ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OU_ROCKS_UT
    Original poster 1 posts

What is the deal with the pop guns in this game? No effective weapon and no explosives at all!!! How the hell do you blow up an anti-aircraft battery?!!

Game is great if you like using spit balls and getting killed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    150 posts

@ou_rocks_ut To destroy an anti-a/c battery, toss or lob a grenade at its base. As for weapons, headshots with armor penetrating rounds are effective.

• tcarlisle2012
    222 posts

This is an RPG type of game. The weapons you start with and your armor, etc. do put you at a huge disadvantage. As you progress in levels, and open cache crates, you will acquire better gear, including explosives, etc. There is even a rocket launcher. At some point, you acquire a few tanks. Lots of firepower to be found.

My personal favorite weapon in Far Cry games has always been the bow. Its a one-shot kill, and is silent. That first well into my preferred playstyle of stealth.

But you can choose what to use, or not, and how to play this game and make it a more run 'n gun style game. But in the beginning, it is not easy at all.

• ExpertPegasus41
    8 posts

I agree, far from realistic.

Pistol rounds should never be as accurate, powerful or shoot as far as rifle rounds.
    Have you noticed all the ammo in the belt fed machine guns have already been fired? I assume the technical director has never seen a loaded(live) round. Primers should not have dents unless they have already been fired. Photo attached just in case someone from ubisoft reads this.
    Shotguns and pistols should be close range 25-40 yards, the rifles using the .223/5.56 ammo should not kill better than rifles using the 308/7.62x51 rounds. On what world does a 5.56 kill better than a Fal, M1A, or M60?
    I understand levels of weapons but make it realistic, start off with revolvers, bolt action or lever action guns and progress through quality of weapons not making it where only head shots kill or what ever weird ideas is in the game, for those of us over 15 it makes the game seem cheap.

• NasioFontaine
    3 posts

I found that FC6 takes awhile to get used to, moreso than previous editions of Far Cry. Once you start picking up the quality weapons and devising your best loadout the game becomes far more enjoyable. Like someone said though, get grenades as part of your supremo and that'll take care of the anti-aircraft cannons.
    Grenade launchers, RPG's, explosive arrows from a bow, and dynamite can also do the job but I think only the latter is available at the start.

• MrFraggle67
    13 posts

@ou_rocks_ut

I agree the weapons are really pathetic so much so I have stopped playing which for me is the worst of the Farcry games.
    Started another playthrough of Ghost Recon: Breakpoint which is a far better game, very much doubt I will go back to Farcry 6 fortunately I got it cheap.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

Your comment about AA battery reminds me of another Ubi game - GR Wildlands. That game has a bizarre design where AA batteries are IMMUNE to destruction from the sky. Even with a helicopter gunship carrying gatlings and rockets. You have to land and toss a grenade at it. Who comes up with this stuff??

Coming back to FC6, it is unfortunately another Airsoft Simulator. One gripe is theres no good visual feedback after using heavy powerful weapons. Handguns should just show a realistic bullet wound texture but heavy weapons should blow of arms and legs. Anyone seen the Rambo 4 movie? Remember the 0.50 cal scene? Aha!

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

I agree the weapons in this game are really bad. I have used the same 4 guns for most of the game. The m60 the grenade launcher the 50 cal. and the gold pistol with the green diamonds on it. The rest of the guns pale in comparison to the 4 i mentioned.

Suggested Topics