Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• S1r_Sm0k3al0t
    Original poster 58 posts

Hey Ubisoft I think its TIME to do a new For Honor fresh, better balance, different hero's, better servers and better gameplay. The next gen consoles are out they should have proper hardware, pc players would just need to upgrade if needed. From what I can see on the forums is that OG players are done with this game some are actually talking about Chivalry 2 which I am interested in as well. It is time for a brand new For Honor and stop trying fix this one its been a good 4 years and counting.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    Buddy...will you buy For Honor2?
    I dont... Im about to just delete the For Honor I from console....lol

• S1r_Sm0k3al0t
    Original poster 58 posts

@picoancus Maybe sometimes the sequel is better they can further advance the gameplay, add or change feature etc. They did so many fixes and adjustments maybe it is time to restart with a fresh new game new look. I am gamer I will try out any game that seem interesting.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    -They managed to release almost all new broken characters in order to guarantee the purchase money. Later all or almost all were nerfed.

-They managed to delay years in some Reworks, and ruined Mains, whose players ended up choosing other characters.

-Managed not to end feats and movesets that are simply broken.

-They managed to despise all the old timers, and benefit the noobs, with these new reworks for potato players to win without any skill.

Four years..!!! If in 4 years, the best they can get is this... It's all said. Im not a gamer, but im not a fool as well...

Therefore, NO. 😉
    Thank you but no.
    When I don't like a movie, I just don't see the sequel.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    Do you want an example?
    The forum itself...

They made this new and "better" Forum.
    This Forum is not phone friendly..they know it...did they fixed it? No.

Is this Forum better, or with more activity than the old one? No and No.

The only thing that you see here more, is the moderators suspending people. Much better now. 😉

• Dunmaglass_
    39 posts

I would like a For Honor 2 but they need to finish the first one by making every factions to 10 heroes and patch everything like heroes, combat system, bugs, maps, modes... we need single pick too.

If For Honor 2 is not a clowns fest like the one we have now (Weird materials, armors, weapons, executions, emotes, movesets/feats, lore, effects...), I'll buy instant. More historical accurate things, real fighting moves and maybe real locations. But I know Ubisoft always start with good things and destroy it by changing all the good for fancy uninteresting things.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@dunmaglass_
    Exactly.
    Ill just had a better matchmaking... Its a clown fest now too...

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

Nobody will buy it.

If anyone thinks that 'suddenly' the rules change with a new release they are wrong. It's the same people making the games, it will be the same garbage in a different bag.

Their only option is to continue milking this one.

• Soldier_of_Dawn
    105 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t I would say yes to For Honor 2 because they can:

A) update the technology in terms of:

1. visuals
    2. larger lobbies for larger battles
    3. faster loading times
    4. crossplay

B) take advantage of greater staff numbers and budgets by:

1. addressing outstanding QoL changes in terms of cosmetics, targeting/lock-on system, UI, matchmaking, map updates, game mode updates, general gameplay, etc.
    2. having faster balancing where the first game can be used as the testing grounds of For Honor 2 during its development

C) consider new game modes and features such as:

1. replacing Story Mode and Arcade with a full open-world multiplayer RPG that would cover all storytelling and lore. DLC would include
    2. having the faction war handled completely with real-time combat in the open world instead of turn-based asset allocation. This campaign could be the end game along with standard PvP and the RPG.
    3. expanding on siege warfare and exploring naval combat
    4. having all aspects of the competitive/tournament scene handled in-game from announcements to registration to participation
    5. a seasonal performance tracker in terms of blocks, parries, deflects, superior blocks, kills, assists, deaths, executions, revives, highest rank achieved, territories taken, tournaments participated in, etc. This could come with achievements and rewards to encourage players to improve. So players would actually level up by improving their skills instead of XP grinding.
    6. deeper customisation options

D) consider having a change of direction by focusing on

1. real expansions & DLC, such as story & map expansions and new factions, rather than temporary content so the game actually grows and improves over time. Microtransactions would still be a thing.
    2. having events primarily being used to introduce new permanent content. Crossovers would be used to garner new audiences.
    3. making the fashion tournament scene as established as the competitive scene. Yes, it would take time but it would be worth it. Two tournament scenes would be better than one.
    4. no more clowns and goofy memes, as others have said. Content would be more gritty and have more historical and folklore elements based on the factions.

E) have another chance to make a solid impression on gamers both old and new

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

@soldier_of_dawn thats 'your' vision, it's not reality. Steel packs and n00bs is all UBI cares about, it's what makes money. If old players don't buy steel they work for it, n00bs buy everything trying to look good using the most OB broken hero's.

• S1r_Sm0k3al0t
    Original poster 58 posts

@nydardoloth Are you sure about that. There is many games that have done better with a sequel especially when they are a fresh game on a next gen system. For Honor has been going on for 4 years sometimes its good to start fresh especially with the new consoles.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    New consoles? Where?! 😄
    PS5 is out of stock like forever... Im on two Waiting lists of the bigger stores in my country since last Year.

• Soldier_of_Dawn
    105 posts

@nydardoloth Steel packs and noobs are all UBI cares about? That's half-true at best and you're leaning on the current state of For Honor and one approach UBI has taken with one of many of their games. With the Assassin's Creed games(and others) they've done both expansions and microtransactions. A For Honor sequel can do the same; all it needs is a good start, unlike the first game.

I'm sure MTXs and drip-fed content are mostly due to the budget and staff levels of the current For Honor given the stage in its life cycle; it's an old game. Bigger budgets, larger staff levels, and learned lessons sequels bring allow for a change of direction, faster development, and taking advantage of better technology for an enhanced experience.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@soldier_of_dawn
    Buddy, I would agree with you if the problem was with the game engine itself, where Hardware was the only obvious limitation.

But no, I still see that after 4 years, someone still doesn't have a sense of what the balance between characters is. Tiers between Chars will always exist, but it doesn't have to be this abysmal difference where you have two recent reworks that turned into a nightmare, and they were 3 to 2 weeks ago. Completely unequal fights, where these characters simply spam the same over and over again combos no matter what the opponent tries to do.

Afterwards, they maintain their stubbornness in insisting on Reflex guard when Assassin's Class is harmed in Team Fights.

They continue to insist on completely Broken Feats like Smoke Bomb, Corruption, Spear Storm etc etc... When everyone knows and has complained.

Continue to create Broken Heroes on Release to sell...

Characters like Jorm, Shaolin and others remain completely obsolete compared to Meta gameplay...

So the problem here is not in the hardware or in some limitation that makes this game impossible to be better. This game is like this either intentionally or by ignorance (which is even worse).
    If it is intentionally it clearly shows only monetary interest.
    If it is lack of knowledge, it is incompetence, which will also be reflected in the sequel.

• S1r_Sm0k3al0t
    Original poster 58 posts

New console availability and PC hardware availability is about the same for everyone around the world and it does take some time develop a game like this.

Apparently you guys are not getting the concept of a new game. Its not just the hardware to get a new game its also the game it self as you guys have constantly mentioned the balance in this game is trash. Well with all the reworks and patches the Ubisoft has done to the game and hero's to keep the game going no wonder the game is so unbalance. What happens to any program that just gets patches and fixes to keep running eventually the program doesn't work correctly.

Ubisoft could just develop For Honor 2 a fresh game that is made for the next gen consoles. That way they could clean up all the reworks and patches that have made this game unbalanced.

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t Funniest thing about making games for next gen consoles is... People can't get their next gen consoles lol. I got lucky.

Why make a game for a next gen console just to lose your last gen players to focus on players who can't get one, it doesn't make sense.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    The game balance is trash because they make it trash. Balance come from movesets.
    Matchmaking its trash. And its not about the game generation. They make it trash.

Nobody can please Greeks and Trojans the same time. And they choose to please noobs. Helping them winning matches with super tier Chars, creating Easy Mode, and favourable Matchmakings. Because new players are a better chance to money injections. Vets already have steel gained with time played. They can afford buying whatever they want, and won every gear on every Char.

• S1r_Sm0k3al0t
    Original poster 58 posts

@nydardoloth Well for one thing I am not software engineer but I doubt a game especially this type of game would be done in a year or 2 so plenty of time for Next Gen consoles. Look how long its taking for GTA 6. Everyone is having issues with availability with consoles and PC hardware.

For people on here to claim they are gamers you guys are not grasping the simple concept of new game. Its obvious at one point in the 4 years this game has been a blast or we still wouldn't be here. Every good franchise has had it beginning game that had it bugs and issues but for the most part the sequels were always better. Look at Call of Duty, Gears, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, etc they all had problems with their first game but look at them now.

If Ubisoft wants to do a fresh game in For Honor 2 I would definitely try it they could change in a better way.

• PicoAncus
    875 posts

@s1r_sm0k3al0t
    Who see you now...and who saw you writting on the previous Forum... Wont tell you re the same person... 😄

I understand your idea, but i still believe that this game can be improved a lot, if and only if people who call the shots really understand about movesets and balance.

At least new generation Consoles are available. Until then its unthinkable release a game for a Console that nobody can find ...

• Soldier_of_Dawn
    105 posts

@picoancus My original point didn't focus solely on hardware benefits. I also mentioned larger budget & staff levels and, thus, faster development which would address some of your issues such as the weaker heroes staying obsolete in the meta. Faster balancing would allow them to catch up to the meta heroes sooner. Other outstanding issues would be addressed much sooner with a sequel budget like some of the feats you mentioned.

However, I will admit that some irritating things will cross over into the FH2 if the mindset doesn't change such as Reflex Guard but that's not enough to stop a sequel from happening.

If things stay as they are, a lot of the changes we want will either take too long to happen or never at all. Sequels have resolved past issues before in other franchises so For Honor won't be the first if it did the same.

As for the lack of consoles argument, remember, the developers can't make a AAA game in a few months. I'm not a developer but I'd guess that it would take 4-5+ years with a full budget and gaming companies do need to continue to make games in order to stay in the business regardless of shortages, which may not be the case in 4-5+ years time. Also, I'm sure by then, a For Honor sequel would be overdue as it would be competing with true next-gen games.

Suggested Topics