ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MrGrippz
    Original poster 62 posts

Plz make Gryphon's hyper armor activate immediately in his finisher heavies. Give him the Raider treatment. He needs a lil love since his last nerf.

I know alotta chars need some quality of life updates but hopefully it comes soon! Game will go down the tubes if you wsit AN ENTIRE SEASON to drop stuff like the Shinobi rework.

If you dont want your game to die you gotta update on a better schedule!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    327 posts

Gryphon is an interesting topic. He was nerfed only because of the huge outcry within the community that he is OP and "monkey brain". Which is just a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I get that the devs are trying to listen to the community and there is nothing wrong with that, but the changes they made to Gryphon are a bit rushed and not well thought out. I'm sure that without so many people complaining about him, he would have remained unchanged.

He should get back the old input window on his dodge attack, right now it just feels terrible. Plus, Kensei has exactly the same dodge attack as Gryphon did just with a different animation. Kensei has been Swift Striking everybody since the launch of For Honor, however that dodge attack is unchanged to this day.
    Furthermore, Gryphon should also be able to chain on a missed forward dodge bash and his forward dodge heavy should be feintable.

• ThE_Invaders
    1 posts

@csodaszarvas_g they should fix he's hyper armor and make it like raider because it's like it's not there, and he's forward dodge light should be enhanced and the bash is too slow like 300ms to active to most top player it's reactable and you can't chain after a miss so easy punish he really didn't deserve the nerf they really should restore gryphon to its former state.

• Brandarsson
    175 posts

I've recently been playing Gryphon quite a bit and, despite the residual negative sentiment around him, I've found him quite enjoyable.

As for the suggestions here:

• Disagree with changing his side dodge attack. As far as I can see, it is the same as Kensei's, just 2 damage less.
    • Disagree with changing his bashes; they are likewise cast-standard speeds and fine.
    • Agree with making forward dodge light enhanced. This would help his flow a bit.
    • Agree that forward dodge heavy should be feintable (hard feint, that is). I didn't actually know it wasn't, it seems intuitive that it should be.

Beyond that, I'm neutral on making his bash chain on whiff and earlier HA on heavy finishers.

Overall, he feels like he's in a pretty good place already.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    327 posts

@brandarsson

Gryphon's side dodge attack WAS the same as Kensei's before his nerf. Now it's two less damage and can't be delayed. The input window on Gryphon's dodge attack is restricted to 300ms into the dodge, whereas Kensei's is 300-500ms. That means Kensei can avoid stuff what Gryphon can't with the dodge attack. Like charged bashes.

As far as the Enhanced forward dodge light goes, I don't think it's a good idea. It would improve his flow for sure, but it would make his kick too easy to access.

• Atynnie
    6 posts

@brandarsson nah, fine with enanched light but no, forward heavy should just be hyperarmored, hyper armor faster on finisher heavy and on the damage side 27 top neutral heavy and 16 on finisher light, that's it he's fine.

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@atynnie his bash is his biggest problem. Fixing his finishers and giving hyper armor to his forward dodge heavy won't help much.

Enhanced forward dodge light will help some.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1688 posts

@csodaszarvas_g
    I agree with the changes you sad. But let the shove remain forward dodge. From neutral i think that was the main real issue.
    His forward heavy dodge should be feintable.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    327 posts

@picoancus

Yes, the bash should remain a forward dodge bash, but Gryphon should be able to chain on miss, because if you're playing against any hero which is not Cent, Jorm, Warlord or HL you going to be very sad every time someone dodged your bash. Which going to happen a lot if you're playing against more experienced players, since they don't play those 4 (because of their limitations) and they can dodge bashes consistently.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1688 posts

@csodaszarvas_g
    Wrong...the thing is... I play mostly with Jorm, Warlord, Lawbringer and Highlander...lol But yes, they are from lower tiers, but even so, im stubborn and will stand up with them and try to give some hard time to high tier heros.
    I know what you mean... 😉
    I like Gryphon and his forward dodge heavy have a good range and track, but is very slow...should be feintable. Bash beeing forward dodge. I agree in what you wrote.

• Csodaszarvas_G
    327 posts

@picoancus

Jorm, Warlord, Lawbringer and Highlander, eh? My choices are Lawbringer, Warden, Valkyrie and maybe Kensei. But I play the most with the first 3.

Well, LB has a dodge bash at least. Even if it's 700ms lol.

• IlluminatiEyes
    1688 posts

@csodaszarvas_g
    I call LB bash the "1000 years never landing bash"...
    But i love the char, my favorite knight with Conqueror, but Conqueror is lame to play. 🙂

• Atynnie
    6 posts

@deathtocakl yeah, his bash should have a bit of tracking so if you delay it and someone dodge heavys you hit him mid dodge, you can do right now as well but the window is quite narrow, like veery narrow, the heavy in hyper armor would help a lot if you make it also the hyper armor immediate on the finisher, last thing as i said, a good 27 with top heavy neutral(and after kick as well but not guaranyeed on gb), and not guardbreakable from reaction to the kick but only if you preventevely dodge, like shino's bash after the nerf (forward one)

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@atynnie here's a simple list of what I wanna see buffed for him. Itl make him plenty viable, but not broken.

Bash link timing changed from 300-500ms to 200-500ms.

Bash chains of whiff.

Finisher heavies gain armor 100ms into the attack.

Forward dodge heavy is feintable.

The two fun, but questionable things you could do:

Enhanced Forward dodge light. (might make him a bit too strong)

Unblockable Forward dodge heavy.

• Atynnie
    6 posts

Everything cool besides the feintable dodge forward heavy, absolutely not needed, it would be way to safe, it needs HA to not get interrupted cause that shis is stрid
    The unblockable dodge forward heavy nah, MAYBE an unblockable top heavy finisher with hyper armor, wouldn't change that much, or unblockable zone since it costs a lot.
    Enhanced light is absolutely needed, along side 200/500 dodge forward bash with tracking and more damage on light finisher (16 from 14) and topo heavy neutral

• deathtocakl
    1482 posts

@atynnie the problem is that attack is 500ms and leads to his mixup. For a lot of players this means you get bullied easily.

Also bashes do not track. Players just lose dodge frames before the bash lands. His bash has enough range.

• Atynnie
    6 posts

@deathtocakl it has a lil of tracking, like bp's bash and conq as well and yada yada...
    anyway ublockable on top heavy finisher only when against a wall and unblockable after the kick as well, just to not get interrupted by dumb allies

Suggested Topics