ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 8 Likes/39 Replies/1096 Views
    leroy198532
    Original poster 32 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• PlebNC
    11 posts

@leroy198532 El Tigre, male leader of The Legends, joined the chat.

• anteronoid
    29 posts

@leroy198532 Who cares. You sound like the Incels.

• JohnnyBravo733
    3 posts

@leroy198532 As someone else stated, who cares? It's a game; don't like the setup, then don't play it instead of whining about it. Also, it seems you must have some kind of inferiority against women. Might want to get that checked out🤣

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

I find the entitled insecurity of this thread ridiculous.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

@plebnc hahah "Hey gravity, [censored] youuuu" hahahah

• fuzzymonkeyguy6
    1 posts

@leroy198532 Sounds like a man, I mean boy who has been ignored by women his entire life. Anti-women=total virgin. Yeah now I get it, you're the actual definition of misogyny.

• Arramon777
    29 posts

I don't know....I love playing female characters over male characters first. =b
    But in the easier modes. I usually play the guy character in the harder modes. Oops! Did I say that out loud? Oh wait... I meant to. 😃

• Ingvark226
    27 posts

@leroy198532 Women leaders are fine with me, but then let them show a kind-hearted and compassionate intelligent person with mature principles, and not all this moral hysteria, does anyone really know or care that there are bravehearted wise women in the history of mankind, for example, in the northern tradition, the role of women as part of spiritual culture is very great, Women rule in the history of Europe .....? I will bring here only Eleanor, the mother of King Richard, the wife of King Henry II, a weighty historical and political figure both france and England

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@ingvark226 It is pure fantasy world and games and other media love to push it. TV commercials have been doing it for years with the "dumb male and woman comes to the rescue routine". Same trope, different media.

• Ingvark226
    27 posts

@madhawk80 films commercials and other media just take it to another level of ugly grotesque from time to time and then in my humble opinion that uglyness transfers itself into culture to apply new role in new society consciousness 

• Madhawk80
    122 posts

@fuzzymonkeyguy6 Leroy sounds like a realist, you sound like an ideolog.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

I see a lot of discussion about all the female characters in the story, and while I may not agree with their specific concerns (and to be honest, biases and in some cases prejudices), the situation does beg the question as to whether such a seemingly inordinate % of females are possible in a Latin based revolution on a small island that has been ravaged by a brutal dictator and before that, years and years of being cut off from the world.

The example of Israel comes to mind. They are not on a physical island, but they most certainly are on a cultural island with plenty of surrounding and nearby countries that would like to wipe them from planet earth. They conscript women along with men for one simple reason - they need all the bodies they can. According to one article I read, today about 25% of all officers in their military are women. Career officers are not, so far as I know, conscripted.

Israel started to encourage female military personnel since 1948.... the US... dare I say... MUCH later. Said another way, they have a long history of including females in their military. In FC 6 we learn that some of the female leaders were themselves in the military at one point.

Now 25% is not the solid 50% or so we see in FC 6 - but there we see a government that drafted its population to work the fields and factories. The "draft" is demonstrated in the first few scenes of the game and mentioned again as well as demonstrated a number of times through the story. It is plausible that the male population - over the years as well in recent years has been disproportionately ripped from society.

Lastly, we aren't privy to what castile did when he first entered office. Did he suddenly arrest the male revolutionaries before they had a chance to react? We don't know, it isn't spoken about, but it's entirely plausible. Authoritarian leaders go after their adversaries with abandon. This would leave a disproportionate number of females.

Who knows for sure if what I said above is fully true for FC 6, but it is at least a plausible explanation for the observed female leadership numbers in the game.

One of course can come up with their own theory - UBI is pushing a liberal narrative, women have taken over UBI, etc. And if that is what you believe then that is what you believe. But for me, I'd rather adopt what I believe is a plausible explanation that supports the overall narrative of the game. After all, it's a game, not an analysis of an actual government.

If anyone has actually read my rather long post my hats off and I thank you!

• Netspook
    344 posts
    @leroy198532 Sounds like a man, I mean boy who has been ignored by women his entire life. Anti-women=total virgin. Yeah now I get it, you're the actual definition of misogyny.

No.

This is about the US/Canadian situation, where mainly females (but also gays / lesbians / transes / gender-neutrals / whatever) is the norm, and being male barely is anymore. And that games, especially Ubi's, are starting to really suffer because of this bs, imo.

I'm not anti-women, not at all, and I doubt the OP is either. But forcing this unrealistic pro-everything-female bs on us, putting females in historical settings where they weren't at all, that doesn't sit well with me either because it's all political.

And btw, if you can't discuss without childish assumptions about whoever you disagree with, I suggest you leave it with that single post of yours.

• Netspook
    344 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Netspook
    344 posts
    @SofaJockey I find the entitled insecurity of this thread ridiculous.

Said the one who attacked every single criticism in the Breakpoint forum before moving here.

• phxrider
    68 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ingvark226
    27 posts

@phxrider   Exactly! thats correct just give right product for the right customer and they will stack up your sales no matter the cost thats why i bought far cry 2 long ago, maybe an ages past from now in my sense and i will bought a remastered version of it if it will be as good as original 60 bucks 80? i am okay with that. Again that's my choice as a consumer

• SofaJockey
    372 posts
    it's a game, not an analysis of an actual government.

Exactly this. There haven't been enough interesting female characters in games, if that means there is a slight over-correction here, that's fine and nothing to get in a stew about.

• phxrider
    68 posts

@sofajockey I'm usually having too much fun killing bad guys and blowing [censored] up to care about the gender of the NPCs. In fairness though, the same applies in reverse, I mostly DGAS in FC6 either. That said, FC4 had a few good female characters without making half of the fighting force into women.

Suggested Topics