ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 807 posts

As the title says... Did the latest patch fix the respawning enemies when you look away?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris

Ok, let me ask this... is anyone still playing this game? It seems posts here have dropped off a cliff!

• Law-II
    160 posts

@virtual-chris
    Gameplay updates 
    • Adjusted the respawn rate of enemies in the following areas: José's Island and Martínez (Philly's) Airstrip. 
    Source: News & Announcements Title Update 2 Deployment [Updated November 5th, 2021] | Ubisoft Forums

• Virtual-Chris
    @virtual-chris
    Gameplay updates 
    • Adjusted the respawn rate of enemies in the following areas: José's Island and Martínez (Philly's) Airstrip. 
    Source: News & Announcements Title Update 2 Deployment [Updated November 5th, 2021] | Ubisoft Forums

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm wondering if that actually fixed the issue most people were complaining about or just a couple of very specific instances? I won't be buying the game until the respawn issue is confirmed to have been fixed.

• Law-II
    160 posts

@virtual-chris
    just those two areas so far, am also hoping they are working on others for the next patch.. clearing an area is a pain at this time and it's not like they are calling in reinforcements that travel in jeeps and what not, NPC's just spawn out of thin air

• Virtual-Chris

@law-ii

Thanks. I’ll continue to monitor the next patch.

it seems like the player base here has just evaporated. I guess Far Cry is the kind of game you play through in a couple of weeks and move on. Unlike the Division where you’ve barely scratched the surface after a month.

• AngusVohaul
    5 posts

@virtual-chris This place is quite dead. No, the spawning is still crazy. They did nothing game-wide to help. New snipers appear on top of the corpse of the sniper you dropped a minute ago. You can watch them appear before your eyes. There aren't enough bullets, but the snipers are pretty lame or we'd be screwed. There are few areas you can actually clear. Recon is only a little helpful. I have to say though that it's been a really nice change from Breakpoint though if you look at it as ridiculous, rules-free fun. You're placed in a hundred situations you'd never get yourself into, of course, but it's a good, fairly mind-free change of pace if you like something like that and it fits in your yearly game budget. Now I need to go back to see if Motherland is any good given so much disappointment there.

• leroyisloco23
    1 posts

@virtual-chris
    the player base is playing the game instead of posting here. this is where disgruntled players come to complain.
    i think most people playing this have adapted to the changes in the far cry formula and like it (i am enjoying the heck out of it) and it is a buggy mess - but dude,...the red restricted areas, when there is no mission attached, enemies will re-spawn like you described.
    i am 52 years old and the first time i rambo'd into a restricted area just to clear it out, i learned immediately that this is what happens when you bum-rush areas you don't need to. so i do not dabble in that unless i want some never-ending carnage to blow off some steam.
    i've NEVER had the never-ending re-spawn issue in missions,... but when trying to take larger restricted areas with no mission attached, it always happens. so, i quit trying to do that.
    the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome

• Virtual-Chris

@leroyisloco23

I'd like to believe that, but based on how the post volume has fallen off a cliff here in the last couple of weeks, I suspect there's more to it than that.

Suggested Topics