ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guybrush_pluto
    Original poster 3 posts

This is a well-known problem for NVIDIA users. You can see the issue in the previous forum and it was never resolved. Below is the link.
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2304972-Latest-NVIDIA-drivers-result-in-low-fps-after-certain-time-Forums/page7: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2304972-Latest-NVIDIA-drivers-result-in-low-fps-after-certain-time-Forums/page7)

If you play ANNO 1800 for 3-4 hours, your PC starts stuttering, the framerate drops and the game becomes unplayable at some point because it is too laggy no matter how powerful your rig is. It destabilizes the PC, your system keeps stuttering even after exiting the game. You have to reboot the system to save your system and yourself from this horror.

Only the workaround of the issue is to install the outdated driver v457.51 like you have no video games to play other than ANNO 1800. Someone says it has something to do with the animated cursors. There is a mod to disable it and some say it fixes the problem. I have not tried it myself so I don't know if it is true. Here is the link. https://www.nexusmods.com/anno1800/mods/118/?tab=description: (https://nexusmods.com/anno1800/mods/118?tab=description)

My question is "Are you actually going to fix the problem or are you going to keep ignoring it?". You will probably say it is NVIDIA's problem as you did before. I say it is still your [censored] responsibility to address the issue to NVIDIA and get the problem fixed even if that is true.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SirHarryPierce
    211 posts

@guybrush_pluto same experience yesterday, also sound is effected in other instances on your PC, feels like completely like the return of the old situation.

• waiwaw90
    9 posts

@guybrush_pluto I also got the same problem like this on cybercafes. I found is RAM problem, this game needs 16GB RAM. I play longer time on anno 1800, RAM will increase.

This problem is not Anno 1800 false. It is a windows problem, that is GPU shared memory. it already eats half your system memory.

Windows don't have option to close that GPU shared memory.

• SirHarryPierce
    211 posts

@waiwaw90 I told this to many people here and reddit before, it is not a RAM issue. My RAM;

undefined

• waiwaw90
    9 posts

@sirharrypierce Your RAM is seen like a got problem, 931mhz is petty low speed. Now DDR4 is 2666mhz.
    can your screenshot dxdiag system for me?

seen like your two rams are different speeds. You download the CPUZ check slot on the SPD side.
    If this is true, then go bios disable dual-channel will be better run.

• hedition
    1 posts

Hi. I had the same problem as well and I resolved it. It was the video driver.

It was so bad, fps drop audio cracking etc. Dropping quality to low, change to dx11 etc nothing helps. Rolled back driver and everything runs smoothly at 4k ultra high.

I rolled back to 472.12.

• guybrush_pluto
    Original poster 3 posts

@waiwaw90 It is not the RAM issue. I spent a few hundred bucks on my PC because I was so annoyed by the issue and I like this game so much. I upgraded my RAM from 16GB(2600Mhz CL16) to 32GB(3600Mhz CL16) and CPU from Ryzen 2600x to 5600x. I still saw the exact same problem after playing the game 3-4 hours. Only the solution for me was installing the old NVIDIA driver v457.51. It is smooth as butter no matter how long I play now.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2659 posts

Hey @guybrush_pluto , @hedition , and @SirHarryPierce for your posts about this issue. My apologies that this isn't something we've been able to get sorted quite yet - I can see our teams are aware of the issue, but we've had trouble reproducing the issue. I've sent this additional information you've all shared so we can investigate further.

Sincerest apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. I'll be back in touch on this thread if we need any further information to help us with looking into this.

Official Response
  • SirHarryPierce
    211 posts
    @sirharrypierce Your RAM is seen like a got problem, 931mhz is petty low speed. Now DDR4 is 2666mhz.
    can your screenshot dxdiag system for me?

seen like your two rams are different speeds. You download the CPUZ check slot on the SPD side.
    If this is true, then go bios disable dual-channel will be better run.

I will check this later, thx.

• SirHarryPierce
    211 posts

@sirharrypierce the setting worked, memory normal now.

To come back to the subject at hand, when running Netflix next to Anno 1800, the sound/video gets out of sync.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Hey @sirharrypierce,

Sorry to hear that you find sound and video gets out of sync when you are running both Anno and Netflix, this is not an issue we are familiar with and so it would be great if you are able to provide further details to help us investigate.

Can I check whether you are running Netflix in a browser of via their app? Do you get the same trouble with both?

Can I also check when you first encountered this happening?

Do you encounter this with any other game at all?

Many thanks in advance

Official Response
  • SirHarryPierce
    211 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck running Netflix via Chrome, never had the App.

This is happening a long time already. After the update from v457.51 sound issues happen with all external audio sources; Netflix, Plex (Browser), YouTube (browser) and Spottily. Realize that the effect is not returning to "normal" after closing Ubisoft Launcher / Anno 1800.

I am not playing other games really, only sometimes MiniMotorways over Steam, then I never noticed this.

With 3D glasses over Steam I have also no issues, but then you also do not have a second sound source, but if it was hardware related, it would be an issue with the heavy burden of 3 displays, plus the 3D glasses, which never has been an issue.

Edit; Let me add; it is consistent after a full reinstall of Windows 10 with a completely formatted SSD (updated motherboard).

System; notice that the RAM speed is not correctly displayed here, in CPUZ it is.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@sirharrypierce Thank you for your reply and sending the detailed response, it is greatly appreciated.

Could you try running Netflix in the App to see if the issue persists please?

You can download it here: (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/netflix/9wzdncrfj3tj?cid=msft_web_appsforwindowsphone_collection).

Do you also have XMP enabled in your BIOS?

If the issue continues please let us know.

Thank you.

• guybrush_pluto
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-viral Stop telling us about bs like RAM speed. That barely affects anything unless you are into CPU benchmark score. I upgraded my RAM to 3666Mhz 32GB with XMP enabled and nothing changed. Only the solution was downgrading the NVIDIA driver. You can easily find that this has something to do with the graphics driver compatibility or the mouse cursor animation if you actually pay attention to the problem and track the same repeating tickets by multiple people over a year. You guys are just doing nothing about it but saying clueless bs like this and it has been over a year. Telling to check Netflix App is another stupid answer from your team again. That is a result of the stuttering system not the causation of the problem if you even read the report carefully.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@guybrush_pluto Hello there.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this stutter/destabilization you've experienced.

We'd like to invite you to send us some system files, so that our team can take a closer look at how Anno 1800 is interacting with your hardware/software/drivers.

We've set up a case for you which can be accessed here. Once there, you can follow our steps given here to attach your generated system files.

If you have any further questions please be in touch.

Official Response
  • ThatFokinSniper
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • schwabspecht
    2 posts

I have the exact same problem on an insane gaming PC and refuse to roll back my NVIDIA Driver. I really want Ubisoft to patch this as the game currently is unplayable.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3348 posts

Hey @schwabspecht ,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing this, glad to see a rollback helped you in this instance.

In the meantime, we have investigations ongoing into reports of performance issues with certain Nvidia GPUs and will update the forums accordingly when news is available.

And of course if there's anything more we can answer or help with, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics