ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xCrowder
    Original poster 1 posts

Simply put the Aim Type (Under Options>Keyboard and Mouse>General) you select does not save upon closing and reopening the game. I have to always select Toggle when I launch the game, it never saves.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2669 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update to say that this issue should be resolved with the latest patch. Please let us know if it this issue of the Aim Type resetting when relaunching the game persists for anyone. If it does, please make sure you've updated the game to its latest version, and verified your game files on PC!

Let me know if there's any further thoughts or questions about this at all.

Official Response
  • hoonose2013
    65 posts

@xcrowder One way that would work would be to find and open your gamerprofile.xml file, manually adjust your desired settings. Then save the file and mark it as read only.

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

As the title says.. Toggle aim for KB+M doesn't save on exit. I have to set it every time I start the game because it reverts back to hold.

• Charlie_v_Braun
    25 posts

Same here.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@wfl-ggn @Charlie_v_Braun Hey! Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue with toggle aim settings not saving upon exit.

This sounds like you may need to set your Far Cry 6 config file to read-only. Please launch the game, make the changes to your settings and then the configuration file can be found in the following default path:

PC: C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Far Cry 6/bin

Once located right-click the file and select properties and then checkmark read-only.

Once done please save the file and then restart your game and see if the settings have now been saved.

If it does not please let us know.

Thank you.

• Charlie_v_Braun
    25 posts

@ubi-viral I'll try once I am able to log into Connect again...having connection issues since friday, game does frequent CTDs because of it it appears. And no, this is notr in any way related to my system or provider, everything else runs like clockwork.

In any case, thank you for the quick reply!

• Charlie_v_Braun
    25 posts

@ubi-viral So first of all, the config file as far as I can tell is under documents/my games/far cry 6 as it has always been since at least far cry 3. I used to edit these for the exact same purpose before the menu option was introduced, cannot find the entry in the gamerprofile.xml this time

Secondly, making everything read only in the games bin folder did nothing at all.

• nsshunt
    8 posts

@wfl-ggn Same here. Have to reset this every time. Not a deal breaker but annoying (slightly).

• rayloriga1
    17 posts

That's it. I haven't found any other major bugs (so far 63% game progression), I must be lucky. Regardless, I have to edit toggle/hold aim and sprint every time I run the game (I like the option set to 'toggle').
    Totally minor bug but it should be fixed.

Thanks

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

Hey there folks.

Sorry to hear this issue has persisted for some of you.

Can I ask you all to try ensuring the game and any launchers you're using are running with admin privileges as well as marked as safe in any AV/Security applications you have running please? After verifying both of these please try saving your settings once again. If the issue still persists after doing so please let us know so we can offer further assistance. Thanks.

Official Response
  • rophuplay
    4 posts
    Hey! Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue with toggle aim settings not saving upon exit.

This sounds like you may need to set your Far Cry 6 config file to read-only. Please launch the game, make the changes to your settings and then the configuration file can be found in the following default path:

That is an incredibly bizarre suggestion, and absolutely will not fix the issue. The problem is that the game does not write these settings to gamerprofile.xml. Setting it read-only would mean that even if you later fixed this problem in the game, it would remain broken for OP as the game couldn't write the preference to the file, since you told him to make it read only. @WFL-GGN , do NOT do this. If you already have, undo it.

@Ubi-Viral the issue is that Far Cry 6 does not write the preference to gamerprofile.xml. Since Far Cry 5 exists, uses the same engine, and *does* correctly write the preference to its gamerprofile.xml, we can study the Far Cry 5 gamerprofile.xml and know that FC6 should be putting WeaponAimType="1" into its gamerprofile.xml, but it does not. Sadly, even manually adding this to FC6's xml doesn't result in the game having toggle aiming, showing that FC6 doesn't read the preference either.

Far Cry 6 needs a fix so that it both writes and then reads this preference (WeaponAimType="1", in ProfileSpecificGameProfile) from gamerprofile.xml - it's not something we can do, and making the file read only is a very wrong solution. While we're at it, the FSR video settings are also not saved.

• ImMyWeapon
    2 posts

Everytime I play I need to enter the controls settings and change aiming from hold to toggle.

• shltdlsturber
    1 posts

I play on PC and prefer to use a toggle setting rather than hold to aim my weapons. The setting does work when switched, however, upon relaunching the game, reverts back to hold. For some reason, that particular setting does not save after closing the game, causing me to always need to switch it back whenever I chose to start it up again. Not sure if other settings have this problem as well, but this one definitely has an issue in that regard.

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

@rophuplay no worries - I'm definitely not doing that. It's a bit.. Absurd 😛

• iamdw
    8 posts

@rophuplay yep. I was wondering why this was happening so I made a copy of gamerprofile.xml, booted up the game and set the aim to toggle, exited the menu to see it was working in game. I then opened the copy profile and the current one working and ran a "diff" to compare the two files for differences in a text application and they were the exact same. So yes, the setting is stored temporarily somewhere while the game runs, but like you said, it does not write or store the value in the gamerprofile.xml .

• hoonose2013
    65 posts

@immyweapon Every time! Also in the advance video settings FSR.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 641 posts

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out about this issue. That it a bit strange. Would it be possible to get a video clip of this so that I can get a better look at what's going on?

Official Response
  • rophuplay
    4 posts

@ubistorm Not OP but also not sure how a video would help you. It's pretty simple - if you set the option for aiming being a toggle action from the (default) hold action, the game will not save it. It will work for that session as the change stays in RAM, but on next launch aiming will be back to the default hold setting.

The game is supposed to write this preference to its "gamerprofile.xml" file, but it doesn't. Since this setting does work in Far Cry 5 and it uses the same engine and gamerprofile.xml system, we can study 5's xml and know that the preference is WeaponAimType="1". Far Cry 6 does not write this to its gamerprofile.xml, and even if you manually add this to it, it won't read it either.

This should be all the info you need to pass to a developer who can fix it. While they're at it, they should check other settings not being saved too. The option for FSR under advanced video settings does not stick either, there may be more.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @rophuplay

Thank you sharing this with us! Can you please confirm if the situation still occurs when you try running your game as administrator? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Marvinn84
    2 posts

@ubi-mark Hi, I'm having same issue with both Aim Type changing from Toggle to Hold (keyboard and mouse) and FSR switching back to OFF, after game restart. I can confirm that running the game as an administrator didn't solve the issue.

Suggested Topics