Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    Original poster 785 posts

@suspiciouspixel Red Storm is leading Heartlands development, so this is definitely not for that.

However, any play test should include all the incoming changes - i.e. specialization, new mode, new gear/exotics and any other upcoming content. That it's going ahead now suggests that they're still on track for February. Whether that will change *after* the test remains to be seen.

[edit] FWIW, Red Storm are looking for *remote* testers in the US though:

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

The most importantest importination:
    Would we be able to hide/unequip the specialization weapon?

• Noxious81
    470 posts
    The most importantest importination:
    Would we be able to hide/unequip the specialization weapon?

Personally, I do not believe and do not hope that the devs waste their time with such trivialities.

Objectively, there are a bunch of more relevant things that the community as a whole would benefit more from being reworked or fixed.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@noxious81 it's already in the game - we go through the whole campaign without a Spec Weapon 👩‍🏫

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

@latenitedelight
    No, it is not already in the game. Going through the campaign without something is not the same as unequipping something.

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

@noxious81
    Look at you.

It's a video game. All of it is trivial.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@iii_hammer_iii I've always been on team asking for the option to remove, even if it means not being able to use the Spec Weapon, including posting numerous times about it 🙄

I was responding to Noxious, that they don't need to create anything new, just allow someone to swap to a non-WT model they already have..

• DutchLMB4ever
    157 posts

@dagrommit "Investing in grenades...armor kits"
    I think they will give us 3 points to spend between Armor kits and Grenades.

You can spend 3 points on one of them.
    Or 2 points on armor kits and 1 on grenades.
    (or the other way around)

Grenades:
    1 point: More damage.
    2 points: Bigger radius.
    3 points: Faster explosions.
    Or
    Per point 25% faster explosions (max 75%).

Armor kits:
    1 point: More armor kits (or 1).
    2 points: (Better) Specialization talent.
    3 points: Faster healing.
    Or
    Per point 25% faster healing (Max 75%)

• dagrommit

@dutchlmb4ever it sounds like the "power increase" will be limited to the linear progression, so I doubt we'll get damage increases from the tree.

I do wonder if they'll add "cleanse status" as a perk for armor kits though.

• DutchLMB4ever
    157 posts

@dagrommit
    Hmm, the cleanse status could be instead of Specialization talent.
    And if its not more damage for grenade, it could be a longer status effect.

• BT3241
    97 posts

Why would you want to not have the specialization comes with all sorts of weapon damage if they take it away the have to revamp the whole thing so none of the perks are lost and its becomes just another weapon. They would have to change so much that it will never happen. If its about how it looks on you it will never be changed for that reason. Wear the crossbow you can hardly see it.

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

Aren't we supposed to get another Intelligence Annex this week?

• dagrommit

@suspiciouspixel this one came out on the 28th, and there are three more business days in the month (including today). I wonder if they're holding off until next Tuesday so they can also talk about the December event just as the re-run ends.

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

@dagrommit Dude imagine if it's a level cap 50 increase with more difficult enemies and the Legendary World Tier people wanted. However, I guess it's next week and hopefully they haven't forgot.

• xcel30
    409 posts

@suspiciouspixel They have denied level cap increase long time ago, legendary world tier might still happen but i honestly don't understand what people want from legendary world tier, they want white tusks everywhere or regular factions with absurd bulletsponge and perfect accuracy when community already complains about beign one shot by a random hyena hipfiring an SMG. But yeah they are short on time to deliver this month news indeed

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts
  • xcel30
    409 posts

@suspiciouspixel Well thanks for ping. Still reading it here so it's just early comments about it, it seems to be a bit similar to baddass ranks and other smaller stuff in borderlands, but instead of being random stat you get to power up it's the entire category, so IF (and big IF so anyone feel free to share how they think this work) you use AK a lot you will get AK proficiency meaning that when you reach enough proficiency points you level up your expertise with that weapon (and it appears to apply to all variants, so you can use classic AK and get proficiency for black market AK since they are both the same weapon just variants), and with that expertise level you cna increase BASE STATS (you weapon damage roll of 12% will stay 12% but the base value that the game is applying that % will be higher), so you can increase damage of god rolled weapons and at the same time that increase will not affect the base roll %.

While i used AK as an example the same appears to apply to everything, so it's about using an item, getting proficiency with that item/brand. Each item having multiple proficiency ranks. Get enough ranks with multiple items you level up your Expertise. Whenever your expertise goes up, you cna upgrade gears to another grade.

So if you have rank 8 proficiency with your AK and rank 3 Gilla guard rank, you will have a total of 11 ranks, and lets say that the moment you have 10 total ranks you unlock Expertise lv2, so now you can upgrade all gear to Grade 2. Once again could be wrong from reading this

• dagrommit

Confirmation that people won't need to re-grind specializations from zero

Suggested Topics