ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

Hello there,

I was wondering, is the Brigandine armor in Assassin's Creed Valhalla Viking or Saxon armor? I was hoping to contact the game developer and tech support but I couldn't submit my question.
    Is there any other way to contact them? Could someone please tell me whether its Viking or Saxon armor?

Thanks
    Luke

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1458 posts

@lv13578

Historically, from what I can tell, there was no brigandine armour in Europe in the ninth century; the rather-later mediaeval European brigandine armour was based on styles the Mongols used when they did a tour of eastern Europe in the thirteenth century. Wikipedia has, as ever, a reasonable article: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigandine). Whether in the game the armour is supposed to be of Anglo-Saxon or Viking origin I have no idea.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1521 posts

Hey @LV13578, thanks for reaching out! 🙂

I do understand that you're more interested in the matter from game's rather than historical perspective, therefore in order to provide you with accurate answer, I have reached out to our team and will update the thread as soon as possible, so keep an eye!

Official Response
  • LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-karl

thank you for reaching out to the team! Please notify me when they provide an answer if the Brigandine armor is supposed to be Viking armor or Saxon armor.

Luke

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1521 posts

No worries at all, will do! 🙂

Official Response
  • LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-karl

Im guessing that it is supposed to be Viking armor since it looks just like the real Viking armor found in Scandinavia but I’ll wait until I receive an answer from you and the team.

thanks

Luke

• LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-karl

Hey Ubi-Karl hope all is well. Did the team
    provide you with an answer?

Luke

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey there @lv13578 - I apologise for the delayed response!

We are still waiting on more information from the development team with regard to this query about whether the Brigandine armour is to be considered Viking armour or Saxon armour. I'm afraid we haven't received an update just yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything more.

In the meantime, please do let us know if you require any additional assistance. I'd also like to ask that you refrain from bumping your thread, as this is against the forum rules. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-woofer okay. Thank you for the notification.

Luke

• LV13578
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-woofer Hello again. I have one more question. Would you mind assisting me? Please let me know if it’s best to continue with my question on this thread or a new thread.

Luke

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 623 posts

@lv13578 hello and thanks for getting in touch again. We'll be happy to assist you further! Please feel free to continue with the new question on this thread and we can split it later if needed.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics