ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kalnon06
    Original poster 11 posts

I haven't done any expeditions in a while but I remember when I first unlocked the expedittions the moral of all of my ships were way higher than they are now. When I recently went to start an expedition they are all down to like 13% or 8% or even less. I thought ships only lose moral during an expedition so my question is what else is affecting that and how do I fix it? It's impossible to start a new expedition now with moral that low, it would never make it. Even loading rations in the ships now has very little affect, like a few percentage points.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    382 posts

@kalnon06
    My guess would be that you are now doing higher levels of expedition than you were are first.
    Expeditions come in three levels of difficulty; one, two and three skulls. Two skull expeditions need higher starting morale than one skull, and three skull higher still. You need much better goods and passengers to get the morale to a level where success is likely.

Take a look at https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Expeditions: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Expeditions)

Also take a look at https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Ship_items: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Ship_items) This shows you the passengers and other items that you can load onto the ship to boost your skills and therefore morale.

• Kalnon06
    Original poster 11 posts

@asterix201252 Thanks for the reply but what I still don't understand why the moral of all my ships are so much lower than they used to be. I only did a few expeditions with a few ships and almost all of my ships are starting off with around 8% when they used to be around 40% thats a huge drop and I don't understand what caused it. And I mean this is before starting an expedition. I understand it drops during the expeditions. Also, I tried a whole bunch of different goods, ones that used to increase the moral a lot now only increase it very little.

• Asterix201252
    382 posts

@kalnon06
    There are a lot of factors involved.

• The level of the expedition. I don't know how far into the game you are, but I suspect that the first few that you did were one skull and now you've got a two skull.
    • The type of ship. Some ships are better suited to some expedition. For example, if your expedition is looking for Naval Power, a good warship (e.g. Ship of the Line) goes a good way to meeting the need
    • The goods on board
    • The items on board.

It's very difficult to explain it properly. Maybe you could attach a screenshot of the screen where you load rations and items?

• Asterix201252
    382 posts

@kalnon06
    Here is an example of what I was talking about. In this set of images, you can see that for a one skull expedition (top row), the ship starts of with Morale of 32%, which rises to 100% when I load those goods and items. For a two skull expedition, the same ship starts at 18%, which only rises to 41% with the same items. Sorry the resolution isn't great, but trust me with the numbers.

Now, if you change the ship, the numbers can go up or down. For example, on the two skull mission, I changed the Frigate to a Ship of the Line. My start Morale changed from 18% to 30% and the loaded Morale change from 41% to 59%. But the SoL has an extra Item slot, so I could actually get it up to 69%.
    Conversely, if I used a Flagship, the start morale goes down to 14% but the loaded goes up slightly to 42%.

• Kalnon06
    Original poster 11 posts

@asterix201252 Thank you I understand now that part but I still am confused because your frigate you said is starts off, before loading anything, with 32% but my frigate starts out at 18%. It used to be higher but all my ships are lower than they used to be.

• Asterix201252
    382 posts

@kalnon06

For a one skull it starts at 32% (top row). For a two skull, it starts at 18% (bottom row). I suspect that you have a two skull expedition. See red rings on the pictures on the left. It's not great resolution but on the top only one skull shows as white, on the bottom two skulls show as white. These represent the expedition difficulty.

• Kalnon06
    Original poster 11 posts

@asterix201252 Ok now I fully understand. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.

• Asterix201252
    382 posts

@kalnon06
    You're welcome

• usafirefly7
    54 posts

@kalnon06 Asking the same still why my $$ went to zero in short time when I tried this game out with Ubisoft +. Even though great sale today Black Friday -- I think I'll pass.

Suggested Topics