ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LinkZeppeloyd
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey all, first post but I've been watching some of these threads since I have similar problems.

Background: For me the benchmark looked and ran great. The game... wow. Just so cringey for some reason, parts are photorealistic and other blurry and cartoonish. Mashed together the effect was jarring. Also, it massively had the problem from FC4 of texture stream stuttering, or whatever its called. I call it "moving or panning at 110fps gsync manages to look like a 30fps slide show" effect. Anyway, then that new 11/2 patch came along and i don't know if it was this way pre patch. I also get the blurry image at the edge of the screen, even using no AA and 1.3 rez scale at 1440p.

Patch Effect: When the patch downloaded, it corrupted my game. I couldn't launch it. So, I verified game files, which took a very long time (I could have easily downloaded the whole game much faster). But, it repaired many errors, and then the game launched. I only use toggle aim in FPS because im A) on PC, and B) sane and i don't want arthritis. The patch... fixed the toggle aim not saving bug! I was surprised. But it got me looking at the GRAPHICS SETTINGS!

Graphics: So, I hated the way it looked yesterday, but last night I tinkered and it looked better than FC5 and ran as well. How? Well, as far as I can see, the graphics settings are just wrong. For example, for me, High is clearly superior to Ultra. Look at the little preview window. High is clear and perfect, Ultra is BLURRY AND CRAP! Then, for me, Shadows on LOW is far superio to Ultra. And Geometry and Vegetation on LOW are far Superior to Ultra! Environment, Water, Terrain and especially Vol Fog all remain at Ultra, as I think those are correct.

Other in-game settings: Vsync OFF (my monitor is Gsync which means vsync and gsync are both ON in nvcp, and OFF in game, this is crucial), AA OFF (any smaa, taa, or using FXR will blur your image to death) motion blur off, HD textures off , no DXR or FX resolution stuff. NO frame cap, since im using gsync. Resolution scale at base is way too low, I set mine to 1.5 and it looked good but ran at 80-90 fps. I set it to 1.3 and it still looks very good but at 100+ almost constantly. I also disabled uplay overlay.

One note, I prefer a crisp image. So no AA, since this game doesn't have real AA, only blur filters. Which are awful in this game. Same goes for the AMD resolution tech, just don't use it. AA off, and increase resolution scale instead for crisp image.

My rig: 10900k at 4.8 all cores under custom loop, RTX3080FE, 32GB 3600, 2tb Sam 970 m.2, Windows 10

And it finally looks great and runs well! The stuttery "texture streaming" issue isn't 100% gone, but its 90% mitigated. Its barely noticeable, a huge improvement from a day ago. The image looks clean and clear and beautiful and it's all meshed together, unlike pre-changes where it looked like a puzzle put together with pieces from 2021 and pieces from 2006 badly mashed together. I never got the auto save stutter issue, but im early game so who knows.

So- was it the patch? Or the verifying game files (everyone should just do this post any patch lol!) Or am i correct that some of the settings are flat out mislabled in the menu and you need to look a the preview image to see what's best with your own eyes. Easy example is, Ultra Vol Fog looks soooooo much better than high. And yet "high" texture filtering looks soooooooooooo much better than blurry Ultra!

And one final question: is it possible that the settings aren't "mislabled" and that Ubi apparently thinks things look better all... blurry?? Cuz for me shadows and geo/vege look 10x better on "low."

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Monitor is 32" 144hz Gsync. And It helped my Image quality in game to lower contrast to 40 or 45 and up Gamma to 55ish.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics