ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BaszCore88
    Original poster 1 posts

Normally I play the game at world level challenging. You often have to switch levels because daily/weekly projects require missions to be played on hard. There are also regular events in the game or challenges that need to be played on a different level. In order to do this you have to adjust the world level.
    It is very desirable if you can always set the missions to a certain level. So you can just play a mission on hard while the world is challenging on level.

I think this option should be simple to implement and would save a lot of unnecessary actions for the players.
    Can you add this option?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DutchLMB4ever
    367 posts
    Banned

@baszcore88 So you try to say, you don't like to switch world tiers for 1 mission and then change back?
    And now you want to choose from any difficulty on any world tier?
    How dare you...weirdo.

But serious tho, you're right about it.
    It should even be the otherway around.
    If you're on Normal tier you shouldn't be able to go higher unless you upgrade your tier.
    (On Normal you can make missions Legendary)
    And on Heroic tier you basically conquered all tiers and should be able to choose whatever you want.

But they like to please weak players 😉

• the_Kettle
    234 posts

@baszcore88 While I agree in principle (I see no good reason you shouldn't be able to run missions at a lower difficulty than your world setting) I do think you've missed a detail in the description of the daily and weekly projects: they require you to complete missions on Hard OR ABOVE, so doing them on heroic or even legendary is entirely possible. The exception to this is the league speedrun challenges, but in those missions they do actually let you pick the correct difficulty without lowering your world setting.

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    Normally I play the game at world level challenging. You often have to switch levels because daily/weekly projects require missions to be played on hard.

As the_Kettle was already so kind to point out – playing missions for projects is usually an "...or above" thing. So in case you are comfortable with playing on challenging difficulty all the time, you can also complete your projects with playing the required missions on that difficulty level.

There are also regular events in the game or challenges that need to be played on a different level. In order to do this you have to adjust the world level.

The only one that I can currently think of are the utterly easy speedruns for the Leagues, which you indeed have to play on hard difficulty. But funny enough – for doing the "hard" speedruns while having the global difficulty set to challenging or heroic difficulty, you can select hard difficulty. So you're not being forced to change your global difficulty just because of those speedruns.

So as this option to pick a lower difficulty for a mission than your open world has is somehow already in the game... I'd also say make this a thing all the time. Since we're also already able to opt in and out of Directives when starting a mission...

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) It should even be the otherway around.
    If you're on Normal tier you shouldn't be able to go higher unless you upgrade your tier. (...)

From a "progression of difficulty levels" point of view I do agree with you. But that idea would create the very same dilemma the OP faced, just not for playing a mission on a lower, but on a higher difficulty.

For example, a lot people – including myself – like to stroll around in a challenging open world, while playing missions usually on heroic or legendary difficulty. In such a case, players would then have to change their global difficulty to heroic before being able to play a legendary stronghold or a heroic difficulty.

So... I'd totally agree to just making every difficulty level and every Directive available on starting a mission, no matter what difficulty setting or Directives the open world has.

• XMdead
    144 posts

Personally I like to set my world settings to Challenging so that random garbage gets cleared out quickly, but I do connected activities to raise the level of control points to Heroic. For missions (with my current gear) I stick to challenging when solo and much prefer Heroic when grouped. So the whole system works mostly fine for me.

What I would very much like though is a filter for the help system, so that I would only receive requests for help that are Heroic, otherwise it is too easy and not worth my time.

Suggested Topics