ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L3AND80
    Original poster 71 posts

Cheater: Self-explanatory, are those who want to stand out more than others using cheats.

Super Noob: are those newbies who understand what you say or type, but do the opposite or those who fall several times in the same trap of the game, that is, they lack a little intelligence.

Super Badass: he's the one who knows the game well, plays better than most, but when he enters a game, he wants to be the owner of the game... and of the other players, who give orders (it's not about teaching new players, but boss them around), doesn't worry about helping teammates, a few curse the others, but most prefer to stick with ironies, that is, a complete "asrule" who is only an above average player in a game and that's why he starts to think of yourself as a "celebrity" and to act arrogantly towards others by instead guiding or helping.

Envious: this can be both a novice and an experienced player who knows how to play and knows the game mechanics (which is even worse), this is the guy who doesn't accept that another player plays better than him, and for that he acts ironically, curses, says that the disaffection is cheating, usually abandons the game or when he has the lead of the game, expels the enemies (who don't even know why they are being kicked), they do this for no reason, just because they are envious, are creatures with such low self-esteem that they are to be pitied.

Ungrateful: he is the one you help several times during the game, but when you need his help only once, he ignores you, tries to solve everything by himself and in the end ends up dying too.

Toxic: the nervous kid who curses everyone all the time without justification, is usually a bad player, below average, who wants to hide his low level of skill in the game trying to intimidate one or several other players, always putting the blame on them .

Of course there are more types, but I left what I consider to be the most unpleasant types of players to play...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hralex1951
    166 posts
    Banned

If we are talking about coop, because I never go to the DZ because of cheaters, I have found player of this kind to be a rarity. The great majority are great to play with. There are people that do not play carefully or tactically especially in Legi but even they are not toxic players. Fortunately, my experience has been extremely good.

• Oatiecrumble
    590 posts

Super Badass gets my vote, cheaters (as in PVE) don't bother me, if they want to spoil their own game experiance than go for it, their loss.

• SuspiciousPixel
    255 posts

No option for scorpio users so I cannot vote.

• L3AND80
    Original poster 71 posts

@hralex1951 DZ I disregard, as well as PVP, the survey is about PVE, where there are 95% of players who just want to have fun without bothering others and 5% who somehow, voluntarily or not, annoy the rest of the group, it's about these the research, ie: people who want but DO NOT know how to play in a group.

@Oatiecrumble About cheaters, I think the same, until they don't bother me so much, if they want to destroy their own experience, their problem... but I've already encountered two in raids, I didn't even stress, I just blocked and left the game.

@SuspiciousPixel This one you could vote for the option Super Noob or Toxic or even better: Cheater...😁
    Scorpio users, no need to curse my mother, I also use Scorpio in some builds.😬

As there are six options I tried to place the search for up to two choices to be more dynamic, but I don't know what happens when the post enters the forum, you can only choose one option and it's not the first time it happens.

• DutchLMB4ever
    367 posts
    Banned

Super noob/Rebel
    Not really despising them but it's more like:
    Why tho...just why... lol

I only have this problem with the boss at DUA.
    Because he is annoying to kill.

This is what I say:
    -Don't use bombs when it's only the boss, use foam or blind fly.
    -We let him reload endless.
    -Shoot ammo on his gun, then backpack, then head.
    -For fast kill.

And the moment he's on 1 knee to reload, I foam him thinking yes a quick kill again, and then I see an explosion. 😄
    He now is instantly reloaded and starts shooting again.
    As if they want it to take a long time to kill him...

I don't mind it that much tho, I just switch immediately to a different tactic.
    But when you have a CC build on it just takes way too long to destroy his bag.
    And/or I have to manually change to a DPS build if I want it to be done fast. Sigh
    Edit: Risking getting kicked even tho I want all of us to complete it faster.

But yeah that...

• XMdead
    144 posts

For me the most annoying is "none of the above".

#1 in the annoyance scale is the player that thinks that PvP was created for ultra-equipped individuals or teams whose concept of fun is to prey on the underequipped and normally PvE solo players who are dumb enough to venture into the DZ. I consider such degenerates more akin to a desease than to a human.

