ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ClutchlordZukes
    Original poster 5 posts

While playing mass races, the collision is extremely unreliable. Im watching players clip through other players while im being thrown completely off the path or on multiple occasions now... bailing completely because ive run into someone who fell in front of me. A light bump from other players is fine and fun as it keeps the races competitive but brushing against someone and getting thrown 5-10ft off course ruins the fun of the mass race. I feel collisions shouldnt be a thing once a player has fallen and has to recover.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• B00LER324
    2 posts

@clutchlordzukes Everyone agrees this is a terrible feature, so I don't know how it's still in game.

It adds literally nothing good to gameplay, so I don't know how this got passed QA. This single mechanic makes the mass races feel buggier then Cyberpunk was on launch.

• Adncriminel44
    1 posts

yes mass race with collision = no fun (with bike is very [censored] you take all collision for nothing)
    on free trial i like the 32 player race but with 64 player + collision its totally random no skill neccessary i d'ont like mass race now ...

• HERRPICKLE
    2 posts

@clutchlordzukes It makes the entire gamemode trivial. One time I got clapped 3 times in a row by OTHER RIDERS running in to me. Like not bashed off the track, just straight thrown off the bike.

• tisko1992
    32 posts

@clutchlordzukes yeah and if they dont remove it then they should decrease the impact

• OrionOryan
    13 posts

@clutchlordzukes I like running into other people, but the issue I have is stopping completely when it happens. Should be more predictable.

two into one don't go, just avoid people if you don't want to be run into.

• Oberbonze
    2 posts

No. The collisions need to stay! Removing the collision would make the mass races a pure timetrial against ghosts.
    Part of the fun is the chaos and mayhem at the start.
    Please devs, don't listen to those people. You know why you put collision in the Mass Races.

• ZeonV2
    26 posts
    No. The collisions need to stay! Removing the collision would make the mass races a pure timetrial against ghosts.
    Please devs, don't listen to those people. You know why you put collision in the Mass Races.

Exactly this, we want mass race, not mass time trial. I think the people that are complaining need to get better and get to the head of the pack, instead of languishing in mediocrity.

• GuineaTigg
    14 posts

@zeonv2

You sound like one of them people who take this game to seriously,

The collisions being unrealiable is an issue.... not an issue in gameplay fairness... in issue in general, Mass Race or no Mass Race, the bike collisions are a [censored] mess and have no kind of predictability behind them, Just because you like the free podiums from the mess behind you, doesnt make you a good player, just an opertunist,

Then again, im not sure if you realise this but... if everyone else hates the collisions in mass races, how long before mass races become a gimmick your forced to do for a few achievements and then its a dead mode?

Hounestly if i was to nit-pick, theres so many issues with this game that had to be patched on steep after release only to reappear in this game

• UbIBite22
    2 posts

@clutchlordzukes
    First having the same color jackets / shirts really sucks telling where you at. Next remove all bumping in to people ghosts would be great, don’t let some jackass ruin my race.

• Nekhebu
    52 posts

People have been complaining about it since the first closed beta yet they've not changed a thing. Don't expect them to either.

• GuineaTigg
    14 posts

@nekhebu

TBF

They did actually add grinding to Steep after months of players complaining of the lack of it,

At first they implemented them as a gimmick with no scoring then it evolved from there to an actual trick feature finally over time, i just hope the same kind of listening to the community happens here, all i really wanted was a sequel to the game iv spend 100s of hours playing

Sadly my biggest hate with the game so far outside of mass race collision is the fact that clothing is so heavily limited, i dont care about the gimmick costume's those are fine, but.... come on where are the hoodies where are the hats where is... everything.....

and why tf did you have to implement stats onto all the gear, while also removing the replay editor, No one asked for a Crew 2 on leg day

• ZeonV2
    26 posts

@guineatigg whatever ever helps you sleep at night. Just because people are sick of pandering to the trash players, you get all defensive. So either play the game or not, no one cares. Bye.

• GuineaTigg
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • alikePC
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • alikePC
    6 posts
    Exactly this, we want mass race, not mass time trial. I think the people that are complaining need to get better and get to the head of the pack, instead of languishing in mediocrity.

This!

• GuineaTigg
    14 posts

@alikepc

What a useful response,

Did you hounestly just make an account to say "This" and to degrade another post for its poor formatting?

Its almost as if you also dont understand how bad the collision calculations are in this game, they need tweaking a [censored] ton, cant have it so the person with the highest pings a bulldozer compared to every other player, Then again id imagine you probably havnt played a good game with player collisions, something oldschool like Road Rash or more recently games like SSX...or.... any GTA with multiplayer and a solid connection between the players connected where if you hit someone you actually have an animation there to show its happening and not just some weird invisible shield.... and im not saying they should add chains and bats and other weapons into the game, (As hilarious as that would be, they can barely get the basics right)

• alikePC
    6 posts

@guineatigg

It might look like it yes, but i agree with the post i quoted, so why should I make a whole new one to say the same thing?

• GuineaTigg
    14 posts

@alikepc

Well sadly the post you quoted is wrong as it doesnt understand its not the collisions its the un-uniform way they work thats the issue, he's just upset because people are noticing theres like 5-6 people with 950+ bikes who just win every race because of stats while the rest of the pack has to suffer with dice roll collisions

Personally id like the collisions to just be more fleshed out and more natural feeling.... Hell.... i wouldnt even mind if heavy player on player collisions caused bails... have you ever seen what happens when 2 bikes come into contact at high speed in a race? it sure aint pretty... but it deffo aint a slingshot either ^^

Agreeing with that person specifically is siding with the fact the mass races are perfect as they are, which ... tbf in a sense is true... the collisions arnt mass race specific, but they do need tweaking

• alikePC
    6 posts

@guineatigg

Sure I agree with you. Improving it I`m all for !!!, but removing it all together makes it a time trial against ghosts. Agree?

Suggested Topics