ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Concernedguy
    Original poster 1 posts

My 13 yr old wants to play farcry latest game. I don't playing the games. But i know this game has bad language. Anyone please tell. Me w what is more inside the game other than bad language. Thanks in advance from concerned parents

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• tcarlisle2012
    174 posts

The games rating and statement alongside their rating does a fairly good job of listing out the items that are most likely to be concerning. That would be gun violence, gore, mass murder (just because you play the "good" guy/gal doesn't mean the methods are truly "good"), language, animal abuse, and suicide.

As a parent of two gamers, my personal beliefs are that video games do not turn kids into violent people -- unless there is already an issue at play that affects the person's ability to separate fiction from reality. And in that case, denying access to video games isn't the cure.

• azullFR
    2089 posts

@concernedguy
    in my contry (France) this game is Rated 18+ years old....
    all the things this game has inside cannot easily being explained here : most of them are prohibited by the Ubi Forum's Rules... = https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/110524/forum-rules-and-useful-links/16?lang=en-US
    Sorry to not being able to help more 😞

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

@concernedguy

Just watch some YT vids. Here are a couple to give you an idea:

• rickidoo2010
    128 posts

There's a particular mission in the game that happens to sum it up. In that mission you raid a military resort. In the background is a PA announcement welcoming the "guest" solders. It basically says that at this "resort" military guests are allowed to "fulfill their primal urges". It doesn't list what those are per say, but basically that's what this and any far cry game is - the exercise of "primal urges". Mostly in destruction and violence. Now, just to be clear one is (usually) playing on the side of good. And there is a lot more to this game than simply a violence fest. There's an interesting story that (in my opinion) at a minimum gets one to think about what life would be like living under a ruthless authoritative regime.

Suggested Topics