#2 for me is not really a player, but the matchmaking system that fails to give us the ability to filter the calls for help we want to respond to. For example, given that the drops are horrible at Story, Normal and Hard levels and I still badly need semi-decent drops, I do not want to waste time helping players attempting a mission or roaming below my current level. I solo challenging and some Heroic stuff. So I am happy to help someone who gets over their head on Challenging or Heroic, but not below. Also... I would very much not get invites if I am in the middle of a mission or Control Point, and I would love it if I didn't get requests for help when I am in a menu/inventory/station, since once I get out of the menu the option to respond is gone. In other words, the choice of what to get notified for should be the player. The fault is not really the help-requesting player, but it does make him annoying.

#3 Are people that respond to my request for help but don't join. This is why I never bother to ask for help unless a daily mission requires being in a group... and even then I always assume that I will play solo and be lucky if I get joined by someone before mission end. What is quite sad is that these respond but don't join people are about 80% of the people that respond.

• echolecter
    271 posts

Since all players have their own ways of enjoying the game I can't say I despise any of them. Good thing about group play is that you can always leave the group when you don't like what is going on. I disabled the game dialogs (because of ISAC), and don't use voip ether so I can't hear anyone (including NPCs) cursing or commanding other players to play as they see fit. Whenever I get into a group that has some weird style of playing missions or activities I usually leave and go out to match-make with others. I stopped teaching novice players like I used to do when I was playing TD1, with some the coin will never drop and they are simply to stubborn.

The ones I really don't like are 'more experienced' inpatient players that start timers in mission when others are still figuring out the drops they found to improve their sets or want to open boxes. There are still lower level players that actually do find stuff they can use and want to change their builds. And of course the calls for backup morons that after being revived decide to kick you from the group, but okay it happens with some.

• L3AND80
    Original poster 71 posts

@DutchLMB4ever Man, Super Noob is already sad to have on the team in the raids in Discovery mode, let alone in Legendary mode, I have a LVL SHD 4200, more than 2800h of gameplay and I don't have the skill (and mainly patience) to face the Legendary alone, I'm imagining certain Super Noobs I find in raids getting in the way of the folks who play Legendary... it must be sad.

@XMdead Reading the first part of your comment is the Super Noob that bothers you (the one who doesn't even know how to do the basics and doesn't listen or read the chat of players who want to help him, in the second part it's only the developer's fault, the players don't have nothing to do with this and in the last part of your comment, the type of player that bothers you is the Ungrateful one... because they answer your call BUT for some reason they don't help, they want to solve everything alone, even if they are in a group.

@echolecter I don't think you chose any of the options, but reading your comment, you also feel "annoyed" (perhaps despise is too strong a word) with certain players and these would be: Super Badass, the big guy who even plays better than the most, but whenever you solve everything yourself, not respecting the team and the Envious guy who, for no reason, kicks you out of his team... the only explanation I find is envy that you have a better build than his and being better than him and having less level SHD than him, which doesn't accept this.

As expected, I knew that the majority would vote for Cheaters, especially those who play PVP and DZ, so I put two options, but the system, once again, didn't allow it, at the time of the post there were two options but at the time the post fell on the forum only had one option available... which spoiled the poll, it seems that the game's bugs extend to here.

• Noxious81
    869 posts

That's a really broad topic, and I can't really vote for a specific answer.

There are just some kinds of playstyles that often come with certain builds or certain weapons/skills which I personally don't like to play with.

One would be the "I-have-a-shield-so-I'll-stand-right-in-the-front-to-get-all-the-kills-and-block-everyone's-LoS"-player... which is basically self-explanatory. Always running ahead of the group, standing in front of doors, repeatedly walking into every teammate's LoS, and still not knowing when and when not to deploy a shield.

Then we have the "My-Scorpio-and-Memento-will-carry-me"-player – who usually doesn't really have a proper build, but those two items. This combination makes them feel overpowered AF on challenging difficulty (because they are), but the worse their build is, the more of a burden they become for a team in for example a heroic or legendary mission. As soon as enemies don't die right away, they get overrun. Or they make headshots impossible. Or they aggro each and every enemy without being able to kill them.

