ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 4 Likes/31 Replies/954 Views
    phxrider
    Original poster 72 posts

Looking for a way to fake-complete that stupid "get a military plane" mission because airplane control is so horrendous and unusable I will never be able to complete it, and I literally have no other story missions available to me although Anton and Jose Castillo are still quite alive and well, and it appears I either need to get past this mission or quit playing. Note, pitch controls seem to be affected by the "directional controls don't release after pressing" regression introduced in the last patch.

Note to Far Cry devs - airplanes just suck in these games, they sucked in FC5 and I hated the Nick Rye mission, at least it turned out you don't actually have to do it to progress in the game or playing it again on New Game Plus would never have happened for me. PLEASE, for the love of god, never have missions where you have to fly planes as required story missions. If that's too big of an ask, then maybe spend some time actually flying them and figure out how to make them not completely suck.

Even if they do fix the controls I would love to be able to finish what is an otherwise fun game and get past this stupid mission.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    372 posts

@phxrider I hope it is patched then.

Yes, the flight mechanics are horrible.

(I think I must have done it pre-patch but it's like flying a truck.)

• KmarkoPL
    480 posts
    Banned

@phxrider Finished the mission in one go.
    It is not that hard to land the plane.
    And actually plane controls are much better in this game, than in FC5

• RobertEmerald
    172 posts

Agreed! I'd like to do the same with those racing missions that involve planes or hovercrafts, but Ubisoft won't do a thing about it and will continue do the same things in Far Cry 7 and beyond. No options for players, just their way or the highway!

• eth00
    1 posts

@phxrider This doesn't answer the skipping missions part, but I finished that mission by crash landing the plane into the garage. I couldn't fly the damn thing either.

• katzenkrimis71
    233 posts

Airplanes just suck in these games.

===

I agree that the flight aspect of this game needs work. I feel like I'm literally one of the Wright brothers when I fly these planes.

Orville or Wilbur.

Probably Orville, since he was better looking. And I like his mustache.

This is not the early 1900's. We shouldn't have jank planes.

What I did with this game, is I set aside an hour to practice bombing, landing and flying over an enemy airstrip. It really helped me with the quest that you mentioned. Although, an hour with training is overdoing it, as there are very few times in this game when a plane is necessary. You're better off with choppers, or the smaller flying vehicles.

The flying dune buggy (Angelito FW Turbo) is somewhat useful.

The Avispa Buzzer was very helpful in this game.

And any chopper is decent, though not always practical, due to it's size and landing space required.

Planes, no.

• phxrider
    Original poster 72 posts

@kmarkopl It's utterly impossible when the stupid developers broke the pitch controls so they don't stop when you take your finger off the W and S keys and the plane keeps trying to fly to the moon.

• phxrider
    Original poster 72 posts

@katzenkrimis71 I think the choppers are pretty awful too, which is too bad because they were super easy to fly in FC5, although nothing was as easy as the buzzer in FC4.

Dear developers: if you're going to have flying vehicles, the FC4 Buzzer should be your target. Far Cry is not a flight simulator, vehicles should NOT be remotely challenging to control. You're supposed to be able to jump into any vehicle like James Bond and drive / fly / ride it like a professional stunt driver in Far Cry.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@phxrider There is a vehicle that is very similar to the FC4 Buzzer, I just used that whenever I needed to travel from one place to another, it can even land on water.

• phxrider
    Original poster 72 posts

@mrsir1980 I haven't seen this - are you sure you're not confusing the hovercraft (which is also awful and unusable in FC6) with the buzzer? The buzzer was the ultra-light helicopter thing in FC4. The hovercrafts controlled much better in 4 as well..... I put this in the wish list thread before the game came out, I asked for the developers to make the vehicles control like FC3-4 because there were zero issues with control in those games, you could hop in and pretty much stunt drive like James Bond the first time you tried any of them.

In the absence of a reply I'm going to be looking for this vehicle though..... 🙂

• Z7_Z7
    25 posts

Yeah I'd like to know this too. I'm completely stuck on Boom or Bust mission.

• Kormac67
    1134 posts

@phxrider What's wrong with the choppers? They are a bit bad at aiming, but super easy to fly, and very forgiving regarding obstacles.
    You can even cheese many climbing challenges with them.

• mrsir1980
    69 posts

@phxrider There is a buzzer type vehicle found in the El Este that is both available from the boat and helicopter points.

• flybyme
    213 posts

I finished that mission. Yes, the controls are pathetic but just adjust to them. I even crashed into a mountain top and I thought game over but the plane just bounced off the mountain and I kept flying. To finish the scenario you have to taxi the plane into the hanger. I didn't at first and when I got out of the plane I wondered why there was a yellow dot over the hanger with 50m on it.

• NasioFontaine
    3 posts

The controls are terrible until you go into the options menu and fiddle about with the plane settings. Prior to doing this I flew uncontrollably out to sea in the unplayable area. The next thing I saw was Dani Rojas relaxing on a beach followed by the end credits to the game lol.

• ExpertPegasus41
    8 posts

After you steal it fly out to sea level and in a minute you will find yourself on a beach in Miami and the game is over.

• flybyme
    213 posts

@kormac67 Yes the choppers are super easy to fly. I use them a lot flying around getting the Libertad and PND box things. One you had to climb up a monument thing and jump across to get the box by using a parachute I ended up using a chopper and landing on top to open the box.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

Ubisoft has never been able to make good flying vehicles in any of its Far Cry and Ghost Recon games. They really struggle with it. Helicopter and airplane controls are absolutely abysmal. We are not asking for a flight sim but it would not cost a huge company like this much money to hire even a light airplane/helicopter pilot as an advisor just to get the BASICS right.

One game that is NOT a simulator that has got it right is GTA5. The helicopters in that game behave far more realistically than any Ubi game. You can hover properly, do hover-stops can even do pedal turns (yaw axis) just like a real world copter. Most of all it does not feel like you are flying a DJI Phantom drone on rails - which is what Ubi copters feel like.

Planes in GTA5 also blow Ubi planes out of the sky - they have actual rudder (yaw axis) control for example. Do a turn in a small plane in GTA5 now try it in an Ubi game. Its like hauling a big rig around the sky. Absolute joke and it kills the immersion.

• flybyme
    213 posts

@dv20katana Remember this isn't a Flight Simulator which I have and have also done real-world flying and as this is just a game I don't take the flying in it seriously with its flaws, I have soon adapted on how to fly them and once you have I have no problems with them.

• phxrider
    Original poster 72 posts

Helicopters aren't bad, I don't have a problem flying them. I wish they responded a little faster to the mouse and had a better aiming system for weapons but I can make it work.

Airplanes are unusable since the last patch introduced a glaring bug that causes it to keep climbing or diving endlessly even after the player releases the corresponding key. This causes the "get Philly a military plane" mission to be COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to finish, which in turn halts progress in the game.

Ubisoft, W T F??? This is a MAJOR BUG that depending on vehicle type, either completely breaks or seriously hampers the use of every vehicle other than helicopters. It is GAME BREAKING and needs to be patched ASAP, not some obscure graphical bug that you fix when you get to it or wait for the next major release. This is unacceptable.

Suggested Topics