ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Valinari
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello,

I am on PC, and was playing tonight. I found the snitch, who gave me the location for Cassie Mendoza. I made my way to the church basement, and when I clicked on Cassie, she had nothing for sale. I reset control points, found her, with same result. Tried changing my map difficulty, went back, same result. I logged out of the game, then logged back in, went to her, same result. Here is an image. I have done the bounty before, so did not do it tonight before going to see Cassie. It seems this was a problem in the past with this location.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JoeFerro.
    50 posts

Hey,

same problem here, but fast travel to next Safehouse or Mainmission nearby and walking back helps me. After this the Items are available.

Try it 😈

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2336 posts

@valinari @JoeFerro Hey! Thank you for reporting this issue with Cassie Mendoza not having any items for sale. Thank you for the image it is greatly appreciated.

This is a known issue and the game team would like to know the following:

Were you in another player's session when you interacted with Cassie Mendoza?
    Did you finish the bounty from the Snitch before you interacted with her?
    Did you have some misleading information from the Snitch regarding Cassie Mendoza?

Thank you and we look forward to your replies.

Official Response
  • Valinari
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-viral Hello, thanks for responding.

Here are the answers to your questions:
    1) I was not in another player's session, I was playing solo.
    2) I did not finish the bounty when I first dealt with Cassie. I went directly from the Snitch to Cassie's location, but I did pick up the bounty. After my first interaction with Cassie, I did go and complete the bounty. After the bounty I went back but she did not have loot. I have completed the Snitch's bounty in the past, and have not had a problem with Cassie before now.
    3) I did not have misleading information from the Snitch. He gave me the location, which is in the church basement in the West End.

EDIT - UPDATE: I was just playing the game (Thursday, 4 - 5 pm Central Time USA) and went looking to see if anything had changed. The "shopping cart" icon was missing from the map. Note that yesterday the Snitch had directed me to the West End, and I found Cassie in the basement of the church. Today, the icon was missing, so I went to the Snitch again. He then directed me to a new location in Judiciary Square. Cassie is closed now till tomorrow, but has changed location. So I suppose you could say that yes, the Snitch did give me misleading information yesterday, though Cassie was at the location he sent me to.

In response to JoeFerro, I did go to a safehouse after visiting Cassie, and went back, but there was still no items. As I indicated in my first post, I also tried re-setting control points, and changing my world difficulty before going back to Cassie. She still did not have any items for sale.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing back.

• JoeFerro.
    50 posts

Hey,

• I was in my own session. (softcore)
    • Found Snitch, but at the time when i found snitch, Cassie wasnt already on her place. Cassie arrives in xxxxx h. Cant really remeber but it was more than 1Day and xxx h when she arrives.
    • So that one Day later i visit her on the place which i could see before on the map.
    • Didn´t do that bounty. Also didn´t collect it.
    • Whenever i have this problems with no items, for my it helps to fast travel to a checkpoint or mainmission as mentioned. After this i could see her offered items.
    Did you have some misleading information from the Snitch regarding Cassie Mendoza? Hm ? No ? What do yu mean with that?

Thx. For your help.
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey there guys,

Thank you for getting back to us @JoeFerro , @Valinari and sorry for our delays!

I've passed your responses onto the game team as they continue to look into this.

We'll let you know if there's more information we need or if there's any news!

Official Response
  • HaywardGG
    95 posts

This was happening in a previous build when that freezing bug was also introduced. I'm telling you, they've re-used a whole bunch of dodgy broken code!

This will all go away when they switch out the re-run ... mark my words 😉

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Thanks for commenting on this issue haywardgb.

If you have noticed this recently in your game, would you also be able to tell us the following our QA team has inquired >

• Were you in another player's session when you interacted with Cassie Mendoza?
    • Did you finish the bounty from the Snitch, before you interacted with her, as sometimes the bounty has been known to fail, but Cassie can still be contacted?

Official Response
  • N7.Lemon
    14 posts

this happens to me most often on my hardcore characters.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1490 posts

@n7-lemon Hello there.

Thanks for letting us know you also appear to have this issue, and more frequently with hardcore characters.

Would you be able to answer the questions asked in Ubi-Milky's post, so that we can pass the details on to our game team?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • N7.Lemon
    14 posts

@ubi-milky I have not had the issue happen for the past 3 or so weeks, but I remember it happening more often beforehand. If it failed in my friend's session, I would just leave and check my own, however the problem remained. Some of my favorite content has to do with the secret vendor (also the DZ secret vendor when that was a thing) so I like to check around for the snitch on reset tuesdays so I can share the location on the maps of my team mates as well. Rather than complete the bounties, I just accept them and then abort them in the map menu, thus saving them for later when I have time to complete them.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this @n7-lemon , appreciate it!

We'll let the team know and should the issue crop up again for you, please let us know so we can keep them in the loop.

Official Response

Suggested Topics