ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lochjock
    Original poster 2 posts

Since the update I have the following issues;

1. Game takes a very long time to load and starts with a black screen. Pressing Esc will allow me to enter the game.
    2. The Menu wheel has now replaced the weapons and items with white boxes which can't be selected.
    3. The map system no longer shows what facilities are at a camp.
    4. When at a workbench the weapons / mods are not showing.
    5. When trying to purchase at a bench there is no reference to what you have in your inventory.

The game is now unplayable and I have switched it off. Until there is a fix, that's the way it will stay.

I have to say that 40 hours in the game and I didn't have one issue until this 'patch' royally screwed things.

0 stars.....Must try harder Ubisoft!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WID992007
    126 posts

@lochjock verify your game files yet ?

sounds like you have a bad install ? did the patch here on PC last night

loaded up UBI CONNECT (let it update FC 6 ) and everything works fine when the game said it needed a patch i went and cooked dinner ..walked away from my PC them when it was done loaded the game .. works fine

so yes verify your game files FIRST after any PATCH

• PsychoFlip87
    1 posts

exactly the same was with me. I'm reinstalling it ...I hope things will go better then.

• WID992007
    126 posts

@psychoflip87 also after the patch check your settings for some odd reason it set mine a bit lower saw a bit of stutter and re enabled DXR shadows on my rtx 3060 and the FSR also went to off .. reenabled it and i just played everything is fine in 1080 P ..everything on max settings

intel i 5 7600K @ 4.4ghz on all cores
    ASUS Z 270 H main board
    16 gig of crucial SPORT RAM in dual channel
    EVGA RTX XC 3060 gaming 12 gig
    samsung EVO SSD drive
    win 10 Pro

no stutter and the game runs smooth ..but it always booted............. if your game does not load at all, YES that's usually a bad install or some back round app you may have running the game hates

always verify your game install after any large patch and yes redo your vid settings in game as well as check to make sure your driver and windows are up to date //i do and prefer use an older Nvidia driver

current driver for my 3060 = 471.12
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/180558/

• Grisdale1969
    1 posts

I verified my patch before using but it will not start at all since the patch. I only have limited time to play and its broken....thanks. I try to start and the splash screen comes up then I get the send crash report.

• WID992007
    126 posts

@grisdale1969 [b]Additionally, for other issues you may wish to look into, that may be the cause of your problem ...[/b] 

[b]Please see the Ubisoft Support Troubleshooting page here and please go through the steps provided [/b]
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/troubleshooting-technical-issues-on-pc/000061047

[b]If you still have an issue, Please Contact Ubisoft Support Directly.
    you can do so from that above LINKED page .. or here...to open a support ticket / case [/b]
    https://support.ubi.com

• Lochjock
    Original poster 2 posts

@wid992007 I didn't even know verifying the files was a thing. That's now scanning them.

The install for the patch went through without any issue. It was after it finished then the game was broken. I will post if the verify sorts it, thank you

Suggested Topics