ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheM3ssi4h
    Original poster 1 posts

In over 2 decades of PC gaming I have never encountered this level of incompetence as I have with Ubisoft. Not only does this game inexplicitly stop working (can't even launch the game after playing for 2 days) but after scouring the internet and these forums it seems like crashing is a super common problem for Ubisoft and none of their boilerplate troubleshooting scripts solve the issue. What really puts the icing on the cake is when they ask you do give them diagnostic files and submit a case report I get another error https://imgur.com/a/gKjrmJX

It seems even their customer support is horrible and defective. Of course since I played the game for a little bit I can't get a refund. So now I have a broken product.

This game is a lemon.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    1026 posts

@them3ssi4h You didn't download the latest **optional** Windows Update by chance? It seems to break the game

I just finished a 100% game completion meaning I cleared all locations in Greece, Elysium, the Underworld and Atlantis .... Total time 176 hours and only one crash at around 150 hours ... This game has been stable for over a year now (I have 100's of hours of recorded gameplay on YouTube to prove it) and if you are having problems it is either graphics drivers (although the latest should be OK) or a Windows Update if it ran fine and suddenly broke ..... In your case since it has never worked it could be a number of things

First thing to try if you are having a startup problem is verify the game files in the Connect App ,,,,, All it takes is one bad packet from the internet when you downloaded it to break a file. Another thing you can try is go into your graphics card's settings (Nvidia Control Panel or Radeon app) and put a 120 FPS limit on the game. That will help keep the game from spiking the FPS on startup or when you go to a menu in-game

• jk000079
    5 posts

@them3ssi4h as @longjohn119 pointed out, it is one of the recent Windows 10 updates, that broke the Ubisoft games at startup - specifically KB5006365 - more details in my thread: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/115443/game-does-not-start-crashes-on-startup-from-today-on-27-10-2021-20-00-cet-was-running-fine-for-days-before/4?lang=en-US

• longjohn119
    1026 posts

@jk000079 Sadly it will probably break the game again on November 9 Patch Tuesday ..... Personally I put updates on Pause and don't download them until the end of the month which gives them time to patch the patch .... I always image my C drive before I do an update. For instance I just downloaded the October Update on Tuesday but ignored the optional patch AS ALWAYS .... Then I put Windows Updates on Pause until the end of November ..... However I wouldn't necessarily recommend that unless you have a firm grasp on security issues and stay away from dodgy websites and cracked software that can drop a Trojan/Virus on your computer. I don't run out a grab a new graphics driver every month unless there is a good reason such as a security update (rare) I bought a newly released game that needs the latest drivers or a bug fix for a specific game I'm having an issue with. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it

However I'll probably download the latest Nvidia driver because I'm downloading Age of Empires 4 from Game Pass, I'll also need them for Elder Scrolls Online's upcoming update that adds DLSS to the game and I'm also thinking about getting Guardians of the Galaxy which is a sleeper that looks a lot better than I imagined it would be but I'll probably wait until after it's patched for bugs a couple of times .... Thus I have a good reason to grab the latest drivers otherwise I'd skip them because the ones I'm using now are perfectly fine with the only game I have issues with being Valhalla which drivers aren't going to fix and I'm not playing it anymore

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1457 posts

Hey @TheM3ssi4h, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about your recent experience as well as difficulties you've had attaching files - I fully appreciate that having to deal with one problem after another can be rather frustrating.

I have gone and created a case under your account, so if you click the following link, you will be able to access it and when ready, try uploading the system files again, to see if problem persists.

To add, I am interested to know whether you have managed to update your Windows yet, as just as mentioned by @longjohn119 and @jk000079, as this will give a good indication on what may be causing this.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • Tseito
    1 posts

@ubi-karl
    when I try to start Odyssey and reach (checking for additional content) my pc freezes and I had to forcefully restart it , it the worst crash I have ever scene , I bought it from steam and assassin creed III remaster came with it and when I start that it work fine , I tried to find a way to open a case as well but I kept getting in weird repeated links and I dont know what to do , I couldnt even run the game once or even try it , I tried refund via steam when I gave up but they refused , I have DXdiag and MSinfo ready as well 🙂

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @tseito

Sorry to hear you are also having a freeze during the check for additional content. Can you let us know if you have the Windows update mentioned above by @longjohn119 and @jk000079 too please?

Also, if you or @TheM3ssi4h is still having an issue reaching out via the support website, you can contact us on Facebook or Twitter instead if you prefer.

Official Response

Suggested Topics