ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DV20Katana
    Original poster 155 posts

One issue I find in these new forums is lack of Multi-quote.

New forum. The 3-dot option only has Quote

The old forum layout shows the Multi option:

Hope you'll add this, thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey there @DV20Katana - thank you for sharing this feedback with regard to multi-quoting, and wishing for it to be an option on Discussions. I've opened a discussion (no pun intended) with the forum developers now to request that this functionality be considered to be added here on these forums, as it was incredibly useful to us as staff as well on the older forums.

As quoting here doesn't reference the original post directly (I've passed forward feedback for this to be implemented also), a workaround you could potentially use in the meantime is to manually copy and paste the text you wish to quote into your own post, highlight it, and then click on the "quote" option (the speech mark, between text background colour and spoiler tagging, in the formatting bar when making a post). This will format the text as a quote, and you can reply after it.

I'll include a brief example of how quoted text and replying to it looks below:

Example of how quoted text looks.

Example of how a reply to the quoted text looks.

I hope that this helps! Thanks. 🙂

Official Response
  • DV20Katana
    Original poster 155 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Oh great, thank you 😊 Hope the multi feature will be added by the software team.

Yes its very useful because as you browse you see several comments you want to reply to and it was so easy just marking them for multi and then addressing each one in your reply.

Doing that on these new ones is more difficult. However, thanks for the instructions on how to do the workaround, I didn't think of that, will remember to use that method.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts
    @ubi-woofer
    Oh great, thank you 😊 Hope the multi feature will be added by the software team.

I'll let you know if the team decide to introduce it in the future!

Yes its very useful because as you browse you see several comments you want to reply to and it was so easy just marking them for multi and then addressing each one in your reply.

I understand that completely. 🙂 Also means that it's clear exactly what you're replying to, if replying to several people at once!

Doing that on these new ones is more difficult. However, thanks for the instructions on how to do the workaround, I didn't think of that, will remember to use that method.

No problem at all! It achieves the same, but just with a little more manual effort.

Official Response

Suggested Topics