ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• The_Durk_Knight
    Original poster 1 posts

Just finished Far Cry 6 (PC) and wanted to put my thoughts here for sake of future titles: Not a fan of FC6.

1. Biggest gripe is the whole gear system. It's incredibly annoying to switch gear every time I want to do a different aspect of the game. Just have it be unlocks again where XP is more meaningful and can feel like I'm working towards something.
    2. FC6 felt like a shill to today's big issues/views. I get it. You're OK with gay/trans people.
    3. Story was pretty "meh". Felt the protagonist's choices were meaningless and just not that gripping.
    4. No idea what's going on with the climbing/ledges but it was very annoying to get around in this game. Maybe it was more of a bug/glitch issue. Just know it hurt my experience.
    5. The supremos were a nice addition. Unfortunately, I didn't use anything besides the Triador once I found it since it's incredibly overpowered. I'm all for getting a power kick eventually but not like this. Tone back the power so doesn't feel like there's only one real choice.

Overall not a fan of the game and hope the future titles go back to where FC3-5 (excluding Primal) systems. Love the series. This was too much change in a negative direction.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• PlebNC
    11 posts

@the_durk_knight

1. I feel the gear system would benefit from being able to create loadout sets. That way you could at least switch the entire loadout at once instead every single piece of gear individually. I do like the gear as an alternative to skill trees as players now have to make trade-offs for skill tree like abilities, e.g. do you want more defence or the ability to takedown alerted enemies from the front?
    2. I appreciate them being aware of modern issues. I don't think they fit into a game set in a dictatorship. Dictators typically are racist, yet half of Castillo's army is female? Pretty woke dictator for a guy ok with poisoning his own people and grooming his own son.
    3. I haven't finished the story but found it a bit meh too. Didn't appreciate how on the boat ride from Tutorial Island to Libertad HQ they acknowledge the cycle of violence, power vacuums and inefficiencies of revolutions but just sweep that morally interesting topic under the rug as being tomorrow's problem. Can't let the protagonists be ethically complex, can we?
    4. As for the ledges I think it's because there's a bunch of ledges that look climbable but aren't and when you reach a ledge you want to jump toward it to save time but the game forces you to stand beneath the ledge first so the "Press Jump to Climb" prompt pops up. Ironically this feature exists in game already for certain ledges that the game requires you to jump towards. Why it wasn't applied to all ledges I don't know.
    5. I found Supremos to be either super OP or super ineffective regardless of being upgraded. Assuming they even work. The first one you get (the artillery strike one) is OP against anything but often despite being at foes often doesn't actually hit them. The EMP one doesn't create a big enough EMP to reach choppers and can be outperformed by chucking an EMP grenade instead. The poison one are the same hit or miss issue the artillery one has with bonus of not doing much damage, the poison clouds being tiny and enemies often don't frenzy (I get poison has a chance to frenzy enemies but it really needs to be guaranteed if it's inflicted by a Supremo).

Overall I find it a very mixed bag. There's some good stuff but also bad stuff. A lot of missed opportunities and a struggle with identity as it tries to appease both gritty immersion loving players like me who consider Far Cry 2 the series highpoint and people who prefer the Far Cry 3 onwards games that were more silly power fantasy experiences. Ubisoft is trying to be a jack of all trades and mastering none. It's a weird mediocrity where it's not bland, but it's not trash nor achieves anything truly great.

• ExpertPegasus41
    8 posts

Agree, not a fan either. FC5 wasn't that great, New Dawn was better and leaves an open. I didn't kill the "bear" in the cave at the end, just left and went back to raiding outposts over and over seeing how fast I could kill all of the guards or the least amount of shots it takes.
    FC6 has no direction, many times I can't talk to any leader and they wont talk so I leave and go shoot the army riding around on horseback. If it isn't a mission there is no one at buildings.
    The people on these islands can't drive for [censored], I watched 5-6 just turn right and slam into this big rock, get stuck on the curb and drive around and around in circles hitting the big rock over and over.

• Borkaman87
    36 posts

this community puts more into gameplay innovation than the profit obsessed at the ubi board ever have- it's been a decade since fC3, yet gameplay and movement mechanics haven't change one fkn bit. Pathetic.

• DV20Katana
    163 posts

Same, comments before me have said it all so I cant add much.

So I will just say that this game feels like a Just Cause 4 expansion. It does not remotely feel like a FC game.

I feel the Far Cry "atmosphere" is only present in FC1,2,3 & 4. After that 5, ND and 6 kinda lost their way (well thats how I feel) and strayed from the FC vibe.

• Sleezure
    139 posts

@the_durk_knight You can seemingly hump your entire wardrobe and every weapon you own around Yara all the time. But to load a different type of ammunition into a weapon, you need to stop and find a work bench. Still waiting for the developers to explain that logic.

• DV20Katana
    163 posts

@sleezure
    Absolutely ridiculous how they come up with a game mechanic like that. Its just an excuse to "make work" pointless work. But yes let them carry all the cosmetics & an entire armory around.

Suggested Topics