ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED [PC] Unable to turn vehicles correctly if "Accelerate" Keybind is set to a Mouse Button | POST HERE

0 Likes/90 Replies/2043 Views
    Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

I bought Far Cry 6 and when I start playing it I noticed straight away that i couldn't use my 'RMB' in combination with my 'A' and 'D' keys anymore. That's very annoying because I use my 'RMB' to walk and my 'A' and 'B' keys to strafe. Before, I could strafe diagonally when i used my 'RMB' and strafe keys together. Now I can't anymore. That really messes up my gameplay. In all previous Far Cry's it worked just fine for me! Is there a way to fix this in the software of Far Cry 6 or can i fix it myself?

Btw, I'm using a G11 gaming keyboard from Logitech and a simple 'Premium Optical Wheel mouse from Logitech (M-BT58)'

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

I bought Far Cry 6 and when I start playing it I noticed straight away that i couldn't use my 'RMB' in combination with my 'A' and 'D' keys anymore. That's very annoying because I use my 'RMB' to walk and my 'A' and 'B' keys to strafe. Before, I could strafe diagonally when i used my 'RMB' and strafe keys together. Now I can't anymore. That really messes up my gameplay. Is there a way to fix this in the software of Far Cry 6 or can i fix it myself?

Btw, I'm using a G11 gaming keyboard from Logitech and a simple 'Premium Optical Wheel mouse from Logitech (M-BT58)'

• Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

I forgot to mention that in all previous Far Cry's it worked just fine for me!

• wadawada55
    2 posts

I use Right Mouse button to move forward paired with A,S,D on the keyboard. (Old Quake 3 setup)

If im moving forward then i press A or D to strafe left or right, It stops moving me in my forward direction and only goes left or right, and not diagonally forward.
    None of the other games has done this..
    IF i change the forward key back to W, this action works correctly.

• wadawada55
    2 posts

@scimpie Same with me mate, We are a rare breed!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

@wadawada55 Hi there.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Sorry you've not been able to play the game with the control setup you would like!

This issue has been forwarded on to the game team for further investigation. Please be sure to check our News and Announcements for details on patch notes and changes to the game.

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • nsshunt
    8 posts

I use the right mouse button to move forward and 'Q' and 'E' to strafe left and right.
    You cannot hold the right mouse button down and strafe at same time.
    When I do this, the character only moves left and right and stops moving forward.
    This works perfectly in other games including Far Cry 5.

Can this issue be fixed as soon as possible please.

Thanks.

• owlz_net
    4 posts

@nsshunt

+1 on this

I use the left mouse button to move forward and 'Z' and 'C' to strafe left and right and am having exactly the same issue

• nsshunt
    8 posts

@owlz_net Thanks for the reply. Yeah its annoying for sure (almost deal breaker to be honest). I really don't want to be forced to use WASD combo (or other KB combos) as I've used mouse and KB for movement for literally decades (I'm old :-))

• Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

@wadawada55 I contacted the helpdesk of Ubisoft and had a chat with them. They told me that it was because I had bound the RMB to another function.
    I checked that, but that wasn't the case. I only bound the RMB to the 'walk forward' function.

They also told me to then use some other keys for moving around. I can't do that. I play games for more than 17 years now, and I'm used to a specific set of keys. It is just like to ask me to go write left-handed from now on. That won't work either.

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

I know it suxorz, but I use to play the exact same way, except with arrow keys as strafe/backwards.
    I have ended up just using the arrow key Up and Left and Right and Back.
    Indeed we are a dying breed (gaming since 1995), and its hard to re-wire the brain, but this is the best solution I could find and still play with all the other keys I was used to. It only took a week or 2 to get used to using Up Arrow as Forward, so considering playing the same way for almost 30 years, a couple weeks isnt bad.
    It WILL be bad once they start hardcoding keys to left side keyboard (wasd) as a standard, but until then, a little victory is better than none at all.

• nsshunt
    8 posts

@scimpie Same here - you are not alone. In fact I created another thread about this exact problem. I use RMB and Q and E for strafe and W for back. Been playing that way for 20+ years. Really don't want to have to train my brain being forced to use WASD.
    Hopefully this bug is fixed soon.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

Hello there @Scimpie welcome to the forums!

Thank you for letting us know you've been unable to move diagonally when using the RMB and strafe keys.

This particular issue has been raised with the game team and is undergoing investigation. We'll be sure to let you know when more information on the issue becomes available.
    Please be sure to check for updates in our News and Announcements section of the forums.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Official Response
  • heyscot
    58 posts

Hello Guerillas,

In Far Cry 5, you continue to move forward (either walking or running) as you strafe right/left. If you are walking while strafing right/left, and you hit the run key, you will move faster.

In Far Cry 6, you A) stop running and B) stop moving forward as you strafe right/left. If you hit the run key, nothing happens.

Is this intentional?

New Dawn did not have any movement differences from FC5.

Thanks for your help guys!

Scot

• Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-nacho hi there,

A helpdeskworker told me to unbind all RMB functions except the one i use for walking. I did that and it didn't work.
    I thought i just let you know so you can cross that of your list with possible conflicts.

Thanks for your response and i hope it will be fixed soon!

• Scimpie
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-nacho A helpdeskworker told me to unbind all RMB functions except the one i use for walking. I did that and it didn't work.
    I thought i just let you know so you can cross that of your list with possible conflicts.

Thanks for your response and i hope it will be fixed soon!

• owlz_net
    4 posts

@nsshunt
    Exactly the same for me, too old to change now!

There's another report of the same issue here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/111352/keys-and-rmb-don-t-work-together?lang=en-US with an "official response" that the issue is undergoing investigation, so fingers crossed it'll get fixed soon 😊

• heyscot
    58 posts

Hello Guerillas,

In Far Cry 5, you continue to move forward (either walking or running) as you strafe right/left. If you are walking while strafing right/left, and you hit the run key, you will move faster.

In Far Cry 6, you A) stop running and B) stop moving forward as you strafe right/left. If you hit the run key, nothing happens.

Is this intentional?

New Dawn did not have any movement differences from FC5.

Thanks for your help guys!

Scot

• Spydiggity
    2 posts

@heyscot I rebound forward to left mouse and backward to right mouse, and now i can't even have two movement inputs at the same time. Strafe overrides forward and backward completely. I've never seen a game have a problem like that.

• Spydiggity
    2 posts

@nsshunt I'm also old and have been using mouse for movement for nearly 3 decades. I could technically play it wasd (gun to my head), but it would make the experience a lot less enjoyable. But now I regret buying this game day one. By the time they fix it, it'll probably be half price. Ubisoft has a history of ignoring game-breaking bugs.

Suggested Topics