Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    Original poster 780 posts

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/2AEi1DGvFH061RUUtvZD1Q

I like that skill variants are no longer tied to specialization, but am skeptical that investing in grenades will ever be worthwhile given how easily some NPC's dodge them. Faster (instant?) armor kit usage might be worthwhile though.

I am amused that spec weapons are going do additional damage to named enemies again, as well as making a return to PvP.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

Intrigued, but wish we got more details.

I do like the separation of skill/sidearm from the Spec - just curious what the trees and progression will look like. Looking forward to using all my points in not Armor/Grenades, since I rarely ever use either..

I look forward to using the Tac-50 in the DZ 👹

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

Perhaps we don't have much details yet, but I don't understand what the big hoopla is...
    I get that the Spec skills, mods, side-arms etc. you will able to cross-use. Also I get that the Spec weapons are coming back to PVP (a change back of the change that most of the players don't care about).
    ... and that there will be a "linear" and a "tree" sections in the spec (which I think kind of is there already).
    Okay... some changes.

Does it mean we start from 0 again with the Specs and the unlocks? If yes, then I will move from unimpressed to annoyed.
    I mean, if this will force us to re-do the Specs, that's not I am looking for. Add a new season and a game mode, and that's just MORE GRIND. This definitely is NOT more content.
    I will wait, bot so far looks like a bunch of changes to induce more grind.

• dagrommit
    Does it mean we start from 0 again with the Specs and the unlocks?

Unlikely. You kept the points you already had when they last redid the specializations.

This definitely is NOT more content.

Chill - they never claimed it was. This is the first of a series of monthly updates leading up to release, so we can expect other topics in future.

• HonestlyOK1986
    94 posts

@dagrommit there is genuinely nothing better than smashing a 4 group on a high level manhunt rank with the grenade launcher and just feeling those tears through the screen. It will put many off pvp who cried about it last time, i hear tissue comapnies around the globe are increasing production to fill the demand in feb.

Im looking forward to it. Same boring metas an play for well over a year now so im looking forward to change, just a shame its months off. Least theres cod, battlefield, halo and a whole string of others out between now and then. Having cross save and cross play would be nice, probably how destiny did it though with consoles facing each other without the pc instant aimers as that would definitely kill off any desire to enter the dz for console players.

• dagrommit
    there is genuinely nothing better than smashing a 4 group on a high level manhunt rank with the grenade launcher and just feeling those tears through the screen

I remember being taken out by a grenade launcher when going up against rogues, so that works both ways 🤕

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@dagrommit

I am chill, there are so many good games out there and not enough time...

They do say "new content" quite a few times in that other day news, maybe they think changes = new content.
    Probably the remaining monthly updates will be about season and game mode, that takes us to the big unveil in Jan.

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

Specialization Pistols that I never use
    Specialization weapons that I hardly ever use
    Specialization Armour kits that rarely change style of play
    Specialization Grenades that are worthless thanks to the NPCS that roll out of them anyway. How about giving us their homing grenades instead?
    Skills mods that don't have a have a huge impact
    Specialization weapons in PVP? Yeah I'm sure the cheaters will love this additional change.

Am I missing something here? How are the changes meant to improve our gameplay and enhance our experience?

• dagrommit
    Am I missing something here? How are the changes meant to improve our gameplay and enhance our experience?

Some PvP folks will welcome faster/instant armor kit usage, but the devil will be in the details. I might use a spec weapon more frequently if I can level up (reduce) the deploy time, get a perk that allows you to carry more spec ammo, or noticeably increase the amount of damage it does compared to now.

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

@dagrommit I know it all just seems PVP focussed. The ability to choose armour kits independent of of specialization. Introducing specialization weapons.

How will passive talents and specialization attachments work, this has some room to be good.

• Can I use Gunnars Incessant (Killing enemies grants 10% armour) and Sharpshooters One in the Head (15% increased headshot damage using MMR/Rifles)?
    • Can I use Technicans laser pointer and Sharpshooters digital scope together?

etc etc

• N3mB0t
    359 posts

damn... disapointed again, two times in the same week after 9 months of silence , UBISOFT you are outdoing yourself !!!

i was expecting to read an interesting and exciting insight on what they been doing , even if it was just on one topic , and i got none of that , i genuinely was staring at the screen after reading the "news" and thinking , that ´s it?

a thing that is going to be done once a month after 9 months of silence and a 3 more month postpone and this is the effort put into it?

ok...

• xcel30
    404 posts

Well a bit late due work. Seeing how the theme of division on builds has been freedom of choice seems natural that you can now mix and match more aspects of specializations once fully unlocked (or whatever that implies) does seem to fit it way more than the current system.

