ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Unsolved [Bug] report for Ubisoft Connect client which breaks cloud saves and 2-factor authentication

0 Likes/2 Replies/80 Views
    VikMorroHun
    Original poster 2 posts

There is a serious bug in Ubisoft Connect which breaks cloud syncing of saved games and 2-factor authentication. 

Summary: Ubisoft Connect client cannot handle if the computer name contains characters from the extended ASCII table.
    Expected Results: Cloud saves and 2-factor authentication to work as intended.
    Actual Results: Cloud saves don't work at all. 2-factor authentication works for a few hours but when I turn on my computer again I have to authenticate it again even if I ticked that this is a trusted computer before. And so on.
    Steps to reproduce: 1. In my case the computer's name contained the ASCII character 0x90. That's it. Cloud syncing and 2-factor authentication broke. 2. I renamed my computer in Start > Settings > System > About so it contains only basic ASCII characters and cloud syncing and 2-factor authentication is working fine.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3327 posts

Hey @vikmorrohun ,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this to us!

For us to discuss this in more detail and pass this onto the team, could you please direct message us via our Support Site, Facebook or Twitter with this information?

As well any screenshots to accompany this so we can also pass those on.

Much appreciated!

Official Response

Suggested Topics