ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guydodge
    49 posts

@crushedwindows i had same problem not in inventory but still there just push and hold shift

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hello, @seven4ate! Thanks for reaching out about this issue. Our teams are aware of this and are investigating at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, however I appreciate your patience in the meantime! Please make sure your game is fully updated and all patches are installed. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Malcontentus
    1 posts

Restarted my game because I didn't receive the wingsuit. Started with the Legends on my 2nd playthrough and got to Karlito and realized I didn't have the repair tool. Getting damn tired of restarting this game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about missing the wingsuit and/or the repair tool from the inventory, despite meeting the requirements for these in-game. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates in an easy-to-find location.

I'm sorry to hear that a number of you are missing either your wingsuit or repair tool. We are aware of a number of issues that has prevented the wingsuit from being collected in-game.

If you launched Far Cry 6 prior to downloading any updates, we are aware of an issue wherein players were not awarded the wingsuit upon building the Hideout Network. The development team are looking into this issue further, and will be deploying a fix in a future update. Once we have more details to share, these will be posted within the News & Announcements forum. In the meantime, please ensure that your game is fully up-to-date.

If you play co-op and you haven't been awarded the wingsuit, please note that only the host will be awarded the wingsuit if you build the Hideout Network in your game. You will need to build the Hideout Network in your own game to unlock the wingsuit.

If you are missing both the wingsuit and/or repair tool despite meeting the requirements, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which platform do you use (PC/PlayStation/Xbox)?
    • Are you missing the wingsuit, repair tool, or both?
    • Did you ever receive the wingsuit / repair tool in-game? Or did it disappear after receiving the item?
    • If the item disappeared, can you let us know what you were doing prior to the items disappearing?
    • Can you please send us a video which shows your in-game inventory, and that you are unable to use either the wingsuit or repair tool as intended?
    • Can you please upload a copy of your save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.

I'd recommend uploading your video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look.

Once we've been able to collect these reports, we can pass them along to the development team for further investigation.

Please note that we would advise against running any third-party software whilst playing Far Cry 6, as this can conflict with the game files and can cause issues when running the game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

hey there @flqjvnf90, sorry to hear that you're missing the repair tool, can you please elaborate on this further for me and provide a video showing this? Please ensure the video shows you first in free roam, then open your character, and navigate over to the inventory page showing that the tool is missing. You could directly upload the clip to a linked Twitter or YouTube account. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. 

• RocketTree
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis This has happened to me along with my rank being reset.
    Xbox series x
    Missing repair tool and grappling hook
    Yes I have received all the tools and they have dissapeared. Also rank was reset, was at 14 but now at rank 2 (did go back to 1, only noticed when rank up occured)
    Save game has been uploaded.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @RocketTree! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I apologise for my delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that your tools have disappeared from you inventory following a rank reset. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and for letting us know that you've uploading your save to the cloud.

Would you be able to provide us with the following information as well? We can then include this in your report to the development team:

• Did you receive any errors prior to your items went missing?
    • Did anything strange happen before the items disappeared?
    • Did this occur during / following a co-op session?
    • Can you receive the tools again on a new save?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RocketTree
    3 posts

Hi @ubi-borealis

There were no specific errors I can recall that lead to this. I have been doing the entire playthrough in co-op mode.
    We have had quite a few errors during co-op, either a named error (I didn't write the names down sorry) or the game worlds not staying synced (player driving away with both in car, other person sees car sitting still)
    So there has been quite a bit (every 2-3 play sessions) of hard quitting to the xbox menu and restarting the game to get things working.

I will try a new save tonight and see if I can get the tools on the new save slot.

• RocketTree
    3 posts

New save slot was able to get up the beach and acquire the grapling hook. First save is still missing grappling hook, repair torch, wingsuit

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing me with some more information, @RocketTree!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering a few errors whilst playing co-op as well. If these are causing you issues, I would recommend opening a new thread or checking if your error code already has a dedicated Megathread you can share your report in. We can then investigate these separately to your missing gear.

In the meantime, I've shared your report with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. Any future updates will be shared via patch notes via the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend checking here regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ksl28
    6 posts

Just bought the game on Black Friday, and had to Google why i didnt have an repair torch - and i found this post.
    How is this still an issue Ubisoft?!

Add an NPC in the game where we can buy the repair tool, untill you have an fix for this - i cant progress anymore in the game, since i need this tool to proceed.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@ksl28 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. We will pass your feedback about adding an NPC to the game team.

We are still investigating this issue and would like to ask:

a) Did you ever receive the repair tool alongside the 'call a ride' feature in the weapon wheel? Or did it disappear after?

b) If it disappeared after, what was the cause? What were you doing at the time?

c) Did you ever use Cheat Engine/Trainer in-game?

Thank you and we look forward to your reply.

• Juniorek81
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

Ok.... super cool... a new patch.... but i still don`t have the repair tool in my inventory and i can`t progress in the story line....
    And a perspective of starting a new game makes me sick....

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Juniorek81! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I've moved your post into our Megathread about the wingsuit and/or repair tool missing from the inventory, so we can collect some additional information from you. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access your repair tool. Would you be able to let us know the following information, as this will help us to investigate the issue further:

• Did you ever receive the repair tool alongside the 'call a ride' feature in the weapon wheel? Or did it disappear after?
    • If it disappeared after, can you remember what was the cause? What were you doing at the time it disappeared?
    • Did you ever use Cheat Engine in-game?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Primecreator
    2 posts

what is going on recently with ubisoft new games and titles specially pc games versions and titles ,Its maybe me but Im stuck without the repair tool and now my save is 50 perecent done ,,how possibly I reach this part of the game/story dont ask?
    my question and cry for help from ubisoft support teams is could you guys please find a way to implement a patch or an option to give this important tool to other players like me after the first part or island of the game ,it should be a tutorial part not a necessary part of the game,I suggest this tool should be an optional device,tool.
    I heard many user/players are now trapped in same situation and as a result most of them abondon playing farcry6 game.

• Thoughtdread
    1 posts

@ubisushivamp I have the same problem. Repair tool gone and can’t grapple. What is the solution?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Hey there @thoughtdread , thanks very much for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear you've lost access to the repair tool and grappling hook - I'd really like to get that looked into.

Our teams have asked us to ask a few questions about this, to help with our investigation.

• Did you receive any errors prior to your items went missing?
    • Did anything strange happen before the items disappeared?
    • Did this occur during / following a co-op session?
    • Can you receive the tools again on a new save?
    • Have you used Cheat Engine or similar programs to change the game?

Please let me know if I can clarify any of these questions at all!

Official Response
  • spazpunt
    1 posts

same issue, i have fishing rod and wingsuit but not the torch, i'm stuck at radio tower mission.
    this is what happens:

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5344 posts

Hi @spazpunt I'm sorry to hear that you do not have the repair tool in your inventory.

Could you please answer the following:

• Did you ever receive the repair tool alongside the 'call a ride' feature in the weapon wheel? Or did it disappear after?
    • If it disappeared after, can you remember what was the cause? What were you doing at the time it disappeared?
    • Did you complete the mission 'Fuel the Revolution' in single player or Co-Op?
    • Did you ever use a Cheat Engine in-game?
    Official Response
  • Crab23
    3 posts

Same here, just realised I never recieved the repair tool!

On PC completed the mission in single player and haven't used a cheat engine to help.
    Don't remember ever seeing it in the item wheel so can't comment on that, downloaded the game recently and have the latest patch installed.

Suggested Topics