ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yorky65
    Original poster 19 posts

Hello everyone, this is not a question or a complaint. in fact it's the reverse.
    I am an Octogenarian and only came to ANNO 1800 a year ago after the demise of my wife. ANNO 1800 has been a savior to me, particularly on dark nights and poor weather when it was unsuitable for me to go out. It has kept me company and provided mental exercise and very interesting and adsorbing pastime. I have just recently managed to reach Investor level while at the same time still having adequate stocks and cash. (No easy matter) I would like to thank all involved in it's production. It does remind slightly of the much earlier game EMPEROR and I only wish they would bring that up to date. I also have ANNO 2205 but I just can't make any headway and for me the period is unattractive. Hopefully there will be further DLM's for ANNO 1800. By the way I only play off-line; and certainly don't have the confidence to do otherwise.
    Many thanks. Yorky65

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@yorky65

Hi, Yorky65!

Thank you for getting in touch and it is nice to see an Octogenarian playing! I am very sorry to hear about your wife, this must have been a very difficult time in your life.

However, we are glad to hear that ANNO 1800 has provided some comfort for you when you are unable to go out. Personally, I love the strategic side of ANNO and it sounds like you do also!

Congratulations on reaching Investor level, this is impressive especially whilst having adequate stocks and cash. I am going to pass on your kind words to the game team and our teams here at support, we always love to hear great feedback about our games from the players.

I have never had the pleasure of playing EMPEROR, will have to look that one up. Have you thought about watching some guides on playing ANNO 2205? They could help you make some headway, but then again if you are used to the period of ANNO 1800 you may not wish to.

At the moment I do not have any news to share about further DLM’s for ANNO 1800 sorry.

You mentioned that you only play offline, have you thought about connecting with some of the other ANNO players here on the forums, they may be able to help you get the confidence to play online if you wish.

It has been a pleasure to message you today and we hope you continue to enjoy your adventures in ANNO.

All the best from myself and the team!

Suggested Topics