ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mcnallyo
    Original poster 5 posts

If players are nearby one another traffic disappears in the replay/ photo/ editor mode. Very inconsistent, don't think it used to be like this a year or so back. Stopped making videos because of it.
    Settings are all default in the modes so traffic isn't turned off or anything. I do have more footage if you need any, would be great if fixed as when recording currently in normal gameplay I'd be swerving having close calls with traffic, then when I go into the editor it's just empty streets!

Traffic in the video, 4 cars in front of me, then there's 2 in photo mode, return to free mode, they eventually spawn in. Then 4 cars behind us turns in 0 cars when my friend went into photo mode
    Here's some extra footage side by side comparison. One gameplay, and one of the replay of that gameplay, notice there's no traffic cars in the replay, yet as soon as my friend crashes into a traffic car (at 12 seconds) those one's spawn in (but on rewind it disappears until hit again)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• S5yn3T
    95 posts

@mcnallyo Wrong forum.
    this is The Crew 1 forum, not The Crew 2

• mcnallyo
    Original poster 5 posts

@s5yn3t Oops, thanks. Ubi- Orion has moved it now(also thanks)

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3881 posts

Hey there @mcnallyo ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this!

This is known to the team who are currently investigating and I've passed your report onto them as part of this.

When there's more information available, we'll let you know here!

If there's anything more we can help with, please let us know!

Official Response
  • mcnallyo
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-theberry Thank you, and will do! 🙂

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey @mcnallyo,

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Have a great day

Official Response
  • mcnallyo
    Original poster 5 posts

I have found out what causes the issue, but only the devs can sort it out. Please it's been nearly two years now! How the issue occurs:

If any player is ahead of another player (whether freeroam or event where there's traffic) the player who is ahead is the only one who will be able to see the traffic in the replay. The player(s) behind will not be able to see the traffic in the replay, which causes a few issues if wanting to record videos/ watch back moments or even take photos.
    Issue shown in the video below, where I'm in front of another player instead not the other way round like in the other videos

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@mcnallyo Hi there.

Thank you for forwarding this video on to us, showing what happens to the traffic depending on which player is ahead.

While we don't have any further information we can share with players on this issue at the moment, we can certainly pass your findings on to the team.

If there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Official Response

Suggested Topics