ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lethal_Keithal
    Original poster 1 posts

Sometimes after the first run of a time trial MTB race, I cant press "Continue" to start my second run. I can scroll up and down the leaderboard but can't select anything. Even when I disconnect the controller from the PC, i can't press anything to continue and I am just stuck at the screen. The game doesn't crash or freeze, it just doesn't accept my input to continue. The only remedy to this is to manually close the game through Task Manager. It most recently happened when I retried an event, however I can't remember if the other times this happened to me was a retry as well.

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Magician8925
    2 posts

The mouse pointer during the Character Creation page or in any other Menu is selecting the option 1-2 space above the option I am pointing my mouse cursor on. It was a lot of hassle to properly create the character or even change the settings with mouse input.

• ErrorSource
    3 posts

Like the title says, sometimes it feels like the game doesnt recognize controller inputs. Especially after fast travelling my character moves the first meter without letting me change the directions.

Also while riding bikes. The sharp turns seem to be inconsistent to me. Sometimes i get a sharp left turn the other time i bump straight into a wall. This just occurs on bikes so imo no controller prob. I tested the controller after the first time in 3 other games. All perfectly fine.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey there @errorsource ,

Thank you for reaching out with this!

May we please know more about your setup including the exact controller model(s) you've tested / found this with and if you're using them via wireless or wired?

Official Response
  • ErrorSource
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry sure. Its an wired Xbox One controller. It seems to happen if u press too fast forward after the fast travelI. You have to let the trigger get back to the dead zone and then u can move again. Im on steep controls with default dead zones if this is necessary.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

@errorsource Thanks so much for the answer.

Would you be able to record a video of this happening? Additionally, do you have any other controllers you'd be able to test?

Official Response
  • ErrorSource
    3 posts

@ubi-mushy I will try my best but im not used to obs to make a controller input overlay for recording. So u will just see my bike driving forward or bumping against a wall

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 914 posts

@errorsource That's fine, thanks! A video just showing the timing of the input lag and the impact on your movements should still illustrate the issue.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts

Hello @lethal_keithal, thanks for reporting this to us.

I have heard another report of this similar, does this only affect time trials for you, no other type of event?

Can I ask if you have any other applications or software running in the background such as the following too? >

Full Screen Game Overlays - Overwolf / Geforce Experience
    VoIP and Chat services - TeamSpeak / Mumble / Discord / Skype / Raptr
    RGB controllers - Razer Synapse / SteelSeries Engine / Logitech G Hub
    Overclocking Software - EVGA Precision X / MSI Afterburner / RivaTuner / ASUS GPU Tweak / ASUS Smart Doctor / Gamer OSD
    Hardware monitoring - MSI Kombuster / Fraps
    Streaming software - OBS, Xsplit Gamecaster
    Peer to Peer software - BitTorrent / uTorrent
    VPN - Hamachi

If running any of the above software in conjunction with the game, can you please fully disable it, then test the game again?

Are you also able to tell me what specific model of controller you are using and what sport style? Trickster, Steep or Racer?

Official Response

Suggested Topics