ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MaximDreey
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello everyone! I have a problem with the game performance and that is stuttering, a well known issue as far as I have seen. I have an: i7-10870H CPU, 16 GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 1660 TI, windows 10. I mention also that my game is installed on a M2 SSD. I tried to have it on a HDD too but no success. The stuttering seems to appear no matter my video settings. I have tried a lot of solutions out on the internet like change game priority to high, switch from full screen to borderless, limit fps etc. My drivers are also up to date. Do you have any solutions? I love the game but I really feel that the stuttering ruins my experience. Thanks a lot in advance!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @maximdreey

I'm sorry to hear you are having stuttering issues with the game. Have you just started experiencing this more recently with the game, or has it been doing it since you picked the game up?

You can try disabling the overlay in the Ubisoft Connect settings, as I have seen this has been resolving some performance issues recently. Let us know if this helps you too.

Official Response
  • SteamCoding
    8 posts

@ubi-froggard Hi, same issue here. I tried disabling overlay, borderless and fullscreen mode, vsync on/off/adaptive, FPS limit on/off and still the same.
    As you can see in screenshot there are micro FPS drop which happen all the time. Rotating camera is enough to trigger it. Also it wasn't always like this, it started happening recently.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello steamcoding thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear of the micro stutters you have experienced.

In your settings, you have your FPS limit lower than your Refresh Rate. When these values do not match closely, they can cause stuttering, screen tearing, or input lag in-game for some players.

If you wish to limit your frames to 90FPS, can you also please try lowering your refresh rate to match the value of 90 Hz too if possible, or as close as you can get it? You may also need to change the Hz speed in your Windows settings, under Display settings for your monitor, to test this.

Please test this when you can and let us know how you get on?

Official Response
  • SteamCoding
    8 posts

@ubi-milky Hi, I tried turning off fps limit and it's still the same, there are fps drops all the time (as you can see in the graph).

• SteamCoding
    8 posts

@ubi-milky Hi again, I verified files, turned hdr off and on and now there are no fps drops. Weird but it worked.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

Glad to hear you were able to get this smoothed out now @steamcoding! If this comes back, please update this thread so I may take a further look with you.

Official Response
  • Darth_Rewolf
    2 posts

Hi I have the same problem after the Ostara festival got added I have 1050 ti GeForce and played the game on medium graphics whiteout any problems the last months but from the 22 April the game is lagging and having mini freezes every half second.For me the game is unplayable.I have the latest driver version and even deinstalled it and the reinstalled it several times but nothing worked.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @darth_rewolf

I'm sorry to hear this is now affecting you. Do you know (or can you check) if you have done any Windows updates or graphic driver updates since you were last able to play fine? If so, you could try undoing those back to the previous state it worked fine in, just to see if either of those would be causing a problem? 

Previous graphic driver versions should be available to you on your graphics card manufacturer's website and if you want to try reverting the Windows update to give that a test, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Update History, then click Uninstall Updates. Right-click on the recent updates added to your computer since you last played the game fine, then click Uninstall. 

Let us know if either of these works for you. 

Official Response

Suggested Topics