ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OeAi
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi. i see that the client is about 72 gb to download setup and allocate,
    same is about R6 for example, but what i want - is a client to test engine and basically my CPU+GPU
    with current game engine for about 2-5gb of gamelevel data with some basic networking maybe.
    Depending on its' results i think there can be a profiler for downloads, that actually should be choosed by players.
    So i f i got low end GPU - i can download lesser texture pack
    and if i got outdated CPU - well, actually another version can be just prepared by dev team.
    well, this is basics.

The big milestone is about creating a texture API together with EPIC and EA and Activision
    i mean you got pretty much same textures used in many games - those can be structured and used as one library for all,
    that will reduce overall traffic of games and can be cached by the system for example.
    as gamers we will not need to download high-end texture pack each time and it will be baked just once,
    allowing working with game engine faster.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/texture-pack-api/258535: (https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/texture-pack-api/258535) for a crosstalk

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    i mean you got pretty much same textures used in many games

First, Div 2 is not built on Unreal engine - it uses Ubi's proprietary Snowdrop engine. Texture packaging formats are unlikely to be the same as a result. Same applies for other engines used by AAA games.

Second, AAA games do not share textures, unless they've been purchased from an asset library. Even then, those textures may be modified to suit the needs of the specific game. Every game has different lighting models and performance requirements, so they generally use unique textures, even if the end result might have some similarities.

Third, there is zero benefit to publishers to create and maintain a common texture library, and a much higher risk to consumers of a central point of failure.

• OeAi
    Original poster 3 posts

@dagrommit
    basically yes, you are right. i got about hundred games, about 20 AAA,
    when i see it's another 80gigs to download and also to put it somewhere
    well, i just don't. The API has to be made to fit all needs, your so much precious textures
    mostly made from real world things and you don't own any world outside and you never will.

So Unreal was in terms of game engine, you got yours, they got theirs, so it should be made
    not by game publishers and promoters, but by engineers team, because they understand that better.
    For your snowdrop engine, maybe DIV2 is not the only game, that will be use same things?
    Breakpoint ? Assasins ? this is just a usual optimization for processes, if you wont do that - you wont evolve.

Look for CPU and GPU, there are many industry makers, but they produce stable protocols and instructions
    to use it everywhere, because it's a needom, When you can do that on a software side - they can implement that
    on a hardware side. and if you don't, well - you will always follow on what they do.

How many people goes to DIV2 and how many plays Fortnite?
    i was in DIV2, i was lagging so much and there was no people, maybe just a first mission,
    but in DIV1 there was people at least. This means nobody cares on your ultrahd tectures for 4gb gpu,
    because they've bought that all for crypto mining and prices goes too high.
    and also i need to buy a new monitor and basically new cpu for 16gb mem.
    so ok, it's 2k$ to play another one game. You know Star Wars BattleFront - there's no people there too.
    But BF4 - full servers and CS GO. i don't play that because of cheaters, R6 like for anticheat, that doesn't work sometimes too.
    if it was - there would be no bans everyday.

You know much more people, plays with their phones and there is no those NV UHD hardware,
    how do they do that? still wonder. that GPU embedded and 8gb max for everything.
    but you go for RTX anyway, i know, i know.

Sorry, there was no any mail, about a reply.

Suggested Topics