ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PiLi-
    Original poster 16 posts

will it be on steam?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@pili no announcement has been made.

• xcel30
    640 posts

Highly doubt , ubisoft wants to add NFTs and others features for their games which steam just vetoed, while i dont think that heartlands will have them, more that ubi and steam are not aligned enough to sell the same games

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@xcel30 not having to give Valve 30% of their micro-transaction revenue is probably why it won't appear on steam. There is no indication that Heartland will be joining the NFT stupidity.

On a side note, EA is also dipping its toes into NFT stupidity, so I wouldn't expect those to be heading to steam either https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-calls-nft-and-blockchain-games-the-future-of-our-industry/

• SuspiciousPixel
    182 posts

I hope Heartlands is released and doesn't turn up like Codename Nightmare (Canned)

• XMdead
    144 posts
    I hope Heartlands is released and doesn't turn up like Codename Nightmare (Canned)

I fear that it will end up canned. The vast majority of Division players are PvE, not PvP and yet it looks like Heartland will be pure PvP. Add to that the flakey implementation of cover-shooter mechanics implemented in what is likely to be a forested area not naturally suited for the types of cover that work... and the result is something that I am very skeptical of.

Maybe if they remove the "stick to cover", add a proper crouch that adapts to cover, maybe a prone, and add a solid PvE element that does not require also doing PvP and it might turn out to be a success. But I fear those things are very unlikely to happen.

• xcel30
    640 posts

@xmdead well that one footage showed purely PVE game mode and crouching

• XMdead
    144 posts
    @xmdead well that one footage showed purely PVE game mode and crouching

Now I am thoroughly confused. Everything I'd read said pure free-to-play PvP.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@xmdead there are supposed to be two modes - PvE and PvEvP, both co-op (link does not contain any leaked footage).
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-05-15-leaked-the-division-heartland-gameplay-warns-closed-test-players-not-to-leak-the-game

• LateNiteDelight
    977 posts

@xmdead that's XDefiant

• chacachaca88
    25 posts

@pili I would say no. Steam also has a solid way of tracking player activity and metrics is a scary thing to companies with faltering sales and player counts. Combine that with them forcing their dev teams to push NFT's into games... Yea, I don't see them pushing new titles going forward towards steam.

Suggested Topics