Now what has me really curious are the new unique bonus we might get and specially odd considering they focus on granade and armor kits that most people forget outside of "rock that never hits but enemy runs from his cover" and "thing that forces you to stand still to heal" that were never really popular, so probably going to bet on stuff that changes behaviour so some granades might become impact granades, or flashbangs being now 9-bangs, fire granades that deal more damage the longer enemy stays in fire, the hearbeat EMP pulse granades that deal damage and so on.

Armor kits i imagine a lot will just get a "medkit" treatment for the PVP folk that loves running and gunning possibly evne stop being an armor kit and work as a team wide buff in some cases (you throw a bag of armor that people auto pickup really fast if they run through it. I already made too many topics on spec weapons to make further comments.

But yeah i'm interested as one of the people that have been here a long time complaining long time about this, but they haven't explained well how limited these are in choices, if i choose a granade buff does that mean i can no longer pick an armor kit bonus? If i want to make my signature weapon really strong i have to ignore the other buffs in that tree?

Specialization Pistols that I never use
    Specialization weapons that I hardly ever use
    Specialization Armour kits that rarely change style of play
    Specialization Grenades that are worthless thanks to the NPCS that roll out of them anyway. How about giving us their homing grenades instead?
    Skills mods that don't have a have a huge impact
    Specialization weapons in PVP? Yeah I'm sure the cheaters will love this additional change.

Actually you are missing a lot, because pistols were locked to certain specializations they were tools with limited use now you could have a pistol with perfect sadist in any build, technician players might be able to set robots on fire if they use the firewall shotgun in a status effect builds and so on. It's exactly because it's underwhelming they are being less limited, now they are tools that you can always use if you want of if necesary for your build

Because granades are useless they might get new tricks to compensate, might one of them might turn into a mine so if you know the enemy spawn you might be able to get them, some of them might be sticky and glue to the enemy on hit so if you aim at them instead of the floor their AI won't roll out, heck one of them could a smart homing granade like you said and there was one in call of duty few years ago be a homing granade that acts like mini missile when in the air, the gunne granade might also force the enemy into a reloading animation if caught making them have to play an extra animation before firing back. I think adding more to underused stuff if the right thing to do

Same with armor kits, some might become like Div1 medkits, some might let you heal people in the distance so you could be using instead of a healing skill giving you more space to have two offensive skills, it's possible some might get crazy bonus like buffing melee damage by 5000% and giving you an overdose so your health decrease for a while.

I won't deny that skill mods definetly got shafted so this hardly seems to fix anything for them. The weapon mods are also a really mixed bag since we do have a better crit lazer in one and a completely useless AR magazine with range in another.

But lastly, if specializations weapon get a huge buff why wouldn't you use them? more and more people are testing then out due the lack of new content and finding out some of them are not that bad, while others definetly need a boost like the lock on rocket launcher.

I just gotta ask what could you possibly want from a specialization revamp that would make you happy, because it just sounds to you like nothing actually would. Small note the bonus still appear to be locked to specializations, just few items that are now free for everyone like the weapon mods

• dagrommit
    Can I use Technicans laser pointer and Sharpshooters digital scope together?

I assume so given you're not tied to a particular specialization any more.

a thing that is going to be done once a month after 9 months of silence and a 3 more month postpone and this is the effort put into it?

I do wish they had provided a screenshot of the trees so people could get a better sense of the perks available. Just overlay a gigantic "work in progress" warning.

• N3mB0t
    359 posts

@suspiciouspixel

i sounded to me like this , imagine every specialization as a bucket and its perks as the junk in the bucket and throw all the small buckets away except for one , give that to the player.

now get a biiig bucket and throw everything from the small buckets into the big one, now give the players a limited amount of times they can go into that bucket and fetch whatever they want for their custom bucket, done.

• WrecK3rr
    78 posts

Only thing I personally find interesting from the whole article is,
    "Armor Kits, may be triggered instantly in addition to their standard behavior".

Rest is more of a QOL changes.

• xcel30
    404 posts

@wreck3rr
    "For grenades and armor kits, we want to provide alternate uses for these consumables which may be triggered instantly in addition to their standard behavior" Careful there, it says their new effects are instantly part of them now, not that they will all be instantaneous in use

@N3mB0t It sounded more like that you can buy a bucket with a pile of pieces to build a robot, but now instead of a bunch of spare parts that you could use being only inside the bucket you can select a few to add to your kit of every kit having the same screw but with a different head

• Metal_Greg
    89 posts

seems like pretty good changes to me. why must this community complain about every little thing?

• HonestlyOK1986
    94 posts

@dagrommit haha! Yeah it does, it's all just for lols though. Hopefully the gattlin gun is decent!

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

@n3mb0t My thinking also but still after 2 years this is the best they could muster up and not even provide an infographic, video or anything to support their wall of text. Kinda disappointing really but I guess it's better than nothing.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@metal_greg

In case you didn't get it, we are complaining exactly because it is just a very little thing.
    We expect and whish for bigger things, you know, like actual content.

Suggested Topics