ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

Currently as it stands, the Xbox community is falling way short of the goal to get the community rewards, and it seems the margin that it fails each week is growing larger by the week. I personally think the number of God Kills it takes to get the community rewards should be lower than 10k, as with the current number of kills that happen, the community rewards might as well be no longer accessible to those who don't already have them. It also doesn't make sense to have the 10k requirement when the player base is much smaller than it used to be (given that the player base has mostly moved on to Odyssey, Valhalla, among other games). Back when it was 300k, it mad sense given how much larger the player base was, however, how active the current player base is MUCH less than it used to be, and my proof is with how far off we continually are on Xbox to reaching the goal (I can't confirm if the same for Playstation and PC). I hope this gets fixed soon, because as things stand right now, the challenges might as well just go back to being gone like they were previously, given how unachievable these things are increasingly becoming.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ede-Wolf
    23 posts

@aelfred2k3
    That's a good point. I asked myself, if the limit was always 10000. I played Origins two years ago and now after playing Odyssey for a long time I came back, bought the season pass and start a new game. I had no memory of the challenge and I had no golden Anubis amor set so far.
    So I played the challenge. On PC we had no problems to beat the challenge (followed it six times). I get the golden Anubis after the second win (not first time). Since then it makes no sense to take part in the challenge, but I did it. You must kill at least one god to get the reward. Now it is only a purple weapon, but at the second win I get four golden Anubis pieces at a time.

• Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ede-wolf Yes, I am aware of the rewards, however, getting these rewards on this platform is virtually impossible. It's going to be a day and some hours, and we are barely over the 5k mark. I fully expect this to fail again this week, and the next. Something needs to change, otherwise, this content will be permanently lost for those who didn't buy it within a year of release, or for the "wrong" platform.

• Sybelorey
    1 posts

@aelfred2k3 i just made a ticket to ubisoft, they told me to come here read things, because they might just post to reduce it. Well they did not, and i wrote them because i searched in google for this question for like 2 weeks wirh no luck, well yes i found that you are irritated too because the impossibleness of this challange atm, but thats still not solve the problem, so i hope they might reduce it to 5-6k kills soon.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4744 posts

Hi @Aelfred2k3 @sybelorey apologies for the late response.

I understand that the target for the community challenge may be too high. I have just checked myself as I played the game on PS4 and it currently shows 9204/10000 with 2 days and 4 hours remaining.

Can you please provide a screenshot showing the current progress on Xbox.

Official Response
  • Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

@Ubi-Keo this is a screenshot from the Ubisoft Connect Mobile App, shortly before I posted. I only have the Xbox version of Origins.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@aelfred2k3 Thats for this screenshot.

Comparing this with the numbers given by Ubi-Keo, there is a difference in players taking part in the challenge/amount players have contributed.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. We've forwarded this onto the team for further consideration!

Official Response
  • Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

@Ubi-Nacho Thank you for forwarding it. I hope this gets fixed, as it would be a shame for some of that gear to be gone for Good. I'll be watching the thread for any updates you all provide.

• rayb23
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho I’ve unlocked all the trial of the gods items back when the game came out but started a brand new playthrough, really hoping this gets fixed soon. It’d be a bummer if I couldn’t get these items again because not enough people still play the game.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Thanks again for everyone suggesting this change to the community challenges. We have no updates to share on this as of yet, but I tested this myself and can see that the PlayStation target was reached, whilst the PC target is currently around 170 contributions short of completing, with 1 day to go. So it appears both PC and Xbox players are struggling to hit the target at the moment and we will update our reports with this information.

Official Response
  • Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-milky That would be great. I'm glad that there is more attention being put on this, and I do hope it gets fixed as soon as a decision is made.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @Aelfred2k3, appreciate your input there!

I've just had a look and can see that there are no updates just yet, however as soon as there will be something, we will try to keep you all informed, so thank you for your continued patience!

Official Response
  • Drood2k3
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubi-karl No Problem. I'm glad this got some attention, especially with all the hype (me included) for the Dawn of Ragnarok coming up!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@aelfred2k3 Hello there!

Thanks for checking in here. Please be sure to get in touch regarding any future community challenges too, should you wish to pass any comments along.

We hope you enjoy Dawn of Ragnarok!

Official Response

Suggested Topics