ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thesuicidefox
    Original poster 11 posts

I've played about 100 hours in Far Cry 6 at this point. I've completed the story and 100% most things in the game (I still have to find all the USBs and unlock some more weapons mods but that's it). I found the game very enjoyable, it skips a lot of the BS of previous games and just throws you right into the Far Cry experience. The gameplay and gear are a lot of fun, there's a lot to explore and find, lot's of ways to play. It's great overall.

However, I seriously could not stand the Gran Premios missions. They were awful. So [censored] boring. I never wanted to do them, I did them for the parts, but OMG could you guys have made it more mind numbing? Literally just driving through rings/torches from A to B. How boring and mundane. Not to mention that most vehicles in this game are boring or seriously annoying to drive. Planes and hovercraft in particular are NOT FUN. The default controls for Xbox are so [censored] backwards I spent 20 minutes redoing them to be able to drive these things in any capacity. The only fun things to drive are helicopters and tanks. Horses too if you consider them a vehicle, but IMO the horse shoulda been an amigo so there's that. But everything else is a complete snoozefest. These missions are so uninspired, like they were tacked on last second because you needed to pad play time. Whoever designed these is lazy and uncreative, sorry but it's the truth.

It wouldn't take much to make these fun. Maybe we have to deliver packages, but there's not set path just a timer and maybe we can only go on foot or using the given vehicle. That small change alone would have made these 1000 times better.

Again, love the game, but the Gran Premios missions are just awful and should have never been put into the game. Hope you guys will update them (and vehicles in general) to be a lot more fun in the future.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@thesuicidefox I rather enjoyed them. At least I was able to complete these, I struggled with those in 5.

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@thesuicidefox Opinion is not truth.

• boo-yah1907
    268 posts

@thesuicidefox Although i agree with you in general, it seems like you are proposing the exact same features like in fc3 and 4. If that was the case for this game, i know that a lot of people would have complained about it. Gran Premio races maybe should have had a tiny story bound to them but other than that, what your proposing and their current state, does not seem appealing.

• thesuicidefox
    Original poster 11 posts

@boo-yah1907 Dude all it is is drive X vehicle from A to B. It's objectively the most mundane thing in this game.

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

100% agree!... Unfortunately, Ubisoft NEVER LISTENS to their paying customers.

• boo-yah1907
    268 posts

@thesuicidefox I agree

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@robertemerald Because 'paying customers' say different and often opposing things. So it's down to Ubi to do the best they can.

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@thesuicidefox, It's not driving from point A to point B that is the problem, it's the inability to control certain vehicles in a reliable sense. Planes and Hovercrafts are the hardest and I have yet to complete those challenges. I'm on PC using keyboard and mouse and I never use a gaming controller. Cars, trucks and horses are easy, but not other vehicles and of course, with the better rewards attached to them. I give challenges 10 tries, and if I can't complete them in 10 tries or less, I abandon that part of the game and save myself any further wasted time and frustration. I never completed them in Far Cry 5 either.

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@sofajockey, And that is why we need more "Options" in gaming, as it's the best way to please more paying customers.

• Netspook
    332 posts
    @thesuicidefox I rather enjoyed them. At least I was able to complete these, I struggled with those in 5.

The ones in 5 were more challenging, yes, but they were made fun by the drunk Evel Knievel-ish story behind them. And making them fun is not what they did this time, heck those I've done are not even challenging, far from it - you can do them while watching Netflix at the same time.

• KrayZee_
    96 posts

@robertemerald Raise the sensitivity for the plane to max, it'll be much easier to control. If you need to, play inverted.

• Timing7
    2 posts

@sofajockey Agreed. I hated the ones in 5. The only redeeming quality of them was the Super Dave Osborne stories attached. 6's, with the exception of the hoverboat, were immensely more enjoyable to me.

• PlebNC
    11 posts

I didn't enjoy them. Most were very mind numbing breadcrumb trails with little challenge or danger. Some try to add unique things, like the jetski one with the sea mines and the jeep one where tanks shoot at you, but their implementation felt so hollow. The jetski one I mentioned? The mines are only outside the track boundary and the jetski doesn't drift at all so there's basically no risk of hitting a mine (seriously why does every vehicle, especially boats and helicopter, have traction like the vehicle's coated in super-glue?). The jeep one I mentioned? Very certain those tanks are scripted to never hit you as long as you're moving because the tanks you face outside of that race can snipe a fly at a hundred metres. The extremely generous time limit also ensures victory so long as the player doesn't roll the vehicle over or drive off a cliff.

And that's before you consider they narratively don't make sense. Yara is a police state under an authoritarian regime that has all aspects of life under their thumb. How would a street racing scene flourish under that? You could say it's to unwind or an act of rebellion. Sounds like a great way to get guerrillas killed over nothing to me considering the military lines the streets, has tanks and a shoot first policy.

These races were probably added because a suit said that every open world needs checkpoint races and so they could dump the armour/countermeasure vehicle upgrades somewhere (side note: The countermeasures are pursuit deterrent in a game where the enemies rarely actually use vehicle to chase the player or even keep up with the player if they try to). Ironically, there already is a checkpoint race activity in game that makes narrative sense and is a challenge: The Interception missions. Get from point A to B in a time limit. The route is the player's choice. Rewards map knowledge and traversal skills. Vehicle is players choice. Rewards preparation and/or improvisation. Sounds like it meets all the requirements of a checkpoint race while working with the open world format to create an engaging, immersive activity.

Suggested Topics