ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Z-Boy
    Original poster 5 posts

So this is my first main entry Far Cry game and tbh, I really enjoyed it. Because of this, I decided to give the older games a try and see what they're all about, currently juggling between 3 and 5 now hoping post master and NG+ are on the way. I'm gonna be bias about 6 being my favorite because I really do love some of the stuff that was implemented such as the outfit system where you can receive bonuses depending on what piece you're using and supremos. While I think the game is great it does have some very noticeable flaws and questionable design choices

[Rank System is irrelevant after a certain level]

So upon reaching level 9 or level 10, the ranks are pretty useless. Each time you level up, it'll tell you that there is new weapon and gear at the store but there are no new items for sale. It feels like a discount version of FC3 new that I think about it

[Wildlife is severely under utilized]

Investing some time into FC3, the wildlife is amazing. There was a sense of progression you hunt x for upgrades like increasing your backpack storage/ammo capacity/amount of syringes you can hold. There was also a healthy variety of animals you'd encountered ranging from a bear to a dingo to komodo dragon. In FC6, it really feels like there's no meat in its wildlife, sure you could hunt them for materials but you easily stumble into materials into this game that trading in animal pelt is just icing on the cake. It's strange that there are also no snakes in this game despite it's setting is tropical.

[The gear system is incredible but wasn't well thought out]

I love the outfit system but the devs could've did a MUCH better job in handling their balancing from gear to gear. For example, Parkour gear is probably the most used set in the game because of their speed, especially the shoes which is fine, but then they failed to do a good job at making other shoes at least look appealing to use bonus wise. Marksman shoes you will get a movement boost after headshotting an enemy but the buff CANNOT be refreshed so you have to wait until it completely go away in order to proc it again. Personally, I think any shoe that grants you a movement buff should be greatly increased instead of being a regular increase to balance the fact that these are temporary buffs that are required to be maintained by the player at all times in comparison to Parkour. The Steel Shoes that are currently in the Black Market seems to have the right idea. Like I said, I enjoy the system but they didn't do a good job with it on the balance side of things.

[Not enough supremos and resolver weapons]

I guess you could say this is in conjunction with the rank complaint, it really feels like there should've been more options from these 2 if they're gonna make a leveling system that goes all the way to 20 /21 but stop rewarding you around 9 or 10. Resolver slingshot would be neat or a supremo that turns you temporarily invisible and disengages you from combat, hell just say Juan got his hands on a piece of ghost tech or something idc but there really need to be more options.

[Doesn't make sense I can't quick select my gadgets without using the weapon wheel menu on controller]

I rarely use my Dpad for anything anyway, at least give me the option to quick swap gadgets like you can on KB. Even if I had to use it for something like say my phone or w/e, I can just enable that to be a hold function instead of press.

[The toggle between using canted sight and scope is very clunky]

In Breakpoint, if I were to say go straight into ADS from crosshair or switching aiming mode in general it felt very responsive. In Far Cry 6, it's very sluggish and doesn't make sense why I have to be fully scoped in or ADS on my canted sight before I get to use the other aiming option instead of being able to swap on demand. I started using the SVD over the .308 for this particular reason.

[Sniper Rifles should be killing dogs in 1 shot and doing massive damage to bigger predators]

This is really self explanatory, I can kill a dog in 1 shot in FC3 how did we go from that to them being spongy as hell in the 6th game? But somehow, throwing knives can kill a dog in 1 hit and does massive damage to giant animals...

[Mastery 2 and 3 shouldn't be having sponge enemies at all]

This right here is really silly, I'm using techmaster pants which increases my C4 and proximity mine damage and hostiles can survive a explosion to the face.... why? ONCE AGAIN, throwing knives can make quick work of these guys but my explosives can't. Enemies SHOULD NOT be able to survive a C4 explosion when it's right on them. That alone right there just damages different ways to play the game and AP rounds should just be the solution to everything.

[Completing a mission or entering a new region shouldn't disable your hud]

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I played tons of open world games and RPGs that involves completing a quest and they're weren't atrocious compared to this game.

All in all, I love the game, there are just some incredibly stupid and baffling decisions that I can't understand why the devs did what they did, the game could be so much better but it held back by questionable design choices. I look forward to the future updates and really hope they can turn this game around for the better, I think the game has potential.

Thanks for reading.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

@z-boy
    The bullet sponginess is one of the most annoying design traits of Ubisoft. In FC4 you could fire an AK47 at a honey badger and it kept coming at you (unless you got direct head shot). Now in their newer games they even have bullet sponge human enemies. Its one of the worst aspects of game design and I wish they would stop doing it.

Suggested Topics