But lately I personally really got annoyed by the "I-completed-legendary-missions-with-my-skillbuild-so-I'm-the-best-player-in-the-world"-player. You can usually recognize them by their rather low SHD level, by wearing the legendary apparel items, and by their often not even well build AFK-drone/turret-skillbuilds. Yes, they might have cheesed their way through legendary content by letting their skills play the game. Alright. But things start to become dangerous for a team, if those players don't realize this fact and think that they would be good players. Because they usually aren't. They don't know the most simple things about playing as a team, about not just running into a new room without the team, about when to fall back and when to push, about not trying to revive a mate in the open field, about shooting the hives and chains of the WT chunga, and so on. And usually they also don't know that one or two of those builds in a group trying to play legendary content the "regular" way makes life much worse for those not playing skillbuilds (speaking for example of the enemies' aggro or being able to team-shoot enemies).

Of course there are exceptions to every rule... and there are players who know what to do and how to properly play in team even with a skillbuild, a Scorpio- or a shield-build. But sadly the ones that just don't seem to be in the majority...

• PedMM
    20 posts

People who don't pull forward. I think a lot of veterans will forget that the game is all about farm be efficient and do things fast,
    I understand you have nothing new to do for years and you have to invent your fun with new builds and role play but don't expect that in a random group everybody wants to play like this. (that's what friends are for)
    in relation to all the hate I see towards sorpion and skill builds let me tell you that with the number of pll I see with an accuracy below 50% I would be very happy if they all use skill builds and scorpion.

• WrecK3rr
    291 posts

@l3and80 Super Noob or what I call them, Brain Dead.

• WrecK3rr
    291 posts

@suspiciouspixel Haha! Especially when you're using a MMR and keep missing shots due to targets being brought to their knees. Lol.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

I also think it's a broad subject and in many cases is situational. The cheater is a bit of a red herring here, impossible not to hate that (even in PVE, when in a group, a cheater will suck all the fun out of it for all).

The one that is quite vague formulated for me is the "noob". I was a noob, and I still am a noob relative to other more experienced players. If technically you should not be a noob once past SHD 500, there are still many players out there with thousands SHD that behave like noobs... you will run in many of these on Legendary, sporting some nonsense builds, with purples or no gear mods.

To me, there are 2 types of annoying (let's say) noobs out there:

1. the ones that are not ready but aggressively push for higher difficulties, expecting that is your duty to carry them and revive them every 2 minutes, while not listening to any advice and continually and mindlessly rushing forward (some rage quit if you don't revive them immediately - to that I say good riddance).
    2. the ones that have a vague idea of what to do, and they want to lead you despite the obvious gap in experience, skill and build quality; to add insult to injury, when things go sidewise, they will blame everyone but themselves; these too rage quit after calling names the entire group - how I wish there was a MM history that allows us to block these morons.

And then there are noobs that clearly want to learn and make themselves helpful, can't fault those at all.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    289 posts

Combination of cheaters and toxic/try hard players.

i.e On P.C - players who exploit game mechanics (W/O cheating), use cheap builds, chicken dancing, corner glitching.

For example came across a player in the DZ yesterday who was running two double barrel shotguns with a shotgun as a sidearm, meta gear (In-sync, dmg out of cover) 1.8 mil armor (with survivalist) and they had their mouse sensitivity maxed. The dude would just chicken dance his way to you then two tap you with his shotguns. Guy was just about impossible to kill in a 1v1.

Then when you would kill him, he got mad, become aggressively toxic and began using every cheap tactic there is. Corner glitching, continued chicken dancing, riot foam with full shield, yelling in the mic etc.

Have had quite a few run ins with players like this, takes the enjoyment right out of the game to the point I don't even feel like playing.

• Aced_100
    170 posts

The players I despise the most are the ones who complain about other players all the time. 😊

• L3AND80
    Original poster 71 posts

@Noxious81 Yes, the options are very wide, so I left only the six options that, in my opinion, are the most annoying, I tried to put so that voters had two options to vote, but I don't know why the system did not allow it and left only one option.

Apart from these options, I agree with you that there are certain options that are irritating to play, especially if you are a sniper, as explosive builds or certain abilities get in the way too much, the shield also as you mentioned, there is nothing more annoying than being using the Nemesis charged with Headhunter activated, aiming at the NPC's head and out of nowhere someone from the team walks in front of you with the shield, or uses some area damage ability that takes all your vision. Honestly I don't mind when these players are good and help the team... the problem is when they are not.

After all, Snipers (including me) and the well mounted full DPS build are also problems for other players when they kill a lot of NPCs and the others on the team are just looking... so it's normal for everyone to have their strengths and weaknesses, that's what makes the interesting team game. It seems to me that for you the type that irritates you the most would be a fusion between Super Badass (the one who thinks himself more than the others and wants to solve everything himself) with Super Noob (doesn't listen or pretends not to listen to the team's advice).

@Adrian-11 For these and others I don't like this new game numbering (unlimited SHD?) because it can be very misleading, I've played with many players with much lower SHD than mine, but they played well for the team as I've also played with some with higher SHD that besides building very doubtful builds, didn't know how to behave on the battlefield, didn't know how to cover area, something especially important in the last part of the IH raid.

@WrecK3rr It even gives a pain in the chest, having the Nemesis loaded with HeadHunter activated, aiming at the head of an elite tank NPC and when shooting at the enemy, someone from the team uses the "blessed" Scorpio making his aim kneel down and you'll lose your shot. But like I said, if the guy is good for the team, being a serious and good player, I don't care what build he's using, as long as he's not a cheater, of course...

@PedMM I agree, there is a good difference between friends/clans games and between strangers, generally guys who are used to playing raids, for example, with friends and clans, get more stressed on Discovery than they would when playing in Normal mode...Discovery is easier but it's messier, out of 10 games I think I can only finish 4 on IH and 8 on DH... and it's not for lack of trying, even with my poor English I still try to guide some players, but less than 1/4 of them pay attention. We have problems on both sides: some veterans who don't want to help newbies, just show off, showing they're badass, are arrogant like many newbies who don't want to be helped, who are stubborn and also arrogant who want to do what they think is best, in both cases, not for group play, Normal raids or Legendary quests will only spoil the fun of others, not even for Discovery raids.

@RaciaIAdhesive Just having found "players" who had the "courage" to cheat in the DH Discovery raid, is already discouraging to play PVP or enter the DZ... I knew that Cheater would win easy, because in PVE he bothers, but not as much as others types, but in PVP by far he's the most annoying type of player, followed by Toxic, who didn't understand that he's in a game to FUN, to UNSTRESS and not in his pathetic real life, where he's full of frustrations and it later takes out on those who have nothing to do with it, in a game.

@Aced_100 Toxic... which are generally average players down to hide their limitations, try to intimidate and blame others, of course there are toxic players that play well, above average, but the vast majority are average or low players, in in any case, nothing justifies the behavior of these idiots, because if you don't know how to behave in a group, play alone, almost all games offer this option and The Division, despite everything has many options for solo play.

• Varoun717
    1 posts

@l3and80 Players who just rush to open doors to the next encounter without waiting for party member skills to reload as if the mission is timed. Mostly in DUA.

• Noxious81
    869 posts
    (...) there is nothing more annoying than being using the Nemesis charged with Headhunter activated, aiming at the NPC's head and out of nowhere someone from the team walks in front of you with the shield, or uses some area damage ability that takes all your vision. (...)

...sometimes just standing in the middle of a hallway can be annoying enough for everyone, even AR-players. That's something that's existing since TD1 and especially the D3-FNC Gear Set: there good shield-players and, well, not so good shield-players. Good shield players know how and where to move to maintain the team's LoS or to position enemies. But since using a shield became prevalent even in DPS-builds (mainly thanks to the Memento) and is not a speciality of tank-builds anymore, you have to deal with way more and way worse shield-users.

Honestly I don't mind when these players are good and help the team... the problem is when they are not.

Exactly. A lot of players are used to playing solo. And when they queue for MM they do not adjust neither their builds nor their playstyle/behavior to fit playing in and as a team. And that will often result in not being helpful for the team...

(...) It seems to me that for you the type that irritates you the most would be a fusion between Super Badass (the one who thinks himself more than the others and wants to solve everything himself) with Super Noob (doesn't listen or pretends not to listen to the team's advice).

That fusion sounds like a very fun teammate to play with 😉 ...

• DutchLMB4ever
    367 posts
    Banned

@varoun717 I'd like to add this to my original answer.
    Not even for myself (most times im ready)
    I just like to clear rooms as fast as we can.
    And we can do that if everyone runs in at the same time.

Suggested Topics