ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Patch/Update failing allocating disk space ...why doe it need than 14gb ? Can't play online as can't install patch

3 Likes/7 Replies/586 Views
    jabbaw1
    Original poster 1 posts

I've installed FC6 to a seperate, small SSD (60GB) and have played 47hr / 68% ...but yesterday the game hung and on restart I have to install the new patch/update... but it won't install as it fails allocating dikspace.
    When I start the update/download from UConnect..the game status has the line "Locate installed game" added underneath and the allocating diskspace process fails when the the uplay_download\5266 folder reaches about 14GB
    if I delete UPlay_download and locate the installed game, I can play offline no problem...all the game files verify fine.
    But... it wants me to update and if I start the update...off we go again with the "locate installed game" and fails allocating diskspace....

I'm assuming that the update/patch has a problem with my install location and wants to download the whole game again.... but how do I sort this out and get my game up to date without a complete re-install ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• EUROFIGHTER806
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • aetherosonic
    3 posts

@jabbaw1 Same here, FC6 on separate SSD, new update, cant update, stuck on locate/update/allocate loop.

Do you use a VPN?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hello there @aetherosonic @jabbaw1

Thank you for posting to discussions.

Regrettably, Ubisoft titles are not guaranteed to work as intended when installed on external devices. When installed on external drives, you may find that Ubisoft Connect is unable to locate the game, and may cause other issues too. We're only able to offer support for internal drives due to this, so we'd recommend installing Far Cry 6 on an internal drive!

Please let is know if you have any further questions.

Official Response
  • u102795
    3 posts

I have the same problem with a far cry 6 update. The allocation of diskspace (local disk C) fails. There is plenty of disk space available (more than 800GB). The game functioned flawlessly so far till I got the info to install the update. Now I cannot even run the program anymore

• z1a2q3x4
    2 posts

@aetherosonic У меня свободного пространства для обновления 114 Гб, игра вчера обновилась, но играть тоже не могу- при загрузки после нажатия Продолжить игру она закрывается.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@u102795 - thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the difficulty you ran into with installing the game. This does not appear to be right, therefore did you try verifying game files or attempting to install it to another local drive (if you have one)?

@z1a2q3x4 - thanks for reaching out!

I am afraid that our team can currently only provide support in English language in these forums, therefore if you are able to translate your query, we will be more than happy to help.

Alternatively, if you prefer to contact us in your native language, you can reach out to us via our support website and submit a ticket, where a member of our team will get back to you accordingly! 

Official Response

Suggested Topics