ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SizroSpunkmire
    Original poster 10 posts

I have an Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080 that cost $1500 CAD. It has 10GB VRAM. The minimum VRAM for the HD Texture Pack is 12GB VRAM for 1080p and 16GB for 4K. I'm not going to downgrade to an RTX 3060 12GB or upgrade to a 3080 Ti or 3090 just to play a single game. I'm baffled as to why one of the most popular, sought-after GPUs on the planet, is barred from running the add-on due to a VRAM limitation.

Is there any chance the requirement for the HD Texture Pack will be lowered so it's not only accessible to such a small portion of the player base?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@sizrospunkmire It's just comes down to poor optimisation. No other games, newly released have this issue. Only Far Cry 6 does this. The way it handles textures must be inefficient as hell.

It's a joke.

• ophtho77
    26 posts

its an AMD sponsored game which likely has a lot to do with it.

In addition to poor optimization, their quoted figures for vram usage are inflated for 4k at least. I have 3080ti with 12gb vram, had gpuz open entire game on 4k 144hz monitor, highest vram recorded was 11.6gb with everything maxed on ultra Plus HD texture pack, vast majority of game was between 10 and 11.2 and not one time did I have an issue running game. However, ubisoft purposely blocks the upper right portion of screen with "low vram" nag message unless using AMD gpu's with 16gb vram, wonder how much AMD paid them for that kind of shady nonsense.

• WID992007
    156 posts

@sizrospunkmire so so not install it and use a higher resolution

the game plays fine here in 1080 P ultra settings with a RTX 3060 with no HD texture pack

and with it installed it does not make that mich of a difference visually .. till your -playing in 4 K

are you playing in 4 K ?

your 3080 should be fine with every thing on ultra no hd texture pack up to 1440 P i would think from looking at other benchmarks

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_6_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,5.html: (https://guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_6_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,5.html)

you should be seeing about 99 to 100 FPS . and yes you can lower some details a bit to get better fps

heck i'm only using a i 5 7600 K i have overclocked to 4.4 ghz on all cores and the game looks amazing

played fine too on my old GPU last week with high settings and that was only a GTX 1060 6 gig card

Suggested Topics