ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/14 Replies/344 Views
    Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 464 posts

As asked. Not recently, but with the last TU it seems the "out of control" effect when you're on fire went from annoying to over-the-top wild swinging with the last major TU.

I'd been thinking about this on-and-off the past few months but was doing True Sons landmarks in the DZ and over and over and over they kept setting me on fire and the effect seems so absurdly exaggerated now.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    847 posts

@sock_monkey

a lot of things that were fixed or balanced in the past seem to find their way back when any update hits , im pretty sure they use game versions where those fixes werent implemented and put those out again , they dont seem to have any kind of serious quality control , seems like its more of a " everything shoud be fine..." kind of thing.

the damage the smg yelding hyenas do miles away from you is also one of those things.

• Oatiecrumble
    483 posts
    the damage the smg yelding hyenas do miles away from you is also one of those things.

Well funny when they can also do insane damage when blind firing behind cover 😆

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@n3mb0t

The game version is "UNOFFICIAL" still.
    I also think with the seasons reruns they brought back old and I maintained versions...
    Hmm, wonder if that has anything to do with the crashfest since this season started. Remember that unannounced client update, 2.5 GB with no log or any info?
    Does it mean we have to put up with this crashes until the season is over???

• WrecK3rr
    203 posts

@n3mb0t Same patch files being deployed fellas, same broken patch files from last Year.

• Aced_100
    132 posts

They seem to have increased the duration of the burning effect from suicide bombers and those fire grenades that get launched at you, when doing the federal emergency bunker mission where you have tons of suicide bombers and every man and his dog is throwing fire grenades it takes a little longer for the flames to recede. I watched some old Youtube videos of the emergency bunker and the flames lasted 8 seconds, and on a recent video they lasted 10 seconds, not a huge increase but longer.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

Thanks for clearing up my question, just today I was playing and dueling with one of those Outcast gunners assholes, and he had the special ammo, with a few shots he took my protection, but that's not what scared me, but yes see my life draining away in less than half a second because of the burn effect.

• Sr_0v3rk1ll
    94 posts

@oatiecrumble when I play my damage build that has Vigilance, I see the enemy coming out of rooms pre-firing my head more than when I use talents like composure. The server knows what we have the moment we login to a mission and will send us enemies that will counter that. It's not random at all. If I run shields and I apply directives for special bullets the odds are very high that the enemy will have bullets that will disable my shield 90% of the time. Nothing here is random, not even rewards are. It all depends on who is the host. I play with my wife and the reward for all of us when she is hosting is significantly lower cause she is lower level and yes we only play heroic with fog of war all the time. When I host the game rewards are a lot higher. Also the reward for me is closer to being maxed out more than her's. But, it's ok cause I give her what ever I don't need. Which is prety everything at this point. Nothing in this game is random, except the damage you do. Sometimes damage is so inconsistent that it feels like multiplayer doesn't kick in at all. Idk. Maybe is the synchronization of you and the server. Cause we have also noticed that when we play together our games are not very well sync'd up. In my view she might be infront and in her view I am infront of her. I know cause she sits next to me and we see each other's monitors. I've never seen such a poor sync in any game. Not even old games from 2000. People don't notice this cause you're not sitting next to each other to notice. But, it is bad.

• N3mB0t
    847 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll

the special bullets any given faction has are exclusive to them , only black tusk has shock bullets that can down your shield ,that is not random at all.

• Rodnaz
    72 posts

@sock_monkey

A little late but yea the burn effect leaves a lasting impression. Its changed from toasty to getting fried. The noticeable change to me is getting toasted quicker from a longer range. I've not played a lot recently but it seems quality control is non existent.

Sometime I think the game stalks me😕 I'm out collecting scraps, and it is scraps, not looking to engage and I get ambushed. When I take cover the whole clan shows up, their everywhere. This game has issues & don't expect changes anytime soon or possibly never.

• alwaysblazed82
    11 posts

Every single time they push an update, it seems like it's written over an older version of the game. There are supposed to be protocols in place to make sure this doesn't happen.

• Aced_100
    132 posts

Playing this morning and noticed those enemy bombardier drones seem to do a lot more damage now. And don't even get me started on how often they seem to appear now.

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 464 posts

@aced_100 Yeah, I am absolutely certain somebody felt they had to crank up the LZ. I did a BT Heroic bounty, and yes, I know Heroic should be hard, but along with two Heavies and various reds, purples and yellows, out pops three grenadier dogs. Two were explosive and one had the corrosive (yellow gas) grenades. It was freakin' annoying because between the three of them constantly launching grenades it actually sounded like popcorn.

Non-stop, and on and on...

• TheMythical0ne
    3 posts

@rodnaz i love it when i get killed by something that is on my map or my game crashes like 4x a day now this game is so bad now it is unstable [censored] show

Suggested Topics