Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

Hello! Hope everyone is staying safe!

I've just loaded up an existing save and remembered that a ship skin has been released for the Ship of the Line. However it isn't available?
    I've got the Steam version of Anno 1800, did a file validation, restarted both Steam and Ubisoft Connect launchers and also started a new save file. Still no dice.

Is it possible to get some help with this one? I don't mind waiting (Thank you support team for being super patient xD)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Guma02
    5 posts

Hi!
    Does anyone know how to unlock ship skin from yesterdays twitter post?

If I've understood it correctly it's for ship-of-the-line, but I can't see any new skins for it.
    Thanks in advance

• TheGodSupermint
    1 posts

@guma02

Its unlocked automatically.
    Select a Ship of the line and click on the paint brush (Skins) and select. It is quite a nice skin.

• Guma02
    5 posts

@thegodsupermint

Thanks for the reply!

I only have ones from the cosmetic pack for some reason.

I wrote to the customer support, maybe they'll know what to do.

• Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

@guma02 I'm in the same boat as you.

I have the Steam pre-order. Did a file validation through Steam, Restarted the Steam and Ubisoft launchers and started a new game. No dice.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hello @cpt-wenchbane, thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to see the ship skin in-game. Could you please confirm the skin name with me, so that I can investigate this further with you?

Official Response
  • Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-mercury
    Hey Ubi-Mercury, Thanks for the response, I see I didn't specify.

It's the 1701 Anniversary skin for the Ship of the Line.

I have the Default, Regal Plating and Autumnal Red skins listed but not the new one. (Superficial I know, but I did love 1701 back in the day and 1404 after it xD) Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Guma02
    5 posts

@cpt-wenchbane
    Hopefully it will be fixed. It probably isn't issue with Your game being on Steam, since I have this problem on Connect version.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1532 posts

Hey everyone, thanks very much for your posts about this. Great to see you're all excited for the various celebration items we've got, but really unfortunate that some of you don't seem to have access to the Ship of the Line skin.

Indeed, our teams have identified an issue where some players are missing the skin, and are currently investigating. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Let me know if there's any further thoughts or questions while we look into this.

Official Response
  • Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Hey Ubi-Thrupney, Hope you (and your team) are well mate.

Just checking in to see if there's been any further updates on this? Can we expect this to be fixed with the next title update?

Thanks again!

• Ubi-Thorlof
    Community Developer 123 posts

The issue should be fixed now, could you try verifying the game files and then checking again?
    There should be one for the Ship of the Line and one for the Battle Cruiser.

Official Response
  • Cpt.Wenchbane
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-thorlof

Hey Ubi-Thorlof,

Yes I can confirm after a verify game cache via Steam that the skin is there for the SotL. I'll double check the Battlecruiser tomorrow and see if that one is there too. I'm sure it is though. Thanks again!

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Thanks for the update, @cpt-wenchbane! Feel free to bump this thread again if you see the other skin is still missing. Otherwise, stay safe and happy gaming!

Official Response
  • Guma02
    5 posts

Hi @ubi-thorlof and @UbiMint ,

Thanks for looking into the issue. Even after verifying game files, none of the skins unlocked for me. Can I still hope for a fix?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1010 posts

@guma02 Hi there!

Thank you for letting us know this still hasn't fixed the issue for you. Sorry to hear that.

We've passed your report to the team so they can take a closer look. We'll be sure to post more news on this as it becomes available!

Official Response
  • Guma02
    5 posts

@ubi-nacho

Both skins have unlocked today after file verification. Big Thank You for the Dev Team!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1010 posts

@guma02 Hi!

Glad to hear this has been fixed for you now. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Enjoy Anno! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics