ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GtoXed
    Original poster 1 posts

So me and my girlfriend been playing farcry 5, far cry new dawn, and bought far cry 6, we were super hyped for the game, and she even pre-ordered it. these have been our go-to Co-op games that we love playing and can easily replay the campaign a couple of times.. Well when the game (FC6) was released, we both updated our drivers, downloaded the game, and proceeded to play the game.
    So we've started unlocking places now, liberating, you know just generally living the best far cry life! 😛
    My girlfriend was very disappointed, but I decided we should keep playing and see if it gets better..

2 weeks into the game, this is where we decided to stop playing. The AI engine or whatever u call it is extremely dumb... this is not the far cry i remember! I'll post a brief list of the issues we noticed;

-Enemy AI not seeing you despite having fired shot, runs around aimlessly trying to find a target.. like hello, im right in front of you??
    -friendly AI when doing missions gets stuck in fences. friendly AI walks slow despite being in the middle of battle, not taking cover, just complete open cannon fodder for enemy AI to shoot at.
    -Getting on a horse and going up a hill can suddenly have the horse fly 100 meters into the air and fall down with you still on top, effectively killing you.
    -Friendly AI can say "come here" despite walking the wrong way
    -enemy AI seeing you despite being hidden. does not happen frequently but it makes you go "so before you couldn't see me, but now you can? we playing opposites today or what?"
    -Enemy AI doesnt notice when i snipe their friend right next to them, walks off into different direction

I've always felt that in FC5 and new dawn, AI was great at having commanders order the grunts around, flank you from sides, barrage you with rockets... but in far cry 6, they feel so dumbed down that i can easily run into a base and snipe everyone off without noticing, and as me and the girlfriend walk away a magic chopper just appears.

oh, did i forget to mention that AI respawns embarrassingly quick?! we literally just raided a base, and 3 new soldiers just appear out of thin air?

I am wondering if it's because of the new added game feature of holstering the weapon and trying to pass as a civilian is confusing the game engine's AI? could this be scripted to a fix?

So, we have decided to stop playing since a week back (oct 31st 2021). I am starting this topic becuase i hope Ubisoft sees this and perhaps gives us an answer?
    Can and will this problem be patched? this is a very fun game but the buggy AI really leaves a sour taste in the mouth when playing this. Seeing giancarlo desposito getting stuck on a pathway for 2 seconds really makes the game lose it's ambiance..
    We are hoping patches will come soon to fix this is, as we would love to finish this game!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Saeber777
    10 posts

@gtoxed I can second this. The AI is stupid. The game needs a lot of work still. Very disappointed.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 783 posts

Hello @GtoXed and @Saeber777 and welcome to game forums,

First of all I would like to thank @GtoXed for such a detailed feedback regarding The AI engine and all the questions raised. Sorry to hear you have had a frustrating experience and stopped playing the game.
    We do enjoy seeing suggestions from our players. We gather all feedback given and review it to better our products and services. So I will be passing on your feedback to the relevant department.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us again if you need any help.

Official Response
  • CuckyBlokebird
    4 posts

@gtoxed Yep i stopped playing, then decided to push through and see if it improved. It didn't. Its embracing how bad it is. Thats it for me and ubisoft unless they own it and fix it.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

I have to say that I agree about the difficulty (lack there of) issue. I started a 2nd play through then decided to go through New Dawn again. And man I have to say the combat in New Dawn is way more challenging and satisfying than that of Far Cry 6. FC 6 was suppose to get more difficult with elite troops and they are harder than the basic enemies... but the whole feel of the combat is off and a bit of a thud. Don't get me wrong I like many things about FC 6. But it occurred to me that UBI has put all their energy into cinematics, environment, story, characters etc... that's great... but just totally missed the ball on combat. It's a thud. Way too easy... sometimes laughingly so.

I was hoping they would be patching it to up the difficulty level or add a new difficulty level in preferences... but as the weeks go by that appears less likely so. I can't believe that this was not discussed by the beta testers during testing. It must have been.

I want there to be a FC 7 but the combat in FC 6 is such a disappointment, even a diehard FC fan like me is losing heart.

• CuckyBlokebird
    4 posts

@rickidoo2010 Yeah agree with everything you said, it is laughable at times. Its really pronounced when you get in a tank and drive around blowing everything up, the way enemies react, and sometimes dont react at all, just leaves me shaking my head in despair. And then I try and imagine the developers looking at this game and saying "yep, its ready".

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, thanks for all of your input regarding AI and sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations.

After digging around, I can see that community is sharing a mixture of feelings regarding it and some players appear to be praising it, whilst some find it too easy. Nevertheless, we will make sure that your voices are heard and accordingly, I have made sure that your feedback is forwarded to our development team.

If you do happen to have any additional information regarding this or if you run into any other difficulties, do not hesitate and drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@ubi-karl A couple of things.

I appreciate that a UBI representative such as yourself reads these posts. But since UBI never talks back (I'm speaking broadly, like giving the community some feedback on what they see as matters they will be working on), I've come to the conclusion that this is an attempt by UBI to *appear* interested, but really not so. It rings hollow because UBI is silent.

Secondly, even if there are some that take the AI and like it, this is 2021, not 1998. I expect in 2021 that different levels of players can have levels that they can enjoy - and not a one size fits all. That's what difficulty levels are suppose to be for - people playing at a level that suits them. So the fact that the AI suits some people and not others is not a justification for UBI blowing off those of us that don't want to fight with and as bullet sponges. Leaving us out - we are the people that have been loving the FC series for years - is a strategic mistake. There may have been an excuse for this in game made in1998, but there is none in 2021.

Heck even FC 1 had a range of difficulty levels. FC 2 actually added infamous after launch. All of them had levels that offered both a challenge and immersion. But not FC 6 overall.

Take for example snipers. In new dawn they are deadly. In FC 6 I just about have to get 100' away and do a dance to get their attention. I mean 'cmon.

Really, if UBI is not interested enough to keep the community informed on *their* thinking why should teh community be interested enough in telling our friends what a great game this could be. And buying future UBI games.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

@rickidoo2010

No reason to assume, Ubi has shown you how they feel about you. Still interested in the game?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Thanks for your thoughts about this, @rickidoo2010 - I've passed on your comments about difficulty levels to our dev teams.

We continually evaluate all feedback we receive when making design choices. We don't often report back on feedback we've received for the same reason most of the world's companies don't - it's just not something we're geared for, being as all our research is done internally. We do design our games around that feedback (as well as all the other research we have), though, as evidenced by that our games are, broadly speaking, extremely popular.

We appreciate when players are passionate about our games, and have feedback to share. We're happy to receive that feedback, and we're happy for you to discuss it with your friends too, whether it is positive or negative. We're also happy for you to not share feedback at all, if you'd prefer not to - that's up to you, of course!

Let me know if you've any other thoughts or questions about this.

Official Response
  • Lee575
    3 posts

@ubi-thrupney people who hate dying in games love this game but I want a challenge I want to have to actually try and concentrate on finishing a mission. I think what people want to know is this are you doing anything to improve AI as I paid 55 pound for this game and I'm stud Infront of an enemy and he to takes ages to see me then runs around he doesn't Evan open fire at me. We really want to love the game but I just walked around a base killing all the enemy's with no thought of dying the AL don't Evan notice I've just walked right up to them while there facing me with a fun aimed at them your good feed back is probably from kids who don't notice this or they just are so happy just blowing things to bits they ignore it.

• Lee575
    3 posts

@ubi-karl I can't believe you have made the AI this bad they just don't do anything they don't see you they don't notice anything around them there all blind and death the game could be great if the AI was more challenging and also react to your character I just stud infront of an enemy he seen me then ran down the road I chased him about 40 metres he hid behind a try peeped round then after a while just starting walking around again I'm there looking thinking wow I've been ripped off kids may like this game for all the destruction but it's an 18 rating so adults play to and I just can't play without ever being challenged I just walk around the base with my rifle using one shot to every enemy doesn't matter if I'm detected as they just run around the base most of the time walking straight past me how can farcry 3 have better AI tham farcry 6 but will your team patch this or not I will never find out

• Lee575
    3 posts

@cuckyblokebird I can't believe how bad the AI is farcry 2.3.4 were all better than this

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hi @lee575 thanks for your feedback we appreciate it.

I have also moved this thread to the General Discussions forum.

Official Response
  • L._.Z
    1 posts

@ubi-keo I 100th to this. I stopped playing due to the dumb AI. It's not about difficulties. The AIs are really doing stupid things mentioned above. I handed the game over to my kids of 5 and 9. They really enjoy the dumb AI, but I found the game too violent for them. I tried to stop them from melee-ing people but it didn't work. So now the game is just idling on my PC waiting for the patch.

Please fix this.

• modmcsupersport
    15 posts

If any dev wants to see how to make difficulty scaling, then they need to play Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced edition. You don't get enemies with more HP and higher damage, you get smarter enemies and more of them. If you play classic, then you may get a few spells against you and enemies attacking, but when moving up to tactician mode difficulty you get more spells used and used smartly along with better attacks. I had an enemy spell caster actually shoot the explosive barrel beside my characters to kill me....another would teleport barrels of poison from one spot of the map to land on your team....this didn't happen in Normal mode. Often fights would also have more enemies, usually coming into your back or side making for harder fights. Add all this up and you have a much more difficult game without just pumping up Hit Points and damage output. So go look how that game did difficulty and see how to bring it to the FC franchise, or heck all Ubi franchises and reap the benefits of better games.

I have basically stopped playing FC6 due to the AI and other bad game choices made in design.

Suggested Topics