ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ScreamHamster
    Original poster 1 posts

Since starting up the game after the update, I've encountered this strange glitch that makes the game near impossible to play. When I bring up the weapon wheel and try to select a weapon, instead of being able to hover over and select a weapon, the selection rapidly flickers and then disappears, meaning it's almost impossible to change weapons, equip repair torch, summon vehicle etc. I've uploaded a video to YouTube to reference:

Does anybody else have this? I'm playing on PS5

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2659 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone 🙂 Just a quick update to say that that this issue with the weapon wheel should now be fixed, so please let us know if the issue reoccurs for anyone.

If it does still happen, make sure you've fully updated your console and all its software, you've disconnected the console from the internet for a while to reset its connect (and then check for updates again), and you've power-cycled the console. If the issue then yet persists after those steps, please let us know - ideally together with a screenshot showing which patch version you are on (listed on the main menu after launching the game).

Let me know if there's any thoughts or questions about this at all!

Official Response
  • briskostrich
    2 posts

Is their anyway I can get my weapon wheel working again since I updated the game today it won't allow me to change weapons only with triangle

• ScorcherChamp
    1 posts

I too have this issue on series x, makes the game unplayable, was fine yesterday.

• briskostrich
    2 posts

I've closed game turned ps4 off everything

• SacralLesion
    1 posts

Yes, I now have this issue as well on PS5.

• rgmathias
    1 posts

Updated the game two hours ago and this issue started to happen to me (PS5)

• tysona1
    1 posts

Yes, same issue. Also since update. Played fine...ish yesterday. Also graphics for weapons vanishing, sometimes blank, other times with white squares.

• Bevryche
    1 posts

@rgmathias

Same issue for me since the update on PS4

• thesuicidefox
    11 posts

@screamhamster I got this same issue on Xbox Series X. I reset my controller and it fixed it.

• GhostEagle95
    6 posts

@screamhamster I think this maybe because of the recent update, I'm having the same issue. It was working fine then it started glitching. I tried restarting the game and its still having the same issue. The chat wheel works though

• joywood25
    1 posts

@screamhamster Having the same issue since updating on PS5, no amount of closing the game or restarting my PS5 has fixed it. Came here to attached a clip, appreciate you recording it.

• septiva69
    4 posts

Same here on the PS5

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2659 posts

hey @briskostrich and @septiva69 , thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear there seems to be an issue with the weapon wheel on PS4 and PS5. I'd certainly like to help you get that sorted.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, are you unable to get the weapon wheel to show up at all, and you can only switch between weapons by pressing the button once?

Please see our troubleshooting guides for PS4 and PS5. In particular from these guides, can you do the steps that explain how to make sure your system and all software are fully updated, do a full power cycle (which is different to just restarting the console), and reset your network connection.

Please also see our support article describing how to remap controls. Can you check if your controls are set to default, and if they aren't, try this and see if it fixes the issue? Please then also try switching the weapon wheel bind to something else, temporarily for testing purposes. Does either of those steps make a difference?

Let me know if you've got any questions about these steps at all - I'll keep an eye out for your response 🙂

Official Response
  • batraxos
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    I have the same issue on PS5. Started right after the latest update. Weapons wheel comes up but the selection reticule flickers on and off constantly when trying to choose a weapon. Switching to the "chat" bar and the selection works properly.
    I have not tried any co-op missions. Its all strictly on Single player.

Edit: Reassigning different weapons on a workbench seems to fix the issue

• Kharnige
    1 posts

When accessing the weapon wheel on XBox Series X, it “rattles” and doesn’t allow me to change weapon or call vehicles or anything else shown on that wheel. The same error occurs on the chat wheel.
    I’ve recorded the bug if required, but after restarting the game, the console, and even leaving the console 20 minutes fully powered down, the bug is still there.

• septiva69
    4 posts

@batraxos Yes it is flickering when I try to switch weapons on the wheel. I can only switch with the triangle button.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together a couple of threads about being unable to select a weapon via the weapon wheel into a single thread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. By creating a single thread, it helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble selecting a weapon from the weapon wheel following Title Update 2's release.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you try some basic troubleshooting for your platform. These troubleshooting steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues, such as visual issues.

If the issue continues to persist, it looks like @thesuicidefox and @batraxos were able to find some workarounds that resolved the issue for them in-game. Would you be able to give these steps a try as well:

I got this same issue on Xbox Series X. I reset my controller and it fixed it.
    Reassigning different weapons on a workbench seems to fix the issue

If you are still having difficulty selecting your weapon after trying all of these steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which platform do you play Far Cry 6 on (PC / PlayStation / Xbox)?
    • Is only the weapon wheel affected, or does this issue also affect the chat wheel?
    • Would you be able to provide us a video which demonstrates the issue you've encountered with the wheels?
    • Can you please upload a copy of you save to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread for us to take a closer look at. We can then pass these reports along to the development team for a closer look.

@ScreamHamster - Thanks for sharing a video of the issue you're encountering with the weapon wheel. Can you let us know if you've been able to try any of the troubleshooting steps suggested above?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cactusfool3
    1 posts

@briskostrich
    I was able to fix it temporarily by equipping different weapons through the workbench.

• RMWT13
    6 posts

I've got the same issue on PS5 after today's update. In solo play the weapon wheel jitters as per the OPs video and doesn't allow a weapon to be selected.
    The chat wheel works fine.
    I've tried restarting the game, restarting the PS5, disconnecting / reconnecting the controller. I've also tried some tactics suggested by other posters like changing weapons at a workshop but it's not solved the issue.

• BSG_Athena
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney

I tried everything mentioned here, assigning different weapons, resetting my controller, restarting my system, reinstalling the game.. nothing seems to work and can't play anymore. This has definitely something to do with the patch/update from yesterday.

Suggested Topics