codebases for PC and consoles (very expensive) or breaking the game on older consoles. It is a very difficult choice for a developer to make, so they probably chose to allow the crashing to continue as the lesser evil.

• dagrommit

Been playing the GE this week with the new driver, and can confirm there's no artifacting on a RTX 2070 under Windows 10. Still getting the occasional crash, but that wasn't expected to change.

Suggested Topics