ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Raleigh1002
    2 posts

Guys...

IT'S HAPPENING!

"Patch notes: -Added a franchise menu -Enabled higher frame rate when running on a PlayStation 5 console
    They think it could be added to the game next week. Either way, the patch is happening soon, same for Xbox I’d imagine"

• muhammedtutar
    8 posts

Here is a tweet about Xbox patch. Is that confirmed?

• Hutchguv
    7 posts

@muhammedtutar

thanks for posting this as I do t really follow Twitter

I have both game pass and the Xbox disc for origins so I'll start replaying as soon as the patch is done

im also pleased it seems they are doing it for bot series x and ps5 so no one gets left out

As an aside been replaying Valhalla on ps5 as I just bought the dawn of ragnarok expansion and I have noticed that despite the ps5 having Variable Refresh Rate added in firmware and ticking the box to enable vrr unpatched games I still get the odd screen tear when frames are dropped playing AC Valhalla

maybe not the best place to ask, but anyone else have that on ps5?

if that vrr unpatched games thing doesn't work I think I'll buy most games on the series x from now on, unless the PS5 version has any benefits

I think I prefer the Xbox controller too

The only way the ps5 improves over series X for me is native background music playing from a usb stick whilst gaming. Series has an non-official app that does it, but it's limited compared to the ps app

apologies if most of this post is mostly off topic, but pleased to know that the 60fps patch is almost there

looks like the next few weeks is tied up for me with Dawn Of Ragnarok and replaying origins

ill probably buy the origins DLC too Any opinions on that?

• goldcoasttanner
    1 posts

@hutchguv I've read that the Origins DLC is really good. I have it myself but have been holding off playing it waiting for this 60 FPS patch.

Think I'll do a full game replay first though, as it's been over 2 years since I played Origins, as it was such a good game.

• Bl1ndm4n
    5 posts

does anyone know when exactly this patch is gonna drop? the same time for PS5 and Xboxes? I was curious and installed Origins on my PS5 this morning, but there is no patch so far, version downloaded from PSN is 1.44

• PSYCHOxxx69
    5 posts

@bl1ndm4n nobody knows nothing is official patch could be coming in June that's what I saw today reading some comments

• Bl1ndm4n
    5 posts

@psychoxxx69 that sucks bro. Thanks for info anyways.

• bassregenerator
    4 posts

Official AC account on twitter just confirmed the FPS boost happening on June 2nd. So a few days away I believe.

• muhammedtutar
    8 posts

Finally!

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Howdy, folks 🙂

As many of you have spotted already, we just yesterday announced our 60 FPS boost for Origins, on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles. See the tweet for further details, and let us know if there's any questions.

Official Response
  • bassregenerator
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney Many thanks Ubi! I got Odyssey to sate that 60fps experience, and while it is a highly enjoyable experience on the Series X no less, I still prefer Origins. The music and specific geographic exploration just does it!

I consider this a solid and am not complaining in the least. 👍

Hope all is well

• Maledicus
    69 posts

Many thx@Ubisoft, this is what i hoped for! Cannot wait to play the game ... finaly👍

• Hutchguv
    7 posts

At long last

will be updating at 1 or 2pm uk time hopefully

might have a quick go just to enjoy the 60fps I've been waiting for all these months

have bought Dawn of Ragnarok in the mean time so will finish up this first before fully committing to Origins

Its funny, I Have Game pass for the series X and a PS5 full of games and all I ever seem to play or replay is Assassins Creed games for the past year

I just love that open world gameplay, I spend more time exploring than I do completing missions

Im 52 and retired and these games fill me with such a sense of wonder I feel like I my younger 13 year old nerd

Anyway after all my moaning about the delayed patch, I am grateful we get this for free, it was just the lack of info that was frustrating

• Mufster67
    2 posts

Thank you Ubisoft. I had a good ol' moan about this a few pages back. I love exploring the huge game world. It helps that the theme is something I can't get enough of. Egypt, Pharaoh's, Pyramids. I'm 55 and this game just ticks all the boxes. After playing this type of game for about 40 years, I can honestly call it best in class. Can't wait to play this 60 fps update. I'm so grateful to Ubisoft.

• bully365
    37 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • bully365
    37 posts

Level of detail issues are there again with this update. 

why do updates always seem to break games? 

They already removed the original lighting back in 2018 with an update.

• nato9cura
    2 posts

How do you guys like the new update on this game?

• SVasilev
    2 posts

Thanks for the patch Ubisoft ♥ - I haven't tested it on PS5 yet but I hope it runs smoothly.

That being said I am also a bit disappointed by how this whole 60FPS update was handled by the PR and Marketing team.
    First, it was announced that this patch was coming with no ETA which was okay. Then people started flooding this forum and the official answer from Ubisoft for the past 6 months was "We don't have any further details". While, in reality, the development state of the patch was 100% available internally at Ubi - you just didn't want to communicate it (or weren't allowed to) here in the forums or elsewhere.
    Finally, after 6 months of people asking questions, you have "further details" which are the actual release of the patch.

Please, next time go that extra mile of effort to communicate better with your most valuable asset - the player base. I know you can do better than that and you've shown it throughout the years 🙂

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Heya there @bully365 , glad to hear you've tried the update - but it sounds like you've not been pleased with it 😞 I'd like to pass your feedback on about this. Can you give me some examples of where the level of detail could be better? Ideally, it's be great to have some screenshots. Here's our screenshots guide, and the resulting images can be added to a response here in the forum thread using the little image icon above the post edit box.

Howdy also to @SVasilev - thanks for your feedback on this! We do what we can to announce things as soon as we're able, but I appreciate that we could absolutely be better with this, and we'll keep your feedback in mind. I hope you've been enjoying the patch 🙂

Official Response
  • Bifur-1969
    2 posts

@ubi-keo I need help a few day ago on June 27th I retired Far Cry 4 from Prime Gaming but still today June 30th I don't see it in my library of Ubisoft Connect, what should i do?

Suggested Topics