ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dagrommit
    Original poster 894 posts

In order to complete one of the Hollywood GE challenges, you need to get 50 kills with a thrown grenade (i.e. not the grenade launcher). Given how useless grenades are, the common way to cheese this is by going to the start of Viewpoint. NPC's who aren't in combat won't avoid a grenade, and there are always four enemies here.

But, it seems that grenade kills don't always register - note that I have 25 kills before throwing the grenade, and there are four enemies

After throwing two grenades, all four NPC's are downed, but the count has only increased by two 👎 👎

Did it again and the count only increased by 1 👎

Note that the difficulty was on story to ensure a single grenade can kill a red bar enemy. This is build used:

Can someone else repeat this experiment? Ensure you're running Demolitionist and have one China Light piece and the frag grenade.

1. Ensure the Hollywood GE is active
    2. Go to the start of Viewpoint Museum, set the difficulty to Story
    3. Head in to the mission area and take cover near the first group of enemies
    4. Throw two grenades and wait for the enemies to bleed out - take note of the kill count
    5. Repeat the last three steps and compare the kill count

Are you seeing four kills each time, or does it vary?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    215 posts

@dagrommit I think the grenade has to kill them outright, not the bleed effect. I always use concussion grenades for events like this, they seem to have a much better success rate.

• dagrommit

@the_kettle I thought that too, but watched as the counter went up by 1 when the last enemy bled out - hence step 4.

• echolecter
    220 posts

@dagrommit As mentioned, use concussion grenades (most damage) and make sure the grenade kills all, so go after specific enemies. When after the explosion a bomber or grenadier NPC kills his buddies it isn't your grenade that kills. Reason for seeing the counter going up when last NPC is dead is because that is the way it works. And it's the same with XP grants after fights, only see it popup when out of combat.

I set world difficulty to normal and head out to find roaming NPCs, hyenas work very well. If you see them carrying supplies then success is ensured, they pretty much always stick together and one grenade kills them all. Also the ones threatening civilians don't move even when the grenade drops. Other cases best get close enough, throw grenade when grouped closely, then fire few shots so they react to that instead of grenade. Works every time on red ones, and any veterans need few hits from bullets first before they get killed by the grenade.

• Myrdhyn74
    10 posts
    Can someone else repeat this experiment? Ensure you're running Demolitionist and have one China Light piece and the frag grenade.

I did the same yesterday with the same results.

I used an explosive build (3 Empress, 2 Grupo Sombra, 1 China). With a fragment grenade I killed three of the four True Sons and the counter
    did not count. After the death of the fourth True Son (MG dude) it counted one up. Parallel to that the weekly challenge counted one up.
    With using the concussion grenade all four were killed and both counters (Global event and weekly challenge) counted 4.

I did this event more than one time, but this is the first time I experienced this. Maybe the weekly challenge interferes somehow.

• dagrommit

@myrdhyn74 thanks, that confirms it's just frag grenade kills not being counted consistently whereas concussion grenades are.

• dagrommit
    When after the explosion a bomber or grenadier NPC kills his buddies it isn't your grenade that kills. Reason for seeing the counter going up when last NPC is dead is because that is the way it works

To be clear, the counter went up twice - once for (some) kills from the grenade explosion, a second time from the bleed. And as noted, setting Viewpoint to story mode always spawns four red bars at the start - none of of whom are bombers or grenadiers. Anyhow, it looks like the issue is just with frag grenades.

Suggested Topics