ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• [PC] It is really insulting that the Animus Hack is still advertised in the game a whole 8 months after it was removed.

5 Likes/6 Replies/1143 Views
    Chessset5
    Original poster 1 posts

So I just started playing the game and with the new Ubisoft overlay, they removed all custom features from individual games. /.
    Custom features like the Animus Hack in AC Origins. A feature that was heavily marketed and is advertised all over the game. It is at the top of the Options menu, it appears in the help/tips section, telling me to use a feature that has been long gone from the game for more than half a year now. It is very insulting.

For console players who have never played on the PC version of AC Origins. We had an additional feature known as the Animus Hack which allowed us to modify certain aspects of the game. Such as your player model or the movement speed or even how much damage you could output, stuff like that. Now this would not affect your progress in the game because in order to use the feature it required you to make a copy of your non modified game save.
    Now here is the thing, to use this feature we had to go into the Ubisoft overlay. The Ubisoft overlay is like the quick menu that pops up when you press the home button on controller, the place you can quickly modify your voice chat or respond to messages. Now imagine that they removed messages but still gave you popup notifications that you where receiving them. That is what it is like.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MaximusAltair
    3 posts

@chessset5 Where is ACP? it is very annoying that it got disabled because of new overlay from Ubisoft connect, you ruined a game feature that was great. Also not giving any explanation about the case.

• DjGrimalkin
    1 posts

@chessset5 This needs to be sorted out, we need a choice to roll back to a previous version that allows the animus hack. ubisoft needs to fix this. bring it back or eradicate any trace of it frim the game!

• SteadiedCloud35
    1 posts

@djgrimalkin I had happened upon a post from early 2021 about this exact issue. Turns out UbiSoft asked someone for a screenshot proving the button and stuff still exists, but the whole thing had since been archived, before anyone could even post a screenshot. HERE, you idiots at UbiSoft! HERE is a screenshot from just TODAY! Around 1 full year after your people were denying it is even an issue, and it's still the same! (nevermind. I tried to attach a screenshot and the file is "too big" to post. UbiSoft must REALLY not care about their customers/community! Losers.) Also, to put it in perspective, Ubisoft was saying in that post from last year, that at THAT point the feature was already 'removed'. They didn't have a REASON, and they SURE 'appreciated' having people being bothered by the game telling you that it's a feature, only to end up figuring out it isn't a feature anymore, and ONLY after having to dig in forums. Here's a link to THAT thread, even though it is only 'read-only' now. [Accessibility] Can't acces hacked animus menu with ubisoft connect overlay | Forums: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2330494-Can-t-acces-hacked-animus-menu-with-ubisoft-connect-overlay)

• Mark-Oz
    12 posts

I bought Assain's Creed Originhs on the 1st of February 2022, and although I have now manage to reach Level 55 (plus half a dozen of filling up the yellow bar for extra Ability Points), I would rerally like to have had the opportunity to experiment with the Animus Hacks.
    It looks like it would have been an interesting experience within the game, so it's a real pity about the Animus Control Panel no longer being availabe.
    I assumed it had something to do with the switch from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect, so that I was actually thinking of looking to see if I still had a copy of the Uplay installer on one of my old HDD's in the hopes of getting access to the Animus Hacks.
    Like those above, it would be better to remove all mention of it in the game rather than the sad feeling I have every time I see it mentioned. So sad. 😢

• sunbeam906
    1 posts

I don't see what the fuzz is all about, honestly. You have the ability to hack the saved game (Q at main menu) and you can edit the options via ACP.ini (it's in C:\Users\<your_user>\Documents\Assassin's Creed Origins folder). Simple as that.

Example given:

PlayerMovementSpeedMultiplier = 200 -- will double your movement speed

Cheers.

Suggested